Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do the writers of the show sometimes do things just to spite Lauren Faust?

Plonkett

Honestly, I doubt the writers have anything against Lauren. They even paid tribute to her in "Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3" by naming the founder of the Wonderbolts after her username "fyre-flye", making it an indirect reference to G1 Firefly.

Use your hands.

Firefly was Faust's best G1 pony, right?

Well, yeah, I think my hands work best...... unless I do it from behind  B)

They might do some things that Lauren Faust herself would not have done with the show but it is not like they have a grudge or something against her so what exactly would they gain from annoying her by messing up her show?

• 6 years later...

Absolutely not! There's no way that any writer in any cartoon would ever do things to spite the creator. That is full-on conspiracy theory nonsense.

As much as I hate Season 6-9 of MLP and the direction they were taking, but I'm not going to quickly pin the blame on the writers (and DHX, for that matter) for completely disregarding Faust's vision out of spite. Ultimately, they're just doing their jobs at the end of the day.

The people that we should blame on was Hasbro, the producers, and the executives. Those are the ones who has the most creative control. Those are the ones who have the final say if the show's writing quality is good or not. That's why FiM's writing was written that way in general.

• Brohoof 1

Short answer: no.
Long answer: nooooooooooooooooooo.

Spite isn't a very good or very likely motivator in the animation industry, at least not to such a scale that it's, what, nearly every employee on a production spitting in the eye of one former employee? Maybe some people who Faust worked with did take sadistic glee in seeing her "vision" (whatever the hell that even was - we really can't know all she had planned) being turned into something else. Maybe even some hire ups got a kick outta making Twilight an alicorn because the red haired chick who used to lead the production didn't plan on it. It's all a possibility, but it's a very remote one.

Petty intrapersonal drama, real or imagined, doesn't motivate how multi-million dollar toy franchise cartoon tie-ins are run. Dollar signs do. It's literally "nothing personal, just business."

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, HeebieJeebies said:

Maybe even some hire ups got a kick outta making Twilight an alicorn because the red haired chick who used to lead the production didn't plan on it.

Well, she originally wanted to have Twilight to be Celestia's successor but not as an alicorn. It was Hasbro's decision to make Twilight into an alicorn.

5 hours ago, HeebieJeebies said:

Petty intrapersonal drama, real or imagined, doesn't motivate how multi-million dollar toy franchise cartoon tie-ins are run. Dollar signs do. It's literally "nothing personal, just business."

True. Hasbro only cares about is your money and your wallet. It's their property and they can do whatever the hell they want, but that doesn't mean I had to bend over backwards and agree with every single decision they made.>_> Let's not forget that this is the same company taking down brony fan projects over the years, ala Nintendo style.

Edited by JMTV99

2 hours ago, JMTV99 said:

that doesn't mean I had to bend over backwards and agree with every single decision they made.>_> Let's not forget that this is the same company taking down brony fan projects over the years, ala Nintendo style.

Course not. Companies do things to screw over their fanbases all the time and, as much as they're within their legal right to do so, it's always a bad look. You ain't gonna see me defending Hasbro's hand wringing C&Ds anytime soon. I just don't think anyone over there made creative decisions for the sake of spiting one person who doesn't even work on their franchise anymore.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, HeebieJeebies said:

Course not. Companies do things to screw over their fanbases all the time and, as much as they're within their legal right to do so, it's always a bad look. You ain't gonna see me defending Hasbro's hand wringing C&Ds anytime soon.

Yeah, me neither.

6 minutes ago, HeebieJeebies said:

I just don't think anyone over there made creative decisions for the sake of spiting one person who doesn't even work on their franchise anymore.

True and I agree.

Nonsense. I believe in Hasbro and Faust having disagreements, yeah, happens all the time with companies and creators. However, the incentive for the writers Hasbro hired to work on the show to spite her long after she had left the company...what is there? :mustache:

On 2021-09-19 at 8:22 AM, JMTV99 said:

The people that we should blame on was Hasbro, the producers, and the executives.

It's like I always say: don't blame the entire Walt Disney company for the controversial things they do; blame the individual people who are making the controversial choices. Same goes for Nintendo or any business

1 minute ago, Will Guide said:

It's like I always say: don't blame the entire Walt Disney company for the controversial things they do; blame the individual people who are making the controversial choices

Good idea.