• no
  2. 2. what kind of game

• RPG
    • fighting game
    • adventure game
    • simulation game
    • strategy
    • other

I'm not familiar with all of their property, but they seem to be one of the prime examples of beating a dead hor--I mean reusing the same rough idea ad nauseam?

Personally I like the indie take on things, as almost any professionally-made MLP game would very likely be geared towards the young audience it was originally meant for.  :) Meanwhile fan-made projects can go pretty far and focus on the older fans of the show, and also get into some more creative tangents, as they don't need to remake their startup costs by reaching as wide an audience as possible, as a large-budget game likely would. Buuut, that can also be more limiting, sadly.

I had a lot of hopes for Fighting is Magic before it got the axe relatedly, and Legends of Equestria is shaping up pretty nicely.

Edited by SFyr
  • Brohoof 3

I think Nintendo would be good choice for making a pony game. In terms of gameplay, adventure is a great choice, but I'd rather have RPG as it allows more world building

• Brohoof 1

Well, Nintendo has been hitting it out of the ballpark recently with their games, so I think it would be interesting to see what they could come up with. Personally I'd love to see a platformer in the style of the recent Rayman games; VERY colorful and stylistic with fun, lighthearted gameplay and story.

A perfect fit for MLP. :)

• Brohoof 1

A million years ago (roughly), WayForward (an exceptional indie developer that's known for great-looking 2D animation) expressed an interest in developing an MLP:FIM game and essentially called upon the community to make it happen...

Didn't happen.  I hope it still might / does / can; I believe WayForward would be a great fit.

But an MLP:FIM game on a Nintendo console makes all the sense in the world.  Go into the Art Academy community for Wii U: Ponies everywhere.  I occasionally draw ponies on there, too. xD  I remember someone in the NES Remix 2 community making Rainbow Dash posts left and right.

• Brohoof 2

It will never happen but if it did it would be the greatest thing ever. Personally I'd hope for a platformer

• Brohoof 2

Above every other game company that there ever was...

Why Nintendo?

We wouldn't even be able to share the game or gameplays :s

This should fulfill your vidya-poneh needs for now: http://www.legendsofequestria.com

Edited by Shadow Beam
  • Brohoof 1