Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Xbox 360 games that YOU want to see become compatible on Xbox One

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

So the Xbox One now has backwards compatibility, at least it soon will for the public. This has to be the biggest surprise of the year for me and it is so well done. Microsoft is taking suggestions for games people want to see first to be compatible for the One on the Xbox Feedback page, which Red Dead Redemption is currently leading in votes.

So what games do you want to see become compatible first? This includes digital and retail released titles.

(edited)

Blazing Angels II: Secret Projects. Why?

The original reason why I bought an Xbox, surprisingly, was for Blazing Angels II. I know, I know, it's just another crappy Ubisoft game... but Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WW2, for the Wii, is one of my favorite games, and apart from Wii Sports, was the first game I had ever played. Now, of course, I have been enlightened to the true variety of the games out there, but every once in a while, I power up the Wii, hop into my Me 262 with the Ace camo, and attempt just one more time to get that elusive perfect medal on Liberation Of Paris so that I can finally, finally, finally unlock Air Marshal. That nostalgia is why I wanted the sequel, and why I still want it to this day.

Edited by Orion Caelum

How about all of them? From what I heard after the beta is over they'll go full public and every game will be available. That's a huge point for the Xbox One for me. Being able to play older games on top of new ones means I don't have to keep the older ones as long.

The Gears of War trilogy and Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

There'll be no need for the Gears of War games to be added to the BC thing. They're getting an HD Remaster for Xbox One anyway.

• Brohoof 2

Is F.E.A.R only for the xbox 360? Cause if they bring those back, i'll be  a happy camper.

They aren't exclusive but I don't imagine that means anything considering Red Dead Redemption is at the top of the polls for the beta.

They aren't exclusive but I don't imagine that means anything considering Red Dead Redemption is at the top of the polls for the beta.

I guess not.  :)  But i wasn't sure if it was only exclusive, just had to make sure.

All of them is the only logical answer, but if I had to choose specific games, then I pick every Suda 51 and every Platinum Game

All of them is the only logical answer, but if I had to choose specific games, then I pick every Suda 51 and every Platinum Game

Of course all of them is the best answer, hopefully that is what happens eventually, I am just asking which ones you all would like to see the most. :) Personal Xbox 360 favorites and whatnot. 

Me, I want Skyrim, The Sims 3, any of the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games and there are so many others to choose from.  :o

Only THE best game on last gen, The Elder Scrolls Oblivion. Oh and all the Halo games, Gears of War, Devil May Cry, and Resi 4, cause if it is I will buy it and play it till i'm about 20 xD

How about all of them? From what I heard after the beta is over they'll go full public and every game will be available. That's a huge point for the Xbox One for me. Being able to play older games on top of new ones means I don't have to keep the older ones as long.

I know right all of them is better than just "some" it's pathetic that they can't implement full backwards compatibility on these newer systems.... Nintendo has always done a nice job in this aspect in past years at least.

I know right all of them is better than just "some" it's pathetic that they can't implement full backwards compatibility on these newer systems.... Nintendo has always done a nice job in this aspect in past years at least.

The fact that Nintendo doesn't actually change their hardware that much helps. The PS2, PS3 and PS4 all use different hardware so BC is difficult, to the point that it got dropped entirely in the PS3's later models.

Halo Reach.

My favorite Halo game in the series.

I'm pretty sure that they showed an image of Reach during the conference - so while not out yet, it looks like it's on their mind.

I'd like to see Mass Effect 2 and 3, to go along with ME1 (I don't want to play through 1 and then have to stop, especially after my 360 RRoD'd on me)

• Brohoof 1

Just to be clear, this thread is NOT for debating such a thing, it for purely for discussing what games we would love to see be backwards compatible, that's it. Please keep it as such. Sorry if I sound harsh there but I don't want this thread to devolve into that. Yes, having all games be backwards compatible would be awesome but it is not always that simple or easy, so I just want to talk about many of our 360 favorites being on the One. /end mini rant/ I just wanted to make that clear.

Only THE best game on last gen, The Elder Scrolls Oblivion. Oh and all the Halo games, Gears of War, Devil May Cry, and Resi 4, cause if it is I will buy it and play it till i'm about 20 xD

Some irony here, I actually had a random dream last night that Resi 4 was on the store for the One. XD That would be another awesome addition, especially since Capcom has put that game on everything at this point. 

Elder Scrolls 4 would be amazing as well, I have been wanting to replay that one. It's atmosphere is so nostalgic for me.

Loving this discussion so far. :)

• Brohoof 1

Just to be clear, this thread is NOT for debating such a thing, it for purely for discussing what games we would love to see be backwards compatible, that's it. Please keep it as such. Sorry if I sound harsh there but I don't want this thread to devolve into that. Yes, having all games be backwards compatible would be awesome but it is not always that simple or easy, so I just want to talk about many of our 360 favorites being on the One. /end mini rant/ I just wanted to make that clear.

... Alright sorry then gosh I wasn't trying to derail this thread I was responding to a post to here was all.

If I had to pick one game for them to do backwards compatibility it would have to be Halo 3 & Reach. 

(edited)

Saints Row 2, Resident Evil 4, Battlefiled 1943, Skate 3, Mafia 2, Call of Duty World at War and Kane & Lynch 2. I'm so glad that Xbox One will soon have backwards compatibly :D And the fact that the game you already own will be free! A very unusual thing for Microsoft to do xD

Edited by FlutterstepHD
  • Brohoof 2

Saints Row 2, Resident Evil 4, Battlefiled 1943, Skate 3, Mafia 2, Call of Duty World at War and Kane & Lynch 2. I'm so glad that Xbox One will soon have backwards compatibly :D And the fact that the game you already own will be free! A very unusual thing for Microsoft to do xD

The Skate games would be awesome! I was thinking about that series recently and I have Skate 2 digitally owned, so it would be cool to have it on the One. Microsoft has been impressing me to no end lately. :)

... Alright sorry then gosh I wasn't trying to derail this thread I was responding to a post to here was all.

If I had to pick one game for them to do backwards compatibility it would have to be Halo 3 & Reach. 

Again, sorry if I sounded harsh. I know you weren't trying to derail the thread or anything, I just wanted to prevent that from potentially happening in the future. It's all good. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Halo Reach...I cant wait to play that again  :lol: and the fact they have mentioned you can play online just makes that even better! 

Unfortunately, I doubt they will make halo 3 backwards compatible with the MCC out now, but it would be nice if them to do, if anything to show that they aren't trying to force you to buy something you technically already own

Unfortunately, I doubt they will make halo 3 backwards compatible with the MCC out now, but it would be nice if them to do, if anything to show that they aren't trying to force you to buy something you technically already own

Interestingly enough, according to Phil Spencer, they will eventually bring Gears of War to the backwards compatibility list despite the Ultimate Edition remaster that is coming out in August. So Halo 3 making its way could be possible. This is awesome too since the multiplayer to all of these games will work perfectly fine. :)

I just remember more games that I want to see become compatible: Saints Row, Saints Row 2, Saints Row the Third, and Bully Scholarship Edition. :D Those would all be awesome to play again on the One.

I don't have an Xbox One but Jade Empire is an awesome game, I'm sure many people would love to play that again.

I can't remember, was that a 360 or original Xbox title? Either way it would be cool see, I have never played it.

• Brohoof 1

How about just all the 360 games I own I own? :P

Some games I'm particularly looking forward to though: Mass Effect, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, L.A. Noire and the MGS HD collection to name just a few.

I'd actually also like those two more obscure RPG's made by Mistwalker: Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. I know they're pretty uninspired as far as JRPG's go, but I enjoyed playing through them and would like to do so again. :)