Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Escape -- Game download

Time Shield

(edited)

I found this earlier today and downloaded it. Normally when I see most of these MLP games they are just quick flashes or 2D. I was really impressed with it being 3D. I managed to beat it a couple minutes ago. I really enjoyed it and I'm not really a big fan of horror games (since I usually die and quit from frustration). Everything seems pretty good from narration and audio. The graphics are pretty decent and I had no lag which is really really nice.

9/10

I do have a two curious questions tho:

1. Was there more levels? I seen in the data folder 23 level files and was curious if there was more or hidden extras.

2. I'm afraid I might have missed a note or 2 and was curious if I could find a copy of them not in game or thru the data files. (I like reading ingame notes, books, etc. I wierd.)

1.  There are only the 10 levels.  What Unity considers to be a 'level' includes each of the storybook scenes, the intro, and the main menu.

2.  Not through the data files.  I can tell you that there are 14 notes in all (5 from Sunny Spiral, 4 from Dusty Tome, and 5 from Crescent Aurora).  I could just spoiler them though:

*EDIT* Nevermind, spoiler tags don't seem to be working right?

Edited by Time Shield

• 2 weeks later...

OH MY GOD, FOR HOW LONG I'LL BE STUCK IN LEVEL 4? I KEEP FALLING TO THE ABYSS AND MR NOPE STILL SCARES ME  :( . Well, to be honest, I didn't had time to practice, I've been bombarded with exams three weeks straight  >_>

Yeah, level 4 turned out to be a little harder for people than I had initially anticipated.  Individually the challenges aren't hard, but having to complete all of them together can be difficult.

I wrote a little review. Do note that my first language is not English, so errors are to be expected.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YrjhlXZjWYQeSqqyqLeMthMjls1iDQ013z999uZoBYk/edit?usp=sharing

Also, I didn't finish the game. Stopped at 7 level. Insta-kill monsters are not really my thing.

I understand.  Insta-kill enemies aren't everyone's cup of tea, but it's the route I decided to go with on this one.  On my next game, I plan to have ghosts that you will have a defense against, and that they can only kill you in certain circumstances (they do fear damage to you otherwise).

Sorry you had so much trouble with level 7.  He basically just moves around that area in a figure-eight pattern, so you can follow his path and he won't find you.  If he does spot you, you can run and duck around the sharp corners to evade him (basically, if he turns a corner and doesn't see you, he loses you).  I was actually worried that the area in level 7 was too easy compared to the one in level 4...

You know what, I may go back and make one more update to the game.  I've been meaning to learn how to put in a checkpoint system, and if I can do so, it'd probably make it easier on players if I had certain levels contain a checkpoint after you completed something.  In particular it would make level 4 a lot easier if you didn't have to redo each of the three sections every time.

I also want to add a 15th note.  I think Dusty Tome deserves one more note to round out his story.

Is this game 32bit-only for Linux?

I think so?  I'm not sure exactly... I just chose the Linux option in Unity and exported it, so I don't really have any way of testing it, nor do I know what the requirements are.

You know what, I may go back and make one more update to the game.  I've been meaning to learn how to put in a checkpoint system, and if I can do so, it'd probably make it easier on players if I had certain levels contain a checkpoint after you completed something.  In particular it would make level 4 a lot easier if you didn't have to redo each of the three sections every time.

I also want to add a 15th note.  I think Dusty Tome deserves one more note to round out his story.

I think so?  I'm not sure exactly... I just chose the Linux option in Unity and exported it, so I don't really have any way of testing it, nor do I know what the requirements are.

Well, I downloaded it but it wouldn't run on my Linux laptop. For insurance, I inspected the file with a `file` command, and I can confirm the Linux version is 32-bit. I don't know if Unity free-version can generate a 64-bit build; I think so, but I can't help you - in case, you should check the export options and stuff (you'd need to develop on a 64-bit OS of course).

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

I think I've found a game to record... :3

I've wanted to record stuff, since I got some equipment (literally out of thin air), but my computer isn't beefy enough to record high quality games like Dishonored... So I guess I'll see if my computer can handle this... (I hope so... ;-; )

Edited by Midnight Frost

I think I've found a game to record... :3

I've wanted to record stuff, since I got some equipment (literally out of thin air), but my computer isn't beefy enough to record high quality games like Dishonored... So I guess I'll see if my computer can handle this... (I hope so... ;- ;)

Hopefully it should.  Unity's been pretty good about running on weaker systems in the past.

(edited)

Hopefully it should.  Unity's been pretty good about running on weaker systems in the past.

I'm going to test it now, fingers crossed! :3

EDIT: Eeyup, my computer can't handle the recording... *sigh*

Edited by Midnight Frost

• 2 months later...

Dude, bro, I have to say that I LOVE this game. Normally I don't like creepy games like this but I couldn't help it. Everything about this game is so well done. The graphics, the atmosphere, the music, the voice acting. SO GOOOOOOOD! Anyway, I don't know if you've made any updates on it since I downloaded it or not. I downloaded it on May 13 and have been enjoying it since.

Dude, bro, I have to say that I LOVE this game. Normally I don't like creepy games like this but I couldn't help it. Everything about this game is so well done. The graphics, the atmosphere, the music, the voice acting. SO GOOOOOOOD! Anyway, I don't know if you've made any updates on it since I downloaded it or not. I downloaded it on May 13 and have been enjoying it since.

If it's v1.2, it's the latest version.  I haven't added anything else to it, since I started working on a new project.

I haven't had the time to work on the new project a lot, but in any case I've made a little bit of progress recently.  My biggest obstacle with it is that the gameplay is potentially very short and/or repetitive, so I need to find ways to make it more interesting.

If it's v1.2, it's the latest version.  I haven't added anything else to it, since I started working on a new project.

I haven't had the time to work on the new project a lot, but in any case I've made a little bit of progress recently.  My biggest obstacle with it is that the gameplay is potentially very short and/or repetitive, so I need to find ways to make it more interesting.

I think it is. That's fine, the game is nice just the way it is then. To be honest, the main reason I just joined this site was just so I could tell you how great I think the game is.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, would you consider the game to be spoiler-free for someone who's only seen season 1 of MLP?

Some people have drawn connections between the miasma in the game and King Sombra, but that really wasn't the intention.  Personally, I think it is spoiler-free, but I wanted to make sure I'm not forgetting anything.

• 7 months later...

Hey, @Time Shield

We have a new dev/pony game subforum! Letting you know we're relocating pony game fanart topics from Other Fanworks to here: the general Pony Games, Apps, and Dev Projects section.

(edited)

Holy bucking hobnobs this game is a masterpiece.  You'd think a horror game based on My Little Pony would fall flat on it's face but I was legitimately scared throughout almost the whole thing.  Well done Time Shield.  You outdid yourself.

Edited by Soaring Symphony

(edited)

I played it like a year ago or so. I was amazed by the sound quality. The voice acting was perfect. Even sounds oh hooves! And was decently scary. I recommend!

Edited by Missklang