Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Telling My Aunt I'm a Brony

DELETEDACCOUNT

Let me tell you guys how telling my aunt i'm a brony went. First i texted her and this conversation went like:

Me: I have something to come come clean about...

Aunt: I love u despite all your crazines

Me: i'm a brony

Aunt: What does that mean??? 

Me: it means i like my little pony

Aunt:Ummmmm? and what does this have to do with anything??

Me:Idk but it's a good show.

AuntAunt: oh ok well if that's what u like

Me:Thanks for supporting me.

I think that went better than i coul;d have thought

• Brohoof 5

I did the same thing, at first my aunt was in shock, then she laughed hysterically, then was shocked that I was able to keep something that was this important to me under raps for a whole year. She is also supportive of my bronyness, even though she does not understand it or want me to have any merch that others might see.

I'm really glad that your "coming out" to your aunt went well. I know my life has been much less stressful since I told mine.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Awesome =D now you must convert the nonbeliever o-o REPENT. REPENT!

I did the same thing, at first my aunt was in shock, then she laughed hysterically, then was shocked that I was able to keep something that was this important to me under raps for a whole year. She is also supportive of my bronyness, even though she does not understand it or want me to have any merch that others might see.

I'm really glad that your "coming out" to your aunt went well. I know my life has been much less stressful since I told mine.

a year? I've been a totally secret brony to EVERYONE for almost 2 years lol ... i've gotta be less shy i think

Edited by SkullcandyPegasus
  • Brohoof 3

Wow, wish I was as brave as you, I've only ever told a few people and the reaction has usually been...mixed :please:

Like, I told my friend on Friday and he just sorta dropped his drink in shock :lol:

• Brohoof 2

My mom was like "Really!?" at first, then I showed her the PBS Idea Channel's breakdown and it made it much clearer to her.  We even tease each other about it.  Target was closing it's doors and leaving our country and we were looking for toys for the kids...  There was a Rainbow Power scootaloo and my mom made a quip about it being half price.  I told her how the vinyls are more my speed, rather than the toys and we had a good chuckle.

Thanks everyone for the congradulating me. It was very hard to work up the courage to do that. I'm glad to see that people have enjoyed my story and shared theirs also.. I'm proud of those who were able to'come out'.On another note, my aunt has been a little ackward about the whole situation. She seemed to take it pretty well compared to how i thought it would. (Even though she'll probably tease me about it XD ).

(edited)

In such a conversation, she may have been thinking "O he's going to say he's homosexual but that's okay." but then you said you enjoyed television show which left her confused as to why it was important for you to mention it. I would assume that most people would think it's odd for one to be Brony but ultimately wouldn't care much about it.

I don't think trying to make it so dramatic was necessary. If needed to say one was Brony, I would think it would be more suitable to casually mention it if suitable to conversation.

People know I'm a Brony in reality but it's not something worth caring much about (unless meeting other Bronies).

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna

I have never told my parents lol idk if i ever will cause they will jus laugh! i know they wont care lol

I've had not told anyone in my family, the only person that knows is my brother, only because he himself is a brony lol and he's the one that dragged me into it. No regrets though  ;). He's more open about it than I am.  One Day I will let out the news that I am to the world.

I was introduced to it by my friends three years ago in high school. There were eight of us in total and six were bronies. We were relatively open about it but somehow in full view of everyone for over a year, nobody ever noticed the group of bronies :D

Sometimes the biggest complication one can have about saying they like MLP is to act like it's this huge deal and you're looking for their "support". Unless you're talking to an openly anti brony person, it's best just to speak of it as a matter of fact.

• Brohoof 1