web Any Youtubers Legitimately Piss you off?

Moved to Elsewhere

Onision. He's such a fucking twat. He spreads misinformation and harsh judgments toward his young, impressionable fanbase. Most of the people I've seen in this topic are just "This person annoys me" or "This person doesn't make their content right." For those, I just don't watch. Why would I bother with something that annoys me? It's better to simply not pay them any mind. So anyone I don't like, I stop watching and they're quickly forgotten about. Onision, on the other hand, offends me.

Despite the fact I will never watch another video of his, eff knows he doesn't need any more attention, the fact that he's even doing what he's doing distresses me. As such, unfortunately, I don't have the most accurate frame of reference to be able to provide examples. As far as I can remember, the point where I went "Okay, this is way too much bullshit for me," was when he said something to the effect that anorexic people or people with eating disorders just need to suck it up and get over it. That's incredibly offensive. And if he were just some nobody, yeah, it'd be equally as offensive, but who cares? Nobody knows him. The fact that he has such a large fanbase and they tend to be so young and be basically uses his channel as a platform to propagate such loathsome viewpoints is largely what bothers me. It upsets me that some young viewers are going to see that and start blaming others with eating disorders for their own problems. Or if someone with an eating disorder watches and they suddenly feel like they can no longer reach out to anyone because they should just deal with it. I'm getting depressed just thinking about it.

The only other real thing that I remember is the whole thing where he said something to the effect of, if you've had sex with 20 people you're a whore, or something like that. And I was glad that that got so much backlash from the YouTube community, and rightfully so. But at the same time, I was sorta like, "You're just now realizing that he's an asshole?"  And then there's been stuff about the girls he's been with. Not women; girls. I don't know all the details, but apparently, he likes to date really young. Which is really creepy. I can understand why, because he's so immature that he probably couldn't get together with someone his own age. Doesn't make it any less creepy. I'd heard stuff about a lot of serious mental abuse to these girls. It just makes me sad and disgusted and outraged all at the same time.

And keep in mind, this is someone who's videos I only watched for, like, two days or so and haven't seen in at least 4 years. That is how much I hate Onision. His very existence on YouTube offends me. Pisses me off just thinking about it.

• Brohoof 3

maudpie_zpsh8n7erzx.png You're the most basic of jokes.

-The Brony analysis community.
-PewDiePie
-Mrrepzion
-Onision
-The Let's Play community

• Brohoof 1

You're turning me upside down, pull me to the ground when you shake me, shake me.
I'm giving you what you need, and I'm begging, please, don't break me, break me love.

Was never a fan of them to begin with when it happend. But. I watched some final fantasy footage or listened to some OST. Suddently in the sidebar. "WHY FINAL FANTASY IS ANTI RELIGIOUS!"

They've made even worse videos than that.

DSPGaming: a shit-talking racist scumbag, who constantly bashes his fanbase, is so goddamn salty that it's nerveracking, and is just a major douchebag in denial.

Really? All I heard is that he's bad at video games, and acts like a 15 year old when he loses. How does this make him a racist?

there is a difference between not liking a game.... and completely bashing it on YouTube.... I hope you realize that

If you can't handle people bashing things you like, then maybe you shouldn't be on the internet to begin with.

Onision- I know he's now more or less a wash up now but he's recently put out a book and reminded me of him and his lunacy. back when he was an issue (still is but he is no longer as popular as he was in 2009-2012) he was forcing his views on veganism and other views and claims to be a comedian when it blows in his face.I also found that him at his mid twenties marrying a girl my age by in 2009-2010 creepy. Fuck Onision.

Here, have some Onision-bashing. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Amoral cynic with a bitchin' vocabulary.

Check out A Century of Song if you like music from before this millennium.

img-13195-1-img-13195-1-MdSgkqe.png

Sig by ~Cider Barrel~ (design), Skaren (left vector), and ~Rhodarein (right vector). Avatar by ~Scootaloo (design) and Skaren (vector).

(edited)

People have different opinions. If you dont like a person just because they dont like a game you like is, well, shallow. Its just a game. And Fable 3 was a broken game. You shouldnt have to load a new area to access your inventory. Thats just....stupid. Now, fi you were able to ignore that, good for you. But it should NEVER be done again. 

No thats a pretty good reason. Letting someone tell you they are right when they are not is a pretty good reason to think a person is awful and just does it for easy cash who about spam these types of content each day. Thats all these people do it for, scammy online con people

But this type of reviewing is objectively bad, it can work on anything in terms of turning your anger and make gold thx to an easy uncritical crowd with no sense of intellect, and for the most part misinformed and pseudo informed to say the least So if people like this type of review then they are objectively wrong to do so.

Edited by Trine

Really? All I heard is that he's bad at video games, and acts like a 15 year old when he loses. How does this make him a racist?

This video was the main reason he got kicked off of blip.tv, (it went against their TOS, for "blatant expressions of profanity, prejudice, racism, bigotry, or hatred") and why many see him as the things I stated.

No thats a pretty good reason. Letting someone tell you they are right when they are not is a pretty good reason to think a person is awful and just does it for easy cash who about spam these types of content each day. Thats all these people do it for, scammy online con people

But this type of reviewing is objectively bad, it can work on anything in terms of turning your anger and make gold thx to an easy uncritical crowd with no sense of intellect, and for the most part misinformed and pseudo informed to say the least So if people like this type of review then they are objectively wrong to do so.

No, it really isn't.  He probably had good reasons for hating the game.

Its just a bloody game anyway, who cares if he hates it and says its shit? Its entirely possible he hates fable 3 because... You know, he doesn't like it or find it fun in the slightest?  Also there is literally no 'right' in opinions on whether somethings fun xD thats stupid.

Replace fable 3 with any game you hate, would you be pissed if somebody made a rant on them? >.<

• Brohoof 2

This video was the main reason he got kicked off of blip.tv, (it went against their TOS, for "blatant expressions of profanity, prejudice, racism, bigotry, or hatred") and why many see him as the things I stated.

Eh... I think the exaggerated German accent should clue people in that it's just a bad joke. People who legitimately dislike Jews don't steal lines from Inglorious Basterds.

• Brohoof 1

Sig by ~Cider Barrel~ (design), Skaren (left vector), and ~Rhodarein (right vector). Avatar by ~Scootaloo (design) and Skaren (vector).

Eh... I think the exaggerated German accent should clue people in that it's just a bad joke. People who legitimately dislike Jews don't steal lines from Inglorious Basterds.

I myself don't really care for it, but I can see why some would do.

You know, you mentioned Angry Joe in your first post on this thread. I want to clear something up: he actually ISNT one of those "accentuate the negative" "reviewers", despite his name. And makes some VERY good points for or against a game. So what if there is some over active anger for entertainment? If you actually watched his videos you would know that he lists bad stuff about games he likes as well as some good stuff . And he is an actual reviewer, and theres just as much he will review a game he likes as a game he hates. Also, ironically for his name, he usually ISNT Angry, he is usually very calm.

Also, con people? They arent taking your money. You dont pay them. And people REALLY dont get as much from ad revenue as you think. 

• Brohoof 3

I myself don't really care for it, but I can see why some would do.

DSP's jokes were lame, but there are others that crack me up.

South Park, for example, nails it.

No, it really isn't.  He probably had good reasons for hating the game.

Its just a bloody game anyway, who cares if he hates it and says its shit? Its entirely possible he hates fable 3 because... You know, he doesn't like it or find it fun in the slightest?  Also there is literally no 'right' in opinions on whether somethings fun xD thats stupid.

Replace fable 3 with any game you hate, would you be pissed if somebody made a rant on them? >.<

Good reason... like "URGH I AM SO ANGRY (Paid for crapping on games and being cringe worthy annoying).

Sure. That says how much of a sheep people generally are, they probably dont even play or check the game out. That guy said it was bad so i guess its true. Friggin brilliant logic!

(edited)

DSP's jokes were lame, but there are others that crack me up.

South Park, for example, nails it.

South Park also understand that jokes of this nature have to be tastefully done. DPS's was just awful, like you said: he kept repeating the gag over and over again. When you're doing comedy, you need to know where the line is drawn, and know that it can be taken offensively, lol.

Edited by Guest

Good reason... like "URGH I AM SO ANGRY (Paid for crapping on games and being cringe worthy annoying).

Sure. That says how much of a sheep people generally are, they probably dont even play or check the game out. That guy said it was bad so i guess its true. Friggin brilliant logic!

Games cost money. Of course people aren't going to check a game out if they think it's going to be shit.

Would you rather we just assume that all games are good?

South Park also understand that jokes of this nature have to be tastefully done. DPS's was just awful, like you said: he kept repeating the gag over and over again. When you're doing comedy, you need to know where the line is drawn, and know that it can be taken offensively, lol.

My favorite jokes can get pretty far on the side of bad taste, but I get what you're saying. You can't just repeat a bad joke and expect it to be funny.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Games cost money. Of course people aren't going to check a game out if they think it's going to be shit.

Would you rather we just assume that all games are good?

So you trust a person's judgement over your own? Can't you decide what is good and what is not. Here's an easy way to get it to work. Watch a gameplay video, try a demo. Then if you think it looks good then try it. Problem solved. And besides why would you listen to someone like Angry Joe of all people, knowing Doug Walker being completely ignorant in general and misinformed, its all the same base dwellers in general of bad content.

Its like that Retsupurae vid, that just gave a glimpse at his highest peak, but in reality thats what all his videos are

Edited by Trine

(edited)

most probably JayZtwoCents.

this guy is just an elitist at best. i mean, i also have a gaming PC but i also own various consoles. and i just don't understand why he keeps bashing consoles all the time. 

overall it's just really immature. and the guy's like what, 40 years old? he should know better by now, right?

Edited by repsol rave

My OC's: Roarke, Repsol and Crystal  

So you trust a person's judgement over your own? Can't you decide what is good and what is not. Here's an easy way to get it to work. Watch a gameplay video, try a demo. Then if you think it looks good then try it. Problem solved. 

An informed consumer makes his decisions based on a variety of sources. Joe and his thorough summaries are one of them.

And besides why would you listen to someone like Angry Joe of all people, knowing Doug Walker being completely ignorant in general and misinformed, its all the same base dwellers in general of bad content. Its like that Retsupurae vid, that just gave a glimpse at his highest peak, but in reality thats what all his videos are

:confused:

1. Walker actually admits that his LP video was shit. His regular content has nothing to do with that.

2. Retsu conducted themselves horribly in that video. At several points, they even wish death upon Doug.

3. I don't even see how this contributes to the discussion on Angry Joe. He may work for the same parent company as Doug, but he is a separate person. This isn't even ad hominem, it's ad hominem by association. A double-fallacy.

• Brohoof 1

So you trust a person's judgement over your own? 

Well, a lot of people do. Thats kind of the basis for every game critic, reviewer or journalist ever. Seems like you just disagreed with Joes personal opinion (I haven't seen this one, but he seems decent in other ones) and took it personally >.<

I don't even watch his stuff much, but still xD

Also whats wrong with the nostalgia critic? Guys hilarious >.< (Unless he went down hill recently, which is possible. Only know him for his movie reviews)

(edited)

An informed consumer makes his decisions based on a variety of sources. Joe and his thorough summaries are one of them.

:confused:

1. Walker actually admits that his LP video was shit. His regular content has nothing to do with that.

2. Retsu conducted themselves horribly in that video. At several points, they even wish death upon Doug.

3. I don't even see how this contributes to the discussion on Angry Joe. He may work for the same parent company as Doug, but he is a separate person. This isn't even ad hominem, it's ad hominem by association. A double-fallacy.

Well spamming crap on the net as a job can kinda work like that so i dont blame them :)

I don't care if he did, from other sources he got called out for it so of course he admitted it when nobody dont glorify his shit. Thats common sense.

Informed HAHA. In terms of it being subjective crap without knowing the game, sure. Friggin gaming pseudo experts.

Well, a lot of people do. Thats kind of the basis for every game critic,

So you are just going to ignore what you think and become a sheep of a clueless internet user that tells you what to think. Thats a mentality of a sheep. And i honestly feel sorry for you. Like you might aswell agree if someone says Sonic and Zelda is crap, it doesnt matter what you think right?

Edited by Trine

I used to like pewdiepie, but now i just stare with a blank stare as he screams stuff about tits and mamas. I kinda wish he still appealed to me.

Onision is a douchebag. I remember watching a video that was talking about how he recorded his gf with serious mental issues having some sort of attack, other than getting her help.

KILL IT!

(edited)

So you are just going to ignore what you think and become a sheep of a clueless internet user that tells you what to think. Thats a mentality of a sheep. And i honestly feel sorry for you. Like you might aswell agree if someone says Sonic and Zelda is crap, it doesnt matter what you think right?

Its for before you buy a game so you don't waste 60 quid on something that you know you won't like. Generally won't just use a reviewer, but they're very helpful.

Its not the mentality of a sheep at all xD Reviewers words aren't the be all and end all. 

"Omg we need to remove all games critics , journalists and news in general because people need to figure out whether they like the games themselves. Things will be so much better then, sheeple"

No >.<

Literally every media has critics for reviewing movies, the point is that you read their previous reviews, if their opinion seems to follow your own the majority of the time you stick with them, if not you ignore them. Pretty much any user will be able to give their opinion on their games, but thats how reviewers work. That's literally the entire point of it >.<

Edited by Aleh
  • Brohoof 2

Pewdiepie.....The only reason why is because he is just not funny to me anymore and his fans are cancer.

Sammyclassicsonicfan, if you want to find out why, take out your headphones (or turn them down, he yells a lot) and watch the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef3rm9PXdCI

img-33640-1-sig-3772517.sig-3772517.sig-
~My life is a bunch of Discord~
Yes, the pun was intended
~Kivil~

(edited)

Its for before you buy a game so you don't waste 60 quid on something that you know you won't like. Generally won't just use a reviewer, but they're very helpful.

Its not the mentality of a sheep at all xD Reviewers words aren't the be all and end all. 

"Omg we need to remove all games critics , journalists and news in general because people need to figure out whether they like the games themselves. Things will be so much better then, sheeple"

No >.<

Reviewers in terms of food are helpful to not die, a mental check is helpful to see if your body functions. A review in terms of.... entertainment... no. Absolutely not. Its subjective in what you find to your liking in terms of movies and games.

http://www.kidinthefrontrow.com/2010/04/film-critics-suck.html

You can think for yourself what games are good or not. You don't need a person to do that for you. If thats the case then why play games at all? You might aswell just watch a guy play games or talk about them without caring for them yourself, without trying it or giving them a chance.

Edited by Trine

I'd say Social Justice Warrior and Femenazi channels, but I don't know of any names because I don't purposefully look stuff up that I know is gonna tick me off :P

• Brohoof 3

~Hocus Pocus

Ya weni mareh mirekyarahire
Juri yu mirekerason

Kire hyari yoriherahe nyurahera
Nunnyura unera yurawera nihmerani

Reviewers in terms of food are helpful to not die, a mental check is helpful to see if your body functions. A review in terms of.... entertainment... no. Absolutely not. Its subjective in what you find to your liking in terms of movies and games.

http://www.kidinthefrontrow.com/2010/04/film-critics-suck.html

You can think for yourself what games are good or not. You don't need a person to do that for you. If thats the case then why play games at all? You might aswell just watch a guy play games or talk about them without caring for them yourself, without trying it or giving them a chance.

*You might as well waste all your money on terrible games, or fail to discover games that you might not have heard of before due to the lack of people pointing them out.

As said, its subjective, but their useful. At this point its hardly hating a youtuber, but the act of reviewing anything >.< .

Guess you can, but its kind of dumb, reviewers can point out pretty good issues . I.e:the  game is laggy, buggy, slow paced, non in depth, has a poor AI, weak story etc.   Thats the point, they don't just say "Ok this game is shit, don't buy it". They explain their reasoning and then leave the rest up to you >.<