Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like twilight sparkle as an unicorn or as an alicorn?

DaliaMarina

For the Slice of Life style stories, I really don't care either way since they've mostly stayed the same since her accession, though I will admit Unicorn Twilight at least got to star in a few of those episodes.

As for the more action-adventure orientated two parters, Unicorn Twilight all the way.  To me Unicorn Twilight had more a sense of reliability, being more of an everymare and more fallible as well.  I never really get this feel with Alicorn Twilight in the two-parters and there seems to be an air of ignorant righteousness surrounding her, bordering on the point of pretentiousness, at least to me, with Twilight, especially when it comes to her speeches. 

• Brohoof 2

Ooh! Someone made this topic!

I feel like the princess status is often generic, and this is no exception. The show makers want to appeal to having Twilight be a princess, but a normal pony that can walk around as if she doesn't have a massive celebrity status. That doesn't work, it feels inconsistent between shows. One episode Twilight is swamped by fans wherever she goes, with the power to shoot fricken lasers, the next she can have a calm day with a delightful evening stroll with her friends.

I also don't think Twilight having the powers of a god is easy to relate too.

• Brohoof 1

I never really get this feel with Alicorn Twilight in the two-parters and there seems to be an air of ignorant righteousness surrounding her, bordering on the point of pretentiousness, at least to me, with Twilight, especially when it comes to her speeches. 

Oh, thank God someone else picked up on her immensely annoying sense of self-righteousness. It's exactly why I love this scene so much: 

It's like, yeah, we get it, Twilight. "Blah, blah, blah, friendship, friendship, friendship." 

Just give it a rest, will ya?  >_>

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Preferred her as an unicorn. Her being an alicorn was nothing but a cheap tactic to sell another toy. In my fics, she is still a unicorn.

Edited by cider float

For the Slice of Life style stories, I really don't care either way since they've mostly stayed the same since her accession, though I will admit Unicorn Twilight at least got to star in a few of those episodes.

As for the more action-adventure orientated two parters, Unicorn Twilight all the way.  To me Unicorn Twilight had more a sense of reliability, being more of an everymare and more fallible as well.  I never really get this feel with Alicorn Twilight in the two-parters and there seems to be an air of ignorant righteousness surrounding her, bordering on the point of pretentiousness, at least to me, with Twilight, especially when it comes to her speeches.

omg, THIS!

And did you notice how, in "party oed" Sunbutt comes in at the end and gives Twi all te credit? And Twi doesn't so much as tell her no, Pinkie deserves all the credit for busting her rump to make your neighboring royals happy. Twi just accepts Sunbutt's praisel, with her friends help as an afterthought

I loved Twilight as a Unicorn, but I totally absolutely without a doubt LOVE Twilight more as an Alicorn princess! I was on the edge of my seat, thrilled when she transformed!

Twilight Sparkle's "Best day ever"!

• Brohoof 1

I like her better as a unicorn but I'm getting used to her as an alicorn. I started to think about why Twilight being an alicorn bugged me so much and I realized that since I came into the show late (between season 4 and 5 in November) my mind didn't get a chance to process the characters because I had to binge watch all 4 seasons to prepare for season 5. In a sense, I didn't get to enjoy Twilight as a unicorn for very long before her character transformed.

My top priority I like about Twilight Sparkle is an alicorn (winged unicorn) as in 2013 while previously started as the unicorn in 2010, I'm calling it "the princess of friendship".  :)

She seems to have gotten really bland after she became an alicorn. I know she's not almighty and powerful or whatnot but alicorn is the highest represented ascension in Equestria for a pony to be in so she has nowhere else to go and she might as well just go into the background like Luna and Celestia like alright you're all done.

(edited)

Unicorn Twilight already had an absurd of power and abilities, every unicorn is basically useless in comparison. Giving her even more was just stupid.

Edited by 1CJB

I highly prefer Twilight as an Alicorn princess.

I think she is MORE adorkable now, I love that she actually has the role of a princess instead of constantly going nuts over Princess Celestia (she still kinda does but it feels way more like she is just afraid of disappointing her), I love the advancement that it brings to the show, and many, many MANY more reasons after that. Her becoming an Alicorn princess and all that followed after it has made her tied with Fluttershy for my favorite pony.

I have always been one of the biggest supporters of Twilicorn (Been awhile since I have used that word) since the day I heard it was rumored and that for me is stronger now than it ever was. 

• Brohoof 1

What I don't get is how people think she somehow deserves this. Twilight's been given the perfect life from the start, every opportunity possible, and all the praise and support she could ever possibly need. Twilight doesn't even work as hard as her friends do, but yet she's far more successful and fortunate than the others. Becoming an alicorn was to be expected, but she sure as hell doesn't deserve it.

• Brohoof 2

I like her either way, though watching her fumble with her wings makes her even more adorkable, so I'd have to say I prefer her as an Alicorn a teensy bit more xD

I like the Alicorn Twilight better. Because she's developed so much and found her actual purpose and what she's good at.

Honestly, I didn't like Twilight that much in the beginning. Now I really do like her. Also, she's a very good plot device for the show turning into an Alicorn.

I liked her as a unicorn, but I also like her as an ailcorn (I know, Mr Decisive over here :lol: ). One thing I do like about this show, is that the animators use the pegasi wings to help show off their emotions, so I like that side to her being an alicorn. As for story, some of the unique challenges she has had as an alicorn have made for some good episodes (like learning how to fly/adapting to being a princess in Princess Twilight and the whole Tirek story), so I think overall her being an alicorn is generally a good thing.