Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My little Pony Fps Prototype

Nintenboy195

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dig it, I dig it. Though I would've preferred if the music didn't abruptly cut off at the end there. And perhaps a less generic image of the Mane 6 too. Other than that it works.

Thx for the feedback m8! I'll Make a few edits.

Love the idea, personally, but if I were you I'd keep it quiet or Hasbro is gonna C&D your butt like they did with Fighting is Magic.

Yeah, seems legit. thx for the advice m8!

• Brohoof 1

Hm...interesting indeed. This might turn out to be something good, though i cannot ignore the fact that you seem new to Unity and even programming, am i right?

I hope you won't just give up on it. I suggest doing some research on how to use Unity and even taking a basic lessons in programming before going any further. If you need help in programming in C++ i am here to help, or even C# as they aren't too different.

• Brohoof 1

Hm...interesting indeed. This might turn out to be something good, though i cannot ignore the fact that you seem new to Unity and even programming, am i right?

I hope you won't just give up on it. I suggest doing some research on how to use Unity and even taking a basic lessons in programming before going any further. If you need help in programming in C++ i am here to help, or even C# as they aren't too different.

You are right in those regards, for the fact that I am a beginner to programming (and in that case, unity as well.). And help would be greatly appreciated. I'm just wondering, do you know how to texture characters?

Thanks Ken, it answered a couple questions i had. 

here is an update.

Hello every pony, I have a very important update, and my followers on my Pony FPS Prototype should know. I have thought about it a lot recently, and I am completely restructuring the game. Instead of it being a actual mlp game, I have decided to make an map "inspired product". Kind of like the newest mlp inspired game, "prologue". This means no Equestrian character, no mane six, no old villains, and nothing directly related to FiM. I'm sorry if this may disappoint some. You have every reason to be. I have absolute respect for those who do. for you have you own opinion on the matter. I will explain this more in detail why I have made such decisions in an upcoming update video I am making. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. I will get back to you ASAP. Have a great night every pony, and may princess Luna look over you.

• Brohoof 3

Thanks Ken, it answered a couple questions i had. 

here is an update.

Hello every pony, I have a very important update, and my followers on my Pony FPS Prototype should know. I have thought about it a lot recently, and I am completely restructuring the game. Instead of it being a actual mlp game, I have decided to make an map "inspired product". Kind of like the newest mlp inspired game, "prologue". This means no Equestrian character, no mane six, no old villains, and nothing directly related to FiM. I'm sorry if this may disappoint some. You have every reason to be. I have absolute respect for those who do. for you have you own opinion on the matter. I will explain this more in detail why I have made such decisions in an upcoming update video I am making. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. I will get back to you ASAP. Have a great night every pony, and may princess Luna look over you.

Then there is really no point in making the game anymore other than practice for yourself. It will just be another fps made in unity by a beginner that no one is interested in. But doing it for the MLP:FiM community kind of makes it special because then you can put in all those references to the show and show inspired stories/levels that the MLP community finds interesting. Of course i'm not saying that the community WILL find it interesting to play, but if the game has a strong base, has good content AND its actually playable then the game might have a chance to get "famous" around here ;)

• Brohoof 2

Then there is really no point in making the game anymore other than practice for yourself. It will just be another fps made in unity by a beginner that no one is interested in. But doing it for the MLP:FiM community kind of makes it special because then you can put in all those references to the show and show inspired stories/levels that the MLP community finds interesting. Of course i'm not saying that the community WILL find it interesting to play, but if the game has a strong base, has good content AND its actually playable then the game might have a chance to get "famous" around here ;)

I hope to Celestia that it will happen! My creative surge has been going crazy, and I want to do my best on this!

• Brohoof 2

Here is a concept for a character I have in mind. As you can see, it is (very) early in development. Tommorow, I want to design clothes, or a uniform for her.

sig-4246649.219o40l.jpg

Oh Photoshop, what the world would be without you? So i suppose you're sticking with the MLP shooter(?).

As i can tell this is going to be a 3D game so have you found any 3D modelers or are you doing it yourself?

You're doing the animations by yourself too? The programming? Music?

• Brohoof 2

Oh Photoshop, what the world would be without you? So i suppose you're sticking with the MLP shooter(?).

As i can tell this is going to be a 3D game so have you found any 3D modelers or are you doing it yourself?

You're doing the animations by yourself too? The programming? Music?

Well, it's not intirely mlp. It's mlp "inspired" kind of like this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gFH0ybTgihA

That game will be sold I believe. That is why I decided to make this non mlp. Also, I want the character to look *less* mlp. I just needed to find a base. And regarding the things like animator sand modelers, I intend on getting those via commissions.

• Brohoof 1

Well, it's not intirely mlp. It's mlp "inspired" kind of like this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gFH0ybTgihA

That game will be sold I believe. That is why I decided to make this non mlp. Also, I want the character to look *less* mlp. I just needed to find a base. And regarding the things like animator sand modelers, I intend on getting those via commissions.

You're putting the game up for sale you say...ugh. -.-"

You do realize you have no experience in Unity and you can't even code (because programming is way over the line for you at this moment), yet you wanna make a game that you will charge money for? How old are you again?

First of all putting your first game for sale ain't gonna do you any good, trust me. And to be honest, i was trying to be nice and help you as much as i can with your game and getting into game development but SELLING IT, REALLY?! I think you need to wake up from your dream and realize that if games were so easy to make and sell, everyone would do it. If you wanna sell the game and actually have people buying it and enjoy it then you will need to meet a quality standard that is not low at all. You can get any games on Steam, but not all are selling and making money.

Your current graphics look like they were stolen from different parts of the internet and put together in 10 minutes and they probably are. And also you nicked some water assets and physics from the Unity Store (or they may offer it for free, i don't know) and put them in a game where you're trying (from what i can tell) to create a cartoon-ish style even though they clearly don't have a place in the game.

The hoof thingy looks awful and its way too shiny (again, there realism vs cartoon battle in your game) like its made of metal and not flesh.

The hair...really? I don't know how the idea came to you because its just so stupid. It kills any sort of immersion every time you look up. You aren't supposed to see the inside of your head every time you look up, are ya? That would've been better if you actually knew how to restrict the camera so you can only see just the fringe of the hair and not the whole bloody thing.

And even if you did that you will still have to make hair that looks like hair and not a plank of wood painted and maybe add physics (for immersion :P).

The shadows look awful and pixelated (from what i can remember, forgive and please correct me if i'm wrong).

You also need to be either a good writer, hire one or be damn lucky with the story to get any kind of attention for the game because there are a lot of first person shooters out there and the only thing that can make your game different from them is if you have a cool, new mechanic in the game or a damn good story to tell.

You need good optimization or else your game is gonna be laggy as shit.

You will need to either get good at 3D modeling or hire one for you NPCs.

Animations! NPCs move, shoot (if they shoot), and do other things that you may wish them to do and for that to look good you need good animations or else the game won't look appealing at all if you decide to make a video presenting the game and some NPC is sliding to their destination or have shitty and laggy animations. You will also need animations for your playable character. Oh, there is something else: THE HOOF IS ALWAYS IN THE AIR! How is the character supposed to walk with just 3 hoofs if its a pony? You will probably need to make a walking animation for the legs so it doesn't look weird.

If you still wanna add multiplayer you will really need good optimization, a computer just for the server to run on and some money every month to pay for it all, full 3D models with animations for the player's characters and learn how you can make your server secure and bulletproof to prevent players from hacking.

If you manage to do all those things then you can try to sell the game, otherwise keep it just as a small project. Or, of course, do as you wish and probably fail and who knows maybe you will actually end up on a "Nerd3 Hates..." video one day. :D

Edited by Ken
  • Brohoof 2