Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you rather be a pony or a dragon?

Grumpy Enchantress

(edited)

Being a pony would have its advantages but I think I am going to take dragon. There is no creature that can stand against a dragon in the MLP universe at least not without alternate means. The mane 6 are very very lucky they didn't get barbecued in the episode Dragonshy.

I want magic *-*

So I'd want to be a pony => a unicorn.

While we haven't seen dragons use magic in show yet there have been quite a few dragons in mythology that have been depicted as being able to use magic. Dragons, are worshipped as gods in some cultures and with how powerful dragons are it is understandable why that is the case.

As much as dragons are awesome creatures, I would be a pony simply because dragons are lazy, greedy creatures that don't really do anything.

The dragons we have seen so far fit that category though considering that Spike is not like that I think it reasonable to think that there are other dragons in the series that are also not like that.

Edited by Black Adam

The dragons we have seen so far fit that category though considering that Spike is not like that I think it reasonable to think that there are other dragons in the series that are also not like that.

Spike is different from all the other dragons anyway; he was forcibly hatched from his egg by very strong magic and he is the only dragon we have seen that doesn't have wings; though I don't know about the comics since I don't have the money for them. Everyone should also take note that there was an episode about Spike being greedy and growing large because of it; whether that is normal for dragons in the show, I cannot say, but it is proof that they all have it.

Gosh that's tough to pick because I love dragons and would love to be a dragon, wish I could pick both. I guess I'd say a pony and probably either a pegasus or unicorn pony.

Eh, the dragons in Equestria have been less than interesting thus far; excluding the ones in Friends Forever #14. As such I would prefer to be a pony as their overall society has shown to be much more interesting to me.

Probably a dragon-people are less likely to be jerks to you if you're a huge, fire-breathing dragon-especially since the fully grown ones also seem to mostly be alone in caves.

I also don't believe that all dragons are jerks (look at Spike).

Although, the hordes of treasure aspect has always eluded me, since they don't need to spend it on anything-so what's the point of having it?

While we haven't seen dragons use magic in show yet

What about the fire breath that lets Spike send letters? 

Spike is different from all the other dragons anyway; he was forcibly hatched from his egg by very strong magic and he is the only dragon we have seen that doesn't have wings; though I don't know about the comics since I don't have the money for them. Everyone should also take note that there was an episode about Spike being greedy and growing large because of it; whether that is normal for dragons in the show, I cannot say, but it is proof that they all have it.

I'm not sure how the canonical the community considers the comics to be, but I can tell you Spike doesn't show up so often (and of course, his history isn't explored enough anyway)

I think dragons truly get the short end of the stick in most cases. Particularly so if you grow up other dragons who fall into (or close to) the racial stereotype.

Source: I'm a black guy.

(edited)

Dragons in MLP tend to be pretty poor examples of dragons. 

Alicorn if possible.  Magic Talent Unicorn if possible.  If neither of those then Griffon then Pegasus then Unicorn.  Between Earth Pony and Dragon, I would probably take my chances with Dragon.

(I consider flight better than telekinesis + maybe 1 spell associated with your talent -- IE typical unicorns...  If I have enough magical power to actually learn spells like teleport etc with enough study, then unicorn is better) 

(I used to go pegasus > griffon, but now that we see that griffons are in equestria, and are accepted as equestrian citizens (from the equestria games stuff), you can essentially be a pegasus and have prehensile claws to go along with it instead of hooves.

Edited by silvadel

I would be a pony.  Think about how big the adult dragons are in Equestria!  You couldn't interact with anyone on a normal level.  Plus, you would have to fly hundreds to thousands of miles away just to sleep without harming plant and animal life in close proximity to you.  Not to mention, if dragons nap for hundreds of years, think of how long they might sleep normally!  Every time you went to sleep, you would essentially be saying goodbye to all of your pony friends you had made forever, assuming you were able to attempt making friends with ponies without scaring the lights out of everypony you tried to approach.  Also, the life of an adult dragon is, from what we have seen so far, not much more than greedily hoarding and guarding treasure in a life of seclusion and loneliness, being feared and hated by the entirety of all beings in Equestria.  It doesn't sound too pleasurable to me personally, but that's just me.  Of course Spike would be the exception to most of this, but as we have seen, even he is not immune to his Dragon instincts. ^_^

Pony of course! If alicorns weren't so OP and weren't power-based characters, I'd definitely be one. Or a earth pony, because they're strong and amazing! :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

A golden dragon which can turn himself into whatever he likes, since as one I would do my best to help creatures out, disguising myself if necessary.

I would spend my days flying across and beyond equestria, to discover and learn from many new cultures and lands in harmony's behalf, since I would like everybody to feel the same.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

(edited)

Being a dragon sounds tempting, but I would probably behave like Deathwing, trying to destroy everything, which would result in me being stopped. So probably pony for me :).

Edited by JonasDarkmane

I would probably be a pony, althou dragons are awesome too

I just feel that ponies are more common, I would feel alone if I was a dragon in Equestria

• Brohoof 1

I can't dragons, minus spike, don't have enough appearance for me to see their personality and features... But if the dragons are like Kilgarrah in The Adventures of Merlin, I would love to be one. But if not, a pegasus is fine to me...

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Dragon. Definitely dragon.Yup, yup, definitely dragon.

I adore dragons. I worship dragons!

I don't care what lot I get handed, some mutant or uber-powerful dragon or a lil' assistant shmuck like spikey-wikey.

Dragons are the bestest thing ever, I may have my doubts about living up to the majestic reputation they have, but I cannot, for the life of me except that there would be any negative that isn't outweighed by the part that involves calling myself a dragon!

Then again, I do always say its the worst idea to give me any dint of magical prowess, because I know myself well enough that I will go powermad! Though then again, that is very much a dragon idea to do as such.

Hmm, though are dragonponies an option on the table too? Best of both worlds, dragon awesomeness + pony adorability!

And I am just this close to weak-wristedly slapping at any of you who would dare so much as insinuate that there would be any sort of downside or alternative to being a dragon!

• Brohoof 1

Dragon.

Aside from MLP, dragons never fail to be lovable and interesting.  They're honestly very nice to look at and there's a lot to love about them.  And depending on what kind of dragon you are, you could get many different types of powers.  Being a dragon sounds fun!

Edited by greenflare