Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pinkie Pie episodic villain...

Harshreality

I just realised something. Each of the mane six encounters their own rival/enemy in the series, all except pinkie pie...

1) Twilight has Trixie

2) Applejack has the Flim Flam brothers

3) Dash had Gilda and still has Lightning Dust

4) Fluttershy has Iron Will and had Discord

5) Rarity has whoever it was from Rarity takes Manehattan...

Does anyone think there is a parallel to these for Pinkie Pie? Seems it's kinda strange they would leave her out.

I just realised something. Each of the mane six encounters their own rival/enemy in the series, all except pinkie pie...

1) Twilight has Trixie

Does anyone think there is a parallel to these for Pinkie Pie? Seems it's kinda strange they would leave her out.

I don't know if I'd count Iron Will as a villain or Discord as Fluttershy's opposite. If anything I'd consider Discord Pinkie Pie's dark reflection.

I wouldn't say Iron Will or Discord count for Fluttershy. I'd also argue that Gilda could technically count for Pinkie Pie too. 

The closest for Pinkie Pie was probably Cheese Sandwich but he's not a villain

(edited)

1) Twilight has Trixie

Cranky and Maud Pie are Pinkie Pie's opposites. Not villains but opposites no doubt.

Edited by cider float

She's had her share of conflict, there's no doubt about that, but her conflicts tend to be internal as opposed to focused on an external villain, just look at episodes like "Griffin the brush off" and "Party of one".

It's the stereotype clown dichotomy of being happy and bubbly on the outside but at the cost of carrying around a lot of suppressed emotional issues.

• Brohoof 2

just realised something. Each of the mane six encounters their own rival/enemy in the series, all except pinkie pie... 1) Twilight has Trixie 2) Applejack has the Flim Flam brothers 3) Dash had Gilda and still has Lightning Dust 4) Fluttershy has Iron Will and had Discord 5) Rarity has whoever it was from Rarity takes Manehattan... Does anyone think there is a parallel to these for Pinkie Pie? Seems it's kinda strange they would leave her out.

1.) Isn't Trixie reformed? Or isn't she hinted at being so?

2.) Yeah, Flim and Flam. You're right there

3.)Dash and Gilda is no more

But Dash has Lighting Dust, The wonderbolts, and Daring Do

4.) Fluttershy doesn't have any... Iron Will doesn't count, I really don't think so at least. Also Discord is reformed.

5.) Rarity... Her own villain is her generosity. The person in Manehattan, forgot her name, but she was a villain but she isn't an opposite of Rarity. No one ever said she was nor is it ever implicated. Yes, she was the antagonist but she is no villain much less; opposite. I agree with the same reasoning for Fluttershy. 

Yeah, Flim and Flam. You're right there

I never bought them as villains. They didn't even have animosity for the apples although after Applejack's about face on the elixir issue, I wouldn't be surprised if they did develop some.

As far as Pinkie is concerned, I don't think she needs a nemesis of sorts. It might not work for her character.

I never bought them as villains. They didn't even have animosity for the apples although after Applejack's about face on the elixir issue, I wouldn't be surprised if they did develop some.   As far as Pinkie is concerned, I don't think she needs a nemesis of sorts. It might not work for her character.

They aren't villains, they are opposties to the Apple family. Just because they are antagonists doesn't mean they are villains. 

They aren't villains, they are opposties to the Apple family. Just because they are antagonists doesn't mean they are villains. 

Yeah but the topic header mentioned villains. I thought the issue was about that.

(edited)

I really don't see how such character could exist.

A villain throwing parties? I really can't see it.

Plus she already had Cheese Sandwich. Although he wasn't evil, he was somehow a rival for Pinkie Pie.

Edited by Blobulle

(edited)

Eh, Iron Will was in no way a villain. I think it's even a stretch to call him an antagonist. Anyway, Pinkie isn't the type to hold grudges, although... I can see someone who insults her family and/or their rock farm and antagonizing her family as being someone she would definitely have some issues with.

Edited by Glike

Flim and Flam are the villains most counter to a particular element. You could also consider Starlight Glimmer to be a villain directly opposed to Twilight. I don't think we've seen any character directly counter Pinkie on such a basic level. Cheese Sandwich was only a "villain" because Pinkie thought of him that way. It would be neat for Pinkie to have a sworn enemy though.

(edited)

Lightning Dust is valid. That was some hardcore ruination by Rainbow Dash and the Mane 5. Rainbow Dash throws Lightning Dust under the carriage with all the blame while she wipes her hooves clean of any part of wrong doing and gets what she wants by simply threaten to quit. Need to mention that it was the Mane 5's idea to go to the air base in the middle of a training session unannounced.

Fly an air balloon unannounced in the middle of an active air base's training session and see if you can get away with calling the pilots, reckless. 

Edited by Singe

I think the best villain for Pinkie is herself, kinda like Pinkamena in a way. I actually find it very interesting when a character who is seemingly always upbeat and positive deals with some kind of internal struggle, plus for me personally that is relatable as well. I personally don't think she needs a direct outside 'villainy' character and I think she might be the most difficult of the mane 6 to give an actual antagonist. 

• Brohoof 1