Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You have taken over Equestria..

iDashingRainbow

EVERYTHING IS MACHINES!!!!!!

[insert robot/cyborg ponies here]

Friendship would no longer be magic. It would be sufficiently advanced technology integrated seamlessly into our daily lives.  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm this is actually an interesting idea. Major villains like Sombra or Nightmare Moon are not the same types of characters that RPers like myself usually cast ourselves as. It's not unheard of to play anti-heroes or even outright villains, but even then, the story follows the character "on the ground" accomplishing his or her goals in a manner similar to Spike and the Mane Six do.

It's completely different to take on the various roles and forms of the arch villain, the diabolical mastermind, the relentless conquerer, and everything in between.

For myself? Hmmmm . . . well I suppose in such a scenario I'm essentially playing a corrupted version of my own ponysona.

My first instinct would be to affect a kind of pirate motif to contrast my typical heroic swashbuckler, but that's not quite up to scale with world domination.

So instead, I would become- Commander Tempest! I would build an army of pegasi modeled after the Hellenistic pegasus tribe of old. I would create a mobile citadel in the sky, christened as "New Pegasopolis" which would act as my base of operations, transportation, and personal Death Star. (High walls, lightning cannons, tornado moat, the works.) The first stage of my plan would be to block out the sun and moon entirely, covering all of Equestria in the overcast. Second would be to conquer or raze Cloudsdale and Las Pegasus. My first victory would bolster the morale of my ponies and it would reduce the chances of anypony warning the surface of my presence. Even if somepony did manage to slip through, it would be too late, I would already control the sky before most of Equestria even knew I was there.

Next, Celestia and Luna, obviously the biggest physical threat. They would come to challenge me directly only to find a procession awaiting them. Into my command chambers with my order of knights they would stride and demand I relinquish my campaign against Equestria. Then I would dramatically reveal my secret weapon. The Gauntlet of Mars! A binding enchanted item. The one who "throws down the gauntlet" so to speak may issue a challenge and the competitors are magically bound to the rules and consequences of the challenge. I, Commander Tempest, would then challenge both Princesses to single combat, no magic, no weapons. Purely skill against skill, the loser surrendering into the other's charge.

I would win. Just to establish myself as a threat and show what a badass I am. So Celestia and Luna would be my prisoners and Canterlot, and by extension all of Equestria, would be mine for the conquering.

As for what I'd actually do once I had won . . . .

"Soon, a new order will arise, my knights. Equestria is just the beginning. The ponies will be trained properly in the arts of war. You are the pinnacle of my vision for the pegasi, soon you will partake and bear witness to my designs for the others. Imagine, earth pony strength, fortitude, and ingenuity put to the task of driving the machine of war from infantry to industry. Unicorn magic used for unimaginable tactics and enchanted weapons. At last, Commander Hurricane's vision will be realized, a society bound by honor, discipline, and commitment. I will lead the way, bringing the ways of our glory to the world, my sword shall be EQUESTRIA ITSELF!"

-A meritocratic stratocracy would be enacted. Equestria would be run by a series of ranks based on ability, each rank being a military title such as knight, praetorian, thane, etc.

-Celestia and Luna would still perform their duties of raising the sun and moon and they would not be harmed in any way. They just would not be permitted to leave as bound by the gauntlet.

-The Cloudiseum in Cloudsdale would be lowered to the ground and become available to all as a glory proving arena. Winning tourneys could mean advancement in rank.

-Cultural emphasis would become less on universal co-existence as much as professional level teamwork and personal integrity; honor being above all else.

Then . . . . the Mane Six would defeat me. It is inevitable. What would likely happen is that Rainbow would wrestle control of the Gauntlet long enough to issue her own challenge, a race around New Pegasopolis. Hey, if I'm going to be beat, getting blasted by a Sonic Rainboom is a pretty awesome way to loose.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

Hmmm this is actually an interesting idea. Major villains like Sombra or Nightmare Moon are not the same types of characters that RPers like myself usually cast ourselves as. It's not unheard of to play anti-heroes or even outright villains, but even then, the story follows the character "on the ground" accomplishing his or her goals in a manner similar to Spike and the Mane Six do.

It's completely different to take on the various roles and forms of the arch villain, the diabolical mastermind, the relentless conquerer, and everything in between.

For myself? Hmmmm . . . well I suppose in such a scenario I'm essentially playing a corrupted version of my own ponysona.

My first instinct would be to affect a kind of pirate motif to contrast my typical heroic swashbuckler, but that's not quite up to scale with world domination.

So instead, I would become- Commander Tempest! I would build an army of pegasi modeled after the Hellenistic pegasus tribe of old. I would create a mobile citadel in the sky, christened as "New Pegasopolis" which would act as my base of operations, transportation, and personal Death Star. (High walls, lightning cannons, tornado moat, the works.) The first stage of my plan would be to block out the sun and moon entirely, covering all of Equestria in the overcast. Second would be to conquer or raze Cloudsdale and Las Pegasus. My first victory would bolster the morale of my ponies and it would reduce the chances of anypony warning the surface of my presence. Even if somepony did manage to slip through, it would be too late, I would already control the sky before most of Equestria even knew I was there.

Next, Celestia and Luna, obviously the biggest physical threat. They would come to challenge me directly only to find a procession awaiting them. Into my command chambers with my order of knights they would stride and demand I relinquish my campaign against Equestria. Then I would dramatically reveal my secret weapon. The Gauntlet of Mars! A binding enchanted item. The one who "throws down the gauntlet" so to speak may issue a challenge and the competitors are magically bound to the rules and consequences of the challenge. I, Commander Tempest, would then challenge both Princesses to single combat, no magic, no weapons. Purely skill against skill, the loser surrendering into the other's charge.

I would win. Just to establish myself as a threat and show what a badass I am. So Celestia and Luna would be my prisoners and Canterlot, and by extension all of Equestria, would be mine for the conquering.

As for what I'd actually do once I had won . . . .

"Soon, a new order will arise, my knights. Equestria is just the beginning. The ponies will be trained properly in the arts of war. You are the pinnacle of my vision for the pegasi, soon you will partake and bear witness to my designs for the others. Imagine, earth pony strength, fortitude, and ingenuity put to the task of driving the machine of war from infantry to industry. Unicorn magic used for unimaginable tactics and enchanted weapons. At last, Commander Hurricane's vision will be realized, a society bound by honor, discipline, and commitment. I will lead the way, bringing the ways of our glory to the world, my sword shall be EQUESTRIA ITSELF!"

-A meritocratic stratocracy would be enacted. Equestria would be run by a series of ranks based on ability, each rank being a military title such as knight, praetorian, thane, etc.

-Celestia and Luna would still perform their duties of raising the sun and moon and they would not be harmed in any way. They just would not be permitted to leave as bound by the gauntlet.

-The Cloudiseum in Cloudsdale would be lowered to the ground and become available to all as a glory proving arena. Winning tourneys could mean advancement in rank.

-Cultural emphasis would become less on universal co-existence as much as professional level teamwork and personal integrity; honor being above all else.

Then . . . . the Mane Six would defeat me. It is inevitable. What would likely happen is that Rainbow would wrestle control of the Gauntlet long enough to issue her own challenge, a race around New Pegasopolis. Hey, if I'm going to be beat, getting blasted by a Sonic Rainboom is a pretty awesome way to loose.

And thus we see the wisdom of my plan. There is no points in defeat, a inevitable result of public rule. If you are public, you face the repercussions of the people. Namely, repercussions that would arise from, shall we say, euthanizing those who oppose you. The only way you want to be anything but the shadowy, mysterious face with the officer's cap on the video is in two ways:

1) You're about to torture/maim/shoot one of your enemies. This, if you allow one prisoner every ten years to "escape" after appropriate amounts of psychological trauma, will add to your mythos and make the resistance's appeal lessen.

2) You aren't seen, but the weapons of mass destruction you used on Ponyville because Applejack dared to mess with state property certainly are. I mean, I'm not sure how you'll disguise a massive tungsten rod enduring reentry and then smacking down on a large town... (State property being her farm, recently appropriated.)

EDIT: Nor do I see why Luna and Celestia would simply not destroy your floating fortress. With their power, they could easily crush it, throw it into space, teleport it into the center of the earth, or other fun things.

Edited by Orion Caelum
  • Brohoof 1

And thus we see the wisdom of my plan. There is no points in defeat, a inevitable result of public rule. If you are public, you face the repercussions of the people. Namely, repercussions that would arise from, shall we say, euthanizing those who oppose you. The only way you want to be anything but the shadowy, mysterious face with the officer's cap on the video is in two ways:

1) You're about to torture/maim/shoot one of your enemies. This, if you allow one prisoner every ten years to "escape" after appropriate amounts of psychological trauma, will add to your mythos and make the resistance's appeal lessen.

2) You aren't seen, but the weapons of mass destruction you used on Ponyville because Applejack dared to mess with state property certainly are. I mean, I'm not sure how you'll disguise a massive tungsten rod enduring reentry and then smacking down on a large town... (State property being her farm, recently appropriated.)

EDIT: Nor do I see why Luna and Celestia would simply not destroy your floating fortress. With their power, they could easily crush it, throw it into space, teleport it into the center of the earth, or other fun things.

The scenario is calling for "if you were a villain who has taken over Equestria." Essentially it's asking us if everything went off without a hitch, what does your "ideal dystopia" look like? It's not supposed to reflect realistic politics.

I was asked for that, and I think I gave a more than adequate response thank you very much.

Edited by Steel Accord

I think we all saw this coming.

post-28184-0-38882200-1428720835_thumb.png

On a more serious note, there's a lot of things I could potentially do. In that vein, I guess i'd be more of an enlightened advisor; still technically be in charge, but i'd leave most things to Celestia and Luna, because they know better. Still, there's a few things I need to do:

I'd like to burrow through Luna and Celestia's private records and the restricted section of Canterlot's library, mostly so that I can get proper knowledge on my enemies (no more eldritch abominations showing up every millenia if I can help it).

On a less positive note, i'd change the law so that any major infraction against Equestria is grounds for execution. Not only because I don't want monsters coming back every thousand years to wreck havoc on Equestria, but because it's far kinder and less barbaric than Celestia's punishments.

I'd cut back on all the lavish holidays, and throw it towards a defense budget for non-Canterlot/Crystal empire related cities. It always irked me that outside those two places, there's always no guards and untrained citizens; one big ego'd unicorn should not be able to stroll in and take over a whole town.

I'd like to deconstruct Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns and make it more accessible to other ponies. There's no reason anypony should be held back on education, though I admit I don't have a clue as to where i'd go with this. This is why i'd be an advisor

I'd look into the Changeling history to see if they biologically need love to survive, or if they were just trying to conquer Equestria. If it's the former, i'd try to work out a happy medium between them and the ponies. If it's the latter, i'd leave them in the dust and move on.

I'd relocate everything in Twilight's new castle to The Castle of the Two Sisters. Then, i'd melt the blasted thing to the ground, or give it to Blueblood, because he deserves it.

Then, i'd make Trixie and myself alicorns, and we'd get married in a completely not-at-all lavish ceremony in Canterlot's Castle, where we'd spend the rest of our lives arguing over why anyone would like peanut butter crackers. Because seriously, they're not even real peanut butter...

post-28184-0-29134600-1428724257_thumb.png

I think we all saw this coming.

attachicon.gif389353__safe_solo_alicorn_diamond+tiara_race+swap_this+will+end+in+tears_xk-dash-class+end-dash-of-dash-the-dash-world+scenari.png

On a more serious note, there's a lot of things I could potentially do. In that vein, I guess i'd be more of an enlightened advisor; still technically be in charge, but i'd leave most things to Celestia and Luna, because they know better. Still, there's a few things I need to do:

I'd like to burrow through Luna and Celestia's private records and the restricted section of Canterlot's library, mostly so that I can get proper knowledge on my enemies (no more eldritch abominations showing up every millenia if I can help it).

On a less positive note, i'd change the law so that any major infraction against Equestria is grounds for execution. Not only because I don't want monsters coming back every thousand years to wreck havoc on Equestria, but because it's far kinder and less barbaric than Celestia's punishments.

I'd cut back on all the lavish holidays, and throw it towards a defense budget for non-Canterlot/Crystal empire related cities. It always irked me that outside those two places, there's always no guards and untrained citizens; one big ego'd unicorn should not be able to stroll in and take over a whole town.

I'd like to deconstruct Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns and make it more accessible to other ponies. There's no reason anypony should be held back on education, though I admit I don't have a clue as to where i'd go with this. This is why i'd be an advisor

I'd look into the Changeling history to see if they biologically need love to survive, or if they were just trying to conquer Equestria. If it's the former, i'd try to work out a happy medium between them and the ponies. If it's the latter, i'd leave them in the dust and move on.

I'd relocate everything in Twilight's new castle to The Castle of the Two Sisters. Then, i'd melt the blasted thing to the ground, or give it to Blueblood, because he deserves it.

Then, i'd make Trixie and myself alicorns, and we'd get married in a completely not-at-all lavish ceremony in Canterlot's Castle, where we'd spend the rest of our lives arguing over why anyone would like peanut butter crackers. Because seriously, they're not even real peanut butter...

I would call a lot of your reforms evil . . . but then again you would say the same for mine and that's kind of the point.

Man, this should be an RP! With all of us carving up Equestria and turning our slices into our own versions of Mordor! No true heroes just various evil overlords vying for power!

It kind of puts one into a weird mindset, because there's no default "good guys" to cheer for, you're forced to look at all parties present and actually listen to the evil banter and actually evaluate which one seems to be talking at least some sense.

Hmm good question.. firstly: make vinyl scratch a princess for real, Secondly: help the CMC to get their cutiemarks, Thirdly: Make diamond tiara say sorry to them and lastly: Explain to queen chrysalis to only attack ponies who are not following the equestrian rules

I would probably just change the economy. When i think of one bit i think of one dollar because in the show we have not heard of any in between money terms like change so i would just add the United States Dollar but remove the tax just so we have the ability to charge 99Cents if our hearts so desire.

I would probably just change the economy. When i think of one bit i think of one dollar because in the show we have not heard of any in between money terms like change so i would just add the United States Dollar but remove the tax just so we have the ability to charge 99Cents if our hearts so desire.

Yet the world functioned just fine on coin based currency for thousands of years before paper money was invented.

Not saying you are wrong, just seems like a small and unambitious change for ruling all of Equestria.

Yet the world functioned just fine on coin based currency for thousands of years before paper money was invented.

Not saying you are wrong, just seems like a small and unambitious change for ruling all of Equestria.

I do want to agree but coins only would be easier to forge because all you need is the right metal and a mold for the coin i just feel the paper money would add the extra security features like the face in the bill when you hold it up to the light. Plus you can carry larger amounts of currency at once. Lets say an expensive meal for four at a five star restaurant costs 120 Bits like real life $120 would you rather have 120 bits/penny sized coins with you to pay for you meal or 6 $20 bills. I just feel upgrading the economy to paper would give us better opportunities like house buying and selling. Plus let's say your family does not own a cupcake factory so you have to work at pinkies now its 20 years down the road and you want to buy a shop of your own. To buy a $100,000 dollar property or 100,000 annoying bits you would have to wheelbarrow your currency if you decide to pay in currency. Compared to just a suitcase of cash.

• Brohoof 1

I do want to agree but coins only would be easier to forge because all you need is the right metal and a mold for the coin i just feel the paper money would add the extra security features like the face in the bill when you hold it up to the light. Plus you can carry larger amounts of currency at once. Lets say an expensive meal for four at a five star restaurant costs 120 Bits like real life $120 would you rather have 120 bits/penny sized coins with you to pay for you meal or 6 $20 bills. I just feel upgrading the economy to paper would give us better opportunities like house buying and selling. Plus let's say your family does not own a cupcake factory so you have to work at pinkies now its 20 years down the road and you want to buy a shop of your own. To buy a $100,000 dollar property or 100,000 annoying bits you would have to wheelbarrow your currency if you decide to pay in currency. Compared to just a suitcase of cash.

Not saying it's a bad idea, just that the scenario kind of calls for the idea that we are some kind of super villain with a grand plan and changing the currency and keeping everything else the same seems a little low key.

I mean sure M. Bison printed Bison dollars but he also wanted to unite the under one rule "not for evil . . . but for good" plus build a mall with a food court.

Sure he was completely out of his mind, but he had plans in set. Dr. Doom, Father Comstock, Alexander the Great, I could go on.

Not saying it's a bad idea, just that the scenario kind of calls for the idea that we are some kind of super villain with a grand plan and changing the currency and keeping everything else the same seems a little low key.

I mean sure M. Bison printed Bison dollars but he also wanted to unite the under one rule "not for evil . . . but for good" plus build a mall with a food court.

Sure he was completely out of his mind, but he had plans in set. Dr. Doom, Father Comstock, Alexander the Great, I could go on.

Ok if you want evil when we swap currencies the ponys wont get to trade in their old currency for the cash equivalent so it makes everyone below poverty until they work for the new stuff. So some will starve from not being able to pay for food.... Was that evil enough? :fiery:

Ok if you want evil when we swap currencies the ponys wont get to trade in their old currency for the cash equivalent so it makes everyone below poverty until they work for the new stuff. So some will starve from not being able to pay for food.... Was that evil enough? :fiery:

Now that's just being mean.

Bit more genuinely evil than comically mustache twirling but yes. See my earlier post for why I think this thread is a fun idea.

I would call a lot of your reforms evil . . . but then again you would say the same for mine and that's kind of the point.

Man, this should be an RP! With all of us carving up Equestria and turning our slices into our own versions of Mordor! No true heroes just various evil overlords vying for power!

It kind of puts one into a weird mindset, because there's no default "good guys" to cheer for, you're forced to look at all parties present and actually listen to the evil banter and actually evaluate which one seems to be talking at least some sense.

But i was asked to be mean  :(

There's a big difference between being mean and being evil. Sure, they technically include each other, but being mean always actually seemed to be worse to me. I mean, I can understand genuine evil, like forcing ponies to compete in gladiatorial style death matches for your amusement. But now you're forcing them to wear uncomfortable woolen shirts with your name and face plastered all over it?

bfc.gif

Well first I would let Discord :umad: cause total chaos then I would trap him become I feared force then expand across the hole world until I ruled over a vast empire and anypony who gets in my way will be made an extremely humiliating example of swiftly followed by them being publicly destroyed with extreme prejudice. So that I now rule the world with an iron hoof and everypony else will be to scared to fight back.

Muhahahahahahahahahahaha  :sneer: :sneer: :sneer: :sneer: :sneer: :sneer: :sneer:    

There's a big difference between being mean and being evil. Sure, they technically include each other, but being mean always actually seemed to be worse to me. I mean, I can understand genuine evil, like forcing ponies to compete in gladiatorial style death matches for your amusement. But now you're forcing them to wear uncomfortable woolen shirts with your name and face plastered all over it?

img-3657780-1-bfc.gif

Being mean for the sake of being mean is sort of senseless. Sombra had a few good ideas going in the "evil ruler" category, most of which the average evil ruler will do. However, we have ponies such as Nightmare Moon, and they were simply mean. Eternal night, banish the sister, make up a string of tests for the Elements simply to injure and stall them...it's mean, not evil. Evil would be killing your sister, razing Ponyville to the ground, and enslaving the Mane 6. Evil is long-term rule. Meanness won't get you anywhere in the long run; it's truly simpler to destroy your enemies than to be a Discord to them.

It kind of puts one into a weird mindset, because there's no default "good guys" to cheer for, you're forced to look at all parties present and actually listen to the evil banter and actually evaluate which one seems to be talking at least some sense.

So in this case, we'd have genuinely evil people such as me, you, and a few others I cannot recall at the moment, kind of evil people such as Adamas, and the people who would keep the Princesses alive and in control (and will therefore be crushed).

On a more relevant note, someone should really make this RP.

• Brohoof 1

Obviously, Pinkie would be put in the highest position of authority. Then, a massive pink pyramid with a blue eye on top of it would be built, as we must all bow to the 'All Seeing Pie' because she sees everything, and makes us all smile. Then everyone will be joyful, whether they like or not, willingly or not.  :maud:

-- Oh, and free giant cupcakes for everyone, ofcourse.  :maud:

tumblr_m495zo9yoU1qc5ffho1_500.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Being mean for the sake of being mean is sort of senseless. Sombra had a few good ideas going in the "evil ruler" category, most of which the average evil ruler will do. However, we have ponies such as Nightmare Moon, and they were simply mean. Eternal night, banish the sister, make up a string of tests for the Elements simply to injure and stall them...it's mean, not evil. Evil would be killing your sister, razing Ponyville to the ground, and enslaving the Mane 6. Evil is long-term rule. Meanness won't get you anywhere in the long run; it's truly simpler to destroy your enemies than to be a Discord to them.

All of the above is exactly why being mean is worse. It's ridiculously petty- and you know it's ridiculously petty- and you're going to do it anyway, regardless of the stakes. I mean, who's more evil: the person that burns down an entire forest to build a superbase, or the person that burns down an entire forest because they "needed the view"?

• Brohoof 1

On a more relevant note, someone should really make this RP.

I don't really see how it could ever work (logically). There are a lot of differences in what users have been saying here (throwing in both cannon and non cannon things, logical and illogical stuff. Medieval & Magic and then something that seems High Tech or futuristic. The RP would probably be a mess). 

I don't really see how it could ever work (logically). There are a lot of differences in what users have been saying here (throwing in both cannon and non cannon things, logical and illogical stuff. Medieval & Magic and then something that seems High Tech or futuristic. The RP would probably be a mess).

SOME ground rules would need to be established for sure, but running an RP with multiple player factions who are one form of despot or another would not be completely out of reason.

All of the above is exactly why being mean is worse. It's ridiculously petty- and you know it's ridiculously petty- and you're going to do it anyway, regardless of the stakes. I mean, who's more evil: the person that burns down an entire forest to build a superbase, or the person that burns down an entire forest because they "needed the view"?

Evil is a gateway to mean. That superbase is infinitely more useful for the purpose of meanness, because the super base can be used to destroy so much more than a forest. You may destroy some forests, or you may destroy one forest, make a massive base, and then use the power advantage given you by that base to do mean things. Sometimes, evil and meanness can overlap, such as in the case of slavery. You could enslave Ponyville's citizenry to help you burn down the forest to make your superbase which you can then use to do more mean things than would be possible with just burning the forest. Evil is a sliding scale; the more evil you commit, the more capacity you have to be mean without being deposed.