Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Much Is Cosplay Usually?

orphaned account

How much does somepony normally spend on cosplay costumes?

Is it like $300? $500?

(Stories about personal experience is much appreciated! Cuz I love reading!)

And is it okay to not seem the same weight as the character you're cosplaying? Cause I've heard people judge people who are overweight and they say they 'ruin the character or the costume', my mother being one of those people…

depends on complexity of the cosplay, the quality of the costume, and if you make any of it yourself.

Like I have a mask I made from an anime that accumilated cost me $40 for possibly an 80-100 quality mask. But the shihakusho that would go with it if I wanted a quality one was $200. Not to mention the sword but that could range if I made it or bought it.

I've seen assassin creed cosplay costumes range from $200 (being mainly cloth and single layer clothing) to over $1000 (being padded cloth, leather, actual metal supports. Every detail in place)

it really does depend on who you're cosplaying as. it could run as simple Asa little more than $100 for say, a First Blood John Rambo costume (this is full wardrobe), or it could be over $500 if you're going for something either difficult or really screen accurate.

characters like that are rather basic especially gaz since she just wears regular clothes 

MLP characters you just have to decide how far you go with it. Some people just do shirts, or entire one piece PJs the color of the pony. some paint their skin

It all depends on how elaborate you want your cosplay to be. For example, my favorite pony is Rainbow Dash. Now, I could either go for something like this...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/120891771/rainbow-dash-pony-vest-costume-hoodie?ref=shop_home_active_10

All the way to something like this..

https://www.etsy.com/listing/220522678/rainbow-dash-adult-mascot-costume?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_clothing-costume-mature-mid&utm_custom1=4a0106cc-2ac9-3aa8-2224-00007235471b&kpid=220522678&gclid=Cj0KEQjw4LaqBRD60pfSn43ZwLQBEiQAJv5FLATYGd6qX5lgKMEdJDOuk3Lr0sRbDG397A2ZWaO5C5AaAnV08P8HAQ

SO, it sort of depends on what you are willing to spend, whether it's close to 100 dollars or 300 dollars, etc.etc.etc. There is no clear number of dollars a Cosplay can be. It's basically just about how much YOU'RE willing to spend, and how elaborate you want it to be.