Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Don't you HATE when something "goes viral"?

CosmicHooves

I can understand when things go viral on the web, that's just the type of place it is. What bothers me is when things to viral from the web into real life. Please refer to the stupidity that was the Harlem shake for why I feel this way.

Nope. Besides, I don't see the issue. If something goes viral, it goes viral, regardless of the quality of the content. If I didn't like something unpopular and it goes viral later, that won't change my opinion about it. If I liked something and it goes viral, same deal.

I don't think that "hate" is the exact word on my case, "being iffy" is a more precise description. It is because this screams "groupthink".

The majority is not necessarily right. The scene that comes to my mind is a herd running towards a cliff, and when the animals in front fall off, the ones in the back follow right afterwards. But also the majority isn't necessarily wrong, sometimes I must take care in order to not make a hasty judgement of something that is popular.

What is ironic, considering the forum we are now, is that "being viral" is what made me to avoid MLP for quite a while. I had watched one episode here or there back when it begun, but it wasn't until last year that I have started to watch it regularly.

• 5 years later...

Not really because when something goes viral it always dies down at one point or another. Take the dab for example, it used to be super popular but now the majority of people don't do it or talk about it hardly at all anymore. Same with Fortnite, it used to be popular but now people rarely talk about it.

• Brohoof 1

Viral things are interested and funny at the beginning, but people don't know when to stop and after some time the viral thing becomes more annoying

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-03-18 at 7:40 PM, ExplosionMare said:

I just don’t like when harmful things go viral like dangerous Tik Tok trends

This

I don’t like the harmful/deadly challenges going viral.

• Brohoof 1

Not really, it actually keeps me interested to the things I like. If something I like aren't being shown or being marketed than I would end up losing interests on it. 

Depends,  I don't like when it comes to something I'm into and the media only shows the bad stuff about it all the time.  

I don't like viral videos. It's just stupid stuff that takes no effort usually. When other people work hard and don't get anything. I also don't like harmful or offensive viral videos.