Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Comparing NOW to Season One

colt_following

The writers and storyboarders seem infinitely more familiar and comfortable with the characters, so the chemistry between the mane 6 is better, along with the sight gags. I do miss the small town simplicity of S1, it was very charming, but the later seasons have done well not to abandon that entirely, and stick to the core concept of the show. Had Twilight blasted Tirek into the earth and called it a day, I'd feel quite the opposite, but of course, as it should be, the mane 6 won together with their Rainbow Powers. The 4th wall breaking, and flood of culture references in the latest episode concerns me, but I think they just like to go all out for these kinds of episodes, and next week we'll be back to normal.

Intersting thought, because what came to mind for me is that the Mane 6 are coming to the end of their 'learning phase', and so this season should hopefully focus a bit on displaying them putting what they've learned about friendship into action.

I think that's what I've even waiting for, given that all the characters HAVE grown, and now I want to see more of them, I suppose.

That's what I was thinking too.  Over time the things that they have learned about friendship helped shape them to become the ponies they are now.  

Maybe that's why they stopped writing letters to Princess Celestia in Season 3 (I think it was 3?), because they learned all they could about friendship, and now they're just applying it in their lives.

I think the biggest change has been to the world in general.  In season 1, and to a lesser extent season 2, not as much emphasize was place on the world of Equestria instead focusing more on our characters.  The later season have expanded the lore of Equestria a lot but conversely, by expanding it, have made added holes into the logic of the world. 

• Brohoof 1

It has changed a lot, the animation is better, there are new characters, Twilight is an alicorn. There are more "dark" episodes, more references...

But overall, to me, it's as good as the first season... Not better, nor worse.