Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 6 COMING THIS YEAR!

EquestriaGuy

(edited)

This from the Hasbro Twitter feed!

sig-3919437.avgONWr.png

Get hyped! Season 5 will probably wrap up by September, then we'll have EQG 3 airing on September 26th, followed later this year by season 6!!!

UPDATE: Looks like someone running Hasbro's Twitter feed screwed up ROYALLY.

243kqax.jpg

Edited by EquestriaGuy
  • Brohoof 16

(edited)

Hmm I'm not sure bout this 

They have to switch channels cause the contract with discovery expired 3/31/15

I can't take this tweet at face value

I'm calling a bluff  

Edited by Zantetsuken

(edited)

Shortest Hiatus ever confirmed?

ALSO:

Just checked Hasbro's official Twitter. 

Shortest Hiatus ever confirmed

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 3

They have to switch channels cause the contract with discovery expired 3/31/15

unless they found and singed the paperwork with a new channel already I can't take this tweet at face value

I'm calling a bluff  

Where is your source that their contract expired?

And the show's still on Discovery. It's been airing season 5 ever since after the end of March of 2015. Hasbro still has some control of the channel and what's put on during the daytime hours, so why would the show specifically have to move?

• Brohoof 1

My theory here is that they started on the new season once season 5 was completed and they are still working on it now. That could explain it but that still does seem incredibly fast compared to every past season.

If this all goes as planned, this year is gonna have a lot of ponies. o_o

• Brohoof 2

Where is your source that their contract expired?

And the show's still on Discovery. It's been airing season 5 ever since after the end of March of 2015. Hasbro still has some control of the channel and what's put on during the daytime hours, so why would the show specifically have to move?

*Rechecks Sources* Oh huh... I guess I was wrong...

But I do remember Hasbro mentioning something about moving MLP to a new channel... Umm 

Despite that, I stand by what I said. I just think its too early. 

Positive: Will only be waiting a few month for new pony after this season!

Negative: This could end up being like Assassins Creed: Rushed beginning, good middle which is ruined for you because of the beginning, terrible ending.

• Brohoof 1

The only reason we see a full year turn around from first recording to airdate is because of the gap between production seasons. If there was no gap, it's certainly possible to get a new season out within this calendar year. I think they were probably being worked on consecutively, with no breaks at all.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

If we get a new S5 episode every week from now on, that would end the season on October 10, the five-year anniversary of MLP:FiM (looking at the TV schedule, there's actually going to be a week off after this week's episode, though assuming the two-part finale will be on the same day, it'd still be October 10). That'd bring the wait to anywhere between one week or two months, give or take a few more weeks. Either that, or S6 is actually the remaining 13 episodes that were originally produced for S5, bringing the broadcast season count ahead of the production season count. Of course, if that were the case, I'd assume something would have been announced...

Edited by immblueversion
  • Brohoof 2

Woah woah now, let's not be crazy here, season 6 so early?   :maud:

*reads Tweet*  :maud:

mlfw1839_medium.jpg

. . . Bakana 

Well, if this isn't some odd joke or mistake, then i look forward to season 6..once season 5 actually finishes. I do suspect it will be a short season tho most likely. But still..   :maud:

. . .

T080MwL.gif

Exxxxxcellent..   :nom:

• Brohoof 2

If we get a new S5 episode every week from now on, that would end the season on October 10, the five-year anniversary of MLP:FiM (looking at the TV schedule, there's actually going to be a week off after this week's episode, though assuming the two-part finale will be on the same day, it'd still be October 10). That'd bring the wait to anywhere between one week or two months, give or take a few more weeks. Either that, or S6 is actually the remaining 13 episodes that were originally produced for S5, bringing the broadcast season count ahead of the production season count. Of course, if that were the case, I'd assume something would have been announced...

I hate that you're making an insanely good point here. We have no dates yet for anything past episode 13. The logical answer is that 14-26 are what the Hasbro twitter feed is considering to be S6, and actual season 6 would remain on the usual production schedule, airing next Spring.

• Brohoof 1

I hate that you're making an insanely good point here. We have no dates yet for anything past episode 13. The logical answer is that 14-26 are what the Hasbro twitter feed is considering to be S6, and actual season 6 would remain on the usual production schedule, airing next Spring.

Upon recounting, I'd say the break would be closer to three months at the longest, not two. But it's funny how I predicted not too long ago that there would be a mid-season break after episode 13 that would also last no longer than three months...

So much milking..

I haven't even finished season 4 yet >_>

How's it holding up for you, anyway?

Ummm okay that's good, I think. I'm curious as to how theyll produce the season that quickly. Probably planned aND produced the episodes in tandem with season 5. Well hopefully be like Legend of Korra Book 4. Who's up for lavabending?

don't know if they are accurate this is but the first four seasons aired in fall and season 5 is the only one to air in spring so it could be accurate other networks have done the same before.

Ummm okay that's good, I think. I'm curious as to how theyll produce the season that quickly. Probably planned aND produced the episodes in tandem with season 5. Well hopefully be like Legend of Korra Book 4. Who's up for lavabending?

If there was no gap between production cycles, you could do it. They could finish 5 and go right into 6, and still easily pull it off.