Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Five years in, and missed episode opportunities?

ManaMinori

BOTH of those surprise me. I'd love to see a Rainbow/Rarity episode because we really don't get to see at all how the two of them interact as friends thus far.

"Sonic Rainboom" was exactly that. Rarity was so distraught at the thought of her friend Rainbow Dash having to go and compete with Fluttershys weak ass cheering that she not only insisted that Twilight figure out a way to get her there, but volunteers to be the guinea pig for an untried spell. Later, when Rarity tries to upstage her, Dash dose'nt even care. And she is more happy that she rescued her friend than the fact that she did a sonic rainboom.

But that was all the way back in saeaon one. And I would still like to see an episode with just those two on an adventure to expand on that (kinda like Pinkie and Dash in (Lost Treasure of Griffonstone).

And back to the OP, as others have said, a Celistia and Luna episode is long overdue. As is Starswirl being in an actual episode. A flashback with the two sisters and Starswirl is the biggest "missing episode opportunity" that I would like to see reconciled.

(edited)

Not too keen on DT, personally, but I don't think it'd be the end of the world if she got en episode with character development

The show would be off set. It would be the end of the world, or at least the fandom. I feel that if more background and side characters got episodes then that might become more of the focus of the show. If the writers were running out of ideas that fit for the main 6 then I could see them looking into DT and SS for a new episode. Like another bulling episode- the Babs episode already had a good approach- were the CMC are minding their own business and DT(just her)starts harassing them. Then maybe Sweetie Bell says something to make DT go away. From their we may see what it's that makes her tick. I can't think of any good solution that is similar to the Babs resolution.

I really would like to see more of DT+SS and Trixie, but I can't see an episode that would work for them. That's why I don't direct the show. :derp:  What I don't want to see is another episode like slice of life. I would talk about that but it's not fitting to put it here.

Edited by Pony Munchies

Some epsiodes I really, really want:

- some more fluttershy backstory, especially with her family (if she has one? for all we know she could have just poofed into existence, idk)

- some more focus on celestia and luna's relationship and how they behave on a daily basis. I really want to know what they both do when they're just living their everyday lives, you know?

- i want to see a serious conflict between members of the mane 6 that seriously puts their relationship at risk and that doesn't get neatly solved within one episode... because I'm a masochist, i guess.

- one of the core 3 cutie mark crusaders needs to get their cutie mark already!!!! I want to see how the dynamic of their friendship changes

• Brohoof 2

"Sonic Rainboom" was exactly that. Rarity was so distraught at the thought of her friend Rainbow Dash having to go and compete with Fluttershys weak ass cheering that she not only insisted that Twilight figure out a way to get her there, but volunteers to be the guinea pig for an untried spell. Later, when Rarity tries to upstage her, Dash dose'nt even care. And she is more happy that she rescued her friend than the fact that she did a sonic rainboom.

But that was all the way back in saeaon one. And I would still like to see an episode with just those two on an adventure to expand on that (kinda like Pinkie and Dash in (Lost Treasure of Griffonstone).

And back to the OP, as others have said, a Celistia and Luna episode is long overdue. As is Starswirl being in an actual episode. A flashback with the two sisters and Starswirl is the biggest "missing episode opportunity" that I would like to see reconciled.

You're right, completely forgot that one. I just need ONE more... One that's not so "Rainbow-dynamic". I feel like in reality Rainbiw doesn't really like Rarity and she just doesn't voice it to keep peace...

But I'm probably wrong again

You're right, completely forgot that one. I just need ONE more... One that's not so "Rainbow-dynamic". I feel like in reality Rainbiw doesn't really like Rarity and she just doesn't voice it to keep peace...

But I'm probably wrong again

No, you are right. It does seem that way. It defiantly feels like Dash is way closer with Twi, Pie, Shy, and AJ than with Rarity. That's why an episode with them feels missing. Maybe it would be hard to do without feeling like a redux of AJ and Rarity.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

No, you are right. It does seem that way. It defiantly feels like Dash is way closer with Twi, Pie, Shy, and AJ than with Rarity. That's why an episode with them feels missing. Maybe it would be hard to do without feeling like a redux of AJ and Rarity.

I re-watched Sonic Rainboom and I think for me that episode doesn't *do* it as a Rainbow/Rarity- it's very Rainbow-centric (I hope that doesn't become my new catch phrase).

I almost want to see one where Rarity is, for example designing something ONLY for Rainbow and some sort of conflict arises that challenges both RD's loyalty and Rarity's generosity.

Hopefully they haven't stopped the flow of 'growth episodes' for the Mane 6 (eg "Tanks for the Memories") because Rarity and Rainbow Dash are the two characters who I wouldn't say are fully THERE yet. There's always more to learn but I feel these two are a bit behind still.

Edited by colt_following

We have missed Diamond Tiara getting an episode. This could create some oppitunities on how Diamond Tiara should truely behave. I was thinking for the past couple of weeks on an episode of how Luna visited Diamond Tiara's dream and Diamond Tiara got the message that she should change her ways. Now that will make some charater development.

I still think most of Diamond's issues derive from not having great parents, and I'd love to see an episode with confliction between her and her parents. My psychological feels are getting to me and I wanna instigate what's up in her head.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Yeah, I strongly agree that the show has characters that have a lot of story potential *cough* Scootaloo *cough*.

I hope they do some new stuff in season 5, like a Rarity and Rainbow Dash episode. :wub:

Edited by PonyLaces

When are we ever going to get anything involving an adult pony with a blank flank? Mr Greenhooves doesn't count as it was never addressed.

Green Hooves was supposed to get a cutie mark but for some reason, did not receive one.

As for blank flank adults, I wouldn't wish for them to exist in the show itself. Leave that for fan fiction.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Green Hooves was supposed to get a cutie mark but for some reason, did not receive one.

As for blank flank adults, I wouldn't wish for them to exist in the show itself. Leave that for fan fiction.

I never use Greenhooves as an example because it was more likely an animation or design oversight than actually intentional, and he's a background character, thus this aspect is never addressed.

As for at least one adult blank flank existing in the show, I fail to see how this would wreck the show's canon in any way. In fact, an episode based around one would offer the message that not everyone gets to "find themselves" as quickly as they would like, and I know of quite a few others who could relate to that kind of character. It's a rather mundane thing to put in the show's world, relatively speaking, but very relatable with a great potential moral and I can't possibly see anything wrong with it.

Edited by Wind Chaser

As for at least one adult blank flank existing in the show, I fail to see how this would wreck the show's canon in any way. In fact, an episode based around one would offer the message that not everyone gets to "find themselves" as quickly as they would like

I prefer to think that cutie mark magic can't be suppressed. Every pony has a destiny even if they don't know it and if they don't figure it out on their own, the magic intervenes and pushes them on the path if needed. Meaning, there are no adults without cutie mark magic. The CMC are already examples of ponies having to wait for theirs to fully mature.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer to think that cutie mark magic can't be suppressed. Every pony has a destiny even if they don't know it and if they don't figure it out on their own, the magic intervenes and pushes them on the path if needed. Meaning, there are no adults without cutie mark magic. The CMC are already examples of ponies having to wait for theirs to fully mature.

I'm not saying that they will always be without their cutie mark. Only implying that for some, it takes much longer than others, even longer than socially acceptable in the pony world.

I'm not saying that they will always be without their cutie mark. Only implying that for some, it takes much longer than others, even longer than socially acceptable in the pony world.

Yes, which may mean as late as latter childhood/pre-adulthood which would be like an older teenager.

I found Celestia and Luna bickering over the wedding present very amusing, I would love an episode which gives them more of a chance to be sisters (princesses need holidays too!), I reckon that could be fun. 

I would also like to see Starlight return, considering how she escaped I wouldn't be surprised if there are already plans for her to come back - I'd be interested to see how they can do it, considering it will be hard for her to convince any more ponies to willingly give up their cutie marks.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'll say it before and I'll say it again, make an episode talking about Applejack's parents.

AMEN. I really want to know. :(

They were referenced in Apple Family Reunion...but I doubt they'll ever have screen time, seeing as they would have to explain how they died, and this IS a kids' show.

I understand where you're coming from, but I think Cutie Marks are the Equivalent of Pony Puberty, and appear whether or not the given pony has really "found themselves".

By watching the show and observing the canon cases, you'll see that a lot of cutie marks are unrelated to a pony's career or life choices, and only a few actually had epiphanies attached to them.

I did a bit of an analysis on cutie marks here. :/ 

Edited by AmberDust

They were referenced in Apple Family Reunion...but I doubt they'll ever have screen time, seeing as they would have to explain how they died, and this IS a kids' show.

Didn't Jayson Theissen (or someone on the team) mention that the two shooting stars in Apple Family Reunion was meant to represent her parents? But I agree, it would be nice to go into AJ's family history some more 

• Brohoof 1

Didn't Jayson Theissen (or someone on the team) mention that the two shooting stars in Apple Family Reunion was meant to represent her parents?

Yup! That's the reference I was talking about.

• Brohoof 1

Yup! That's the reference I was talking about.

Oops, my bad - I completely missed that you mentioned Apple Family Reunion in that post  :derp:

• 2 weeks later...

So, throwing out another episode idea....what about one that deals with anger issues and it getting in the way of friendship? Not counting “Party Pooped”, because that was an episode with a moral around trying not to recreate a visitor's own home to make them feel at home in yours (which “Castle Sweet Castle” kind of already covered in reverse, but whatever). But more of an episode where someone has anger issues and a kneejerk temper at situations around them that might be triggered by some other pony (or species), and affecting their relationships with either the friends that they already have, or friends that they're trying to make. And presenting an episode where one of the mane 6 guides them through properly managing that anger and hair triggers, in order to make friends, or keep the relationships that they have, but are crumbling. Do you think an episode such as this could work in MLP?

Frankly, I'm surprised this one hasn't been done already....(especially since ponies like Rainbow Dash have a bit of a temper, themselves)

• 3 weeks later...

1.) Celestia episode

2.) Shining Armor episode (maybe with Spike or just the relationship with him and Cadance)

3.) Beach episode

4.) Episode about the background of Spike (locating his parents or something)

while I'm not a fan of Sunbutt, I have seen pople asking and wondering why she hasn't really had her own episode, now that we're 5 years into the show. Personally, I'd much rather Hasbro released a 2 minute short of her, than a full length 22 minute episode, but that's just me

Beach episodes seem kind of cliche.......

But I'd be all for digging more into Spike's background.

I also want an episode with Spike and Doughnut Joe. We see then hanging together, whenever Spike's in Canterlot, but they haven't had a whole episode together, yet.

I agree. I don't like how the Mane 6 are all suppose to be best friends, despite their differences - yet I can't really say they all are. Would you really say that Rarity and Rainbow are best friends forever? They could be if they had an episode with each other. Or Fluttershy and AJ? Maybe, but I still think they should have more time together. How about Spike and Rainbow Dash, or Pinkie Pie and Discord? It would be interesting. It would be cool if they made friends with other characters too, like Octavia and Rarity, Vinyl Scratch and Fluttershy, Spike and the Spa ponies, Rainbow and Soarin... There is so much potential for fresh episodes.

• Brohoof 2

Trixie needs a proper redemption episode. Apologizing to Twilight and not to her other friends doesn't amount to jack. And like Gilda, a more thorough look at why she's been such a dick is in order.

Also, Zecora needs an episode. Even she has to have some imperfections, and I want to see them. Also, I remember Brenda Crichlow and Nicole Oliver saying in a con video that they'd love to see Zecora and Celestia meet. Why shouldn't they?