Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gen 1

Lucky Headcannons

Honestly I saw this thinking of tire my third favorite villain tirek. I saw he was on rescue on midnight castle. Then I watched the others and I started to kind of like it unlike gen 2 and 3. Tell me your opinions on gen 1.

I've been thinking in trying it out, but sadly, I can't make opinions of G1 shows at the moment 

• Brohoof 1

I love gen 1. It has the best villains, it's not extremely girly, the episodes are great, even the movies where great. People claim that it's super girly and long commercials, but I don't see that. The episodes have plots, lessons, conflicts, all that stuff. 

Edited by RarityFan01
  • Brohoof 3

I have a confession to make... I have never seen any other generation of MLP  :o

Avoid generation 3.5 at all costs. 1 is most similar to FiM, 1.5 is for teenage girls, and g3 is for only little girls.

• Brohoof 1

I know I've said this in other G1 threads But G1/1.5 wasn't too bad but only if you really understand the times, remember it was the 80 and things were different

G2/3/3.5 isn't worth the effort to worry about

G1 is pretty good for the most part(especially Rescue From Midnight Castle), sure it has its flaws, but it has some fairly memorable characters like Firefly and seems very much like a proto-Friendship Is Magic, yet with its own unique charm. Also, I think the G1 pony designs are up there with the FiM designs, though I admittedly do like the G1 designs slightly better do to having a bit more realism(as realistic as multicolored horses with tattoos on their bums can be).

As for G2, G3 and G 3.5, don't bother with them.

Edited by HopeTheWanderer
  • Brohoof 1

I watched a few minutes of the pilot of G1, just out of curiosity, and for comparison's sake.  It doesn't seem too bad.  Y'know, for it's time.  It's like playing an Atari 2600 game after Skyrim.

Interesting thing: did anyone else take particular notice of the scene in first couple of minutes of the pilot when Applejack licks Rarity?  Just picture that happening in FIM.  Just...wow.  Like....dude....  Funny how the increased personification would change that so dramatically.  Could you imagine that?!

Overall I like G1/My Little Pony 'n' Friends. Some people who haven't watch it usually claim that it's as girly as G3, which I would have to disagree. It has some rather dark villains, it's the most adventure-orientated generation and it is a show that's is made for everybody. It's almost like G4.

The only missing is that aside from the humans and the villains, many characters lack personality. While it's understandable as the MLP franchise has always had a massive cast, I honestly didn't felt too invested with the ponies. Plus the animation looks very choppy.

But in my opinion, it's the only generation outside of G4 that is worth watching. I would not recommend Tales, G3 or G3.5.

• Brohoof 3

Overall I like G1/My Little Pony 'n' Friends. Some people who haven't watch it usually claim that it's as girly as G3, which I would have to disagree. It has some rather dark villains, it's the most adventure-orientated generation and it is a show that's is made for everybody. It's almost like G4.

The only missing is that aside from the humans and the villains, many characters lack personality. While it's understandable as the MLP franchise has always had a massive cast, I honestly didn't felt too invested with the ponies. Plus the animation looks very choppy.

But in my opinion, it's the only generation outside of G4 that is worth watching. I would not recommend Tales, G3 or G3.5.

And considering that it was all done in oldschool hand drawn,

I miss the 80s where things could be done before the self-righteous political correct goody goodies ruined things

• Brohoof 2

It is alright. Even if the animation isn't top-notch, the episodes are quite enjoyable, and have a dark feeling too. Plus, the first generation offered us some of the bestest antagonists belonging to 80's cartoons, and it's great to see the current series is revamping them.

• Brohoof 1

it's ok. it is pretty dark and dugeons and dragons like. i actually like my little pony tales from the 90's better but i like the First part of G1 also

That is one of the biggest reasons I like it because of the similarity to dungeons and dragons. If you want to know I am a big fan of D&D :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...