Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Would you go to a concert by yourself?

Gone Airbourne

I don't think I would unless it was someone I REALLY wanted to see no matter what. Like the concert going on tonight for instance I really wish I could go to, I've known this guy's music since I was very little but sadly I won't be able to go :( If I could go alone though, I would -_-

@@Gone Airbourne,

The simple thing of just having people at the concert that you know, just makes it that more enjoyable. Before and perhaps after. :lol:  

@@Gone Airbourne,

The simple thing of just having people at the concert that you know, just makes it that more enjoyable. Before and perhaps after. :lol:  

Def. so but those friends better make sure that they like the artist we are going to go see. I'm not taking someone along with me who isn't going to take full enjoyment of the concert ;).

I have already gone to concert on my own.  It's not that big of a deal.  Sure, doing anything with friends is better than without, but I wouldn't let it stop me from seeing a band I like.

(edited)

When I was younger I used to go rock/metal concerts but mostly with my friends. I think the whole point is that you can hang out with them and sow your wild oats (at least it meant for me). There were a few times when I went alone to see my favorite bands but it wasn't that fun.

Edited by Kerberossz

I could never go alone- I need at least one friend with me or I'd never enjoy it.

But who knows? Maybe I could find new friends at the concert :)

Me: Hey you, you like this band?

Person: Yeah

Me: Okay you're my newest friend cx

Well not really, I feel like I'll get lost if I go by myself (without my family, cousin, and friends) to the concert. I decided to go with them and enjoy the performance including what I play or sing.

Have done this a few times in the past, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. :please:

I've never been to a concert before, but I'd totally go alone if none of my friends wanted to come along as well. It really depends on what kind of concert it is and what the audience is like. If the audience loud and obnoxious, I'd want to go with my friends.

I don't deal well with crowds. (That's code for they terrify me) I can only go to a concert or Con if somebody I know and trust goes with me. That way I can grab their arm and hold on if I get too stressed. I know that sounds weird, but there ya go. I may have gotten a bit worse of late. I haven't been to a convention or concert for several years now.

Oh all the time. I've been to 37 concerts and counting. Only 15 of those did I actually go w/ friends & family. My tastes are too refined for them. That and I usually get nagged about staying too long, or the set being too loud, or the venue smelling like smoke. And most people that would go with me just stand in the back or try to buy seats. They don't jump up and down and mosh with the rest of us. 

So yeah, lone wolf is best way to go. 

I just got to go see Flogging Molly live with Gogol Bordello and I went by myself. I got front row, made a friend and had the time of my life. The friend I made we are going to see Social Distortion in August because the friend I made at the concert goes to a lot of venues in that city Raleigh. I can't wait to see Social D soon enough. 

No, I would never do that. That would be too depressing for me :(

Its actually a lot more fun than you think going to a concert on your own. If you get there really early on you have a lot better chances of meeting and talking with others there.

Its actually a lot more fun than you think going to a concert on your own. If you get there really early on you have a lot better chances of meeting and talking with others there.

Well, I am not really social and I stay away from things like dances or balls held in my school since there is a lot of drinking involved. 

Well, I am not really social and I stay away from things like dances or balls held in my school since there is a lot of drinking involved. 

I'm pretty shy myself but at concerts I feel right at home. I feel like I'm with a family almost full of people with things I have similar interests with so it's a lot easier for me to get along with those people. I get so lost in the music and going crazy that it's just a great time. You don't have to drink either.

I would, cause I don't have many friends who like my music XD

This my friend this is my very same reasoning! 

I'm 16, can't even drive yet XD

I think that is around when you can either get your permit because that is when I first got my permit @16 I think. I think it also varies state to state.