Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if there was a secondary set of the Elements of Harmony?

Blueberry Waffle

Then the writers have to come up with a dumb excuse, why we haven't heard of them before.

Something like 6 villains having Elements of Disharmony.

That sounds cool.

Deceit (anti-honesty)

Selfishness (anti-generosity)

Spite (anti-kindness)

Betrayal (anti-loyalty)

Rage (anti-laughter)

Animosity (anti-friendship)

And to further this, I would give deceit to Discord (before he was reformed), selfishness to Starlight Glimmer, rage to Nightmare Moon, bettayal to Tirek, spite to Queen Chrysalis, and Animosity to...Sombra? He doesn't have much character development, but based on his deeds he seems like the ultimate evil.

• Brohoof 3

That sounds cool.

Deceit (anti-honesty)

Spite (anti-kindness)

Betrayal (anti-loyalty)

Rage (anti-laughter)

And to further this, I would give deceit to Discord (before he was reformed), selfishness to Starlight Glimmer, rage to Nightmare Moon, bettayal to Tirek, spite to Queen Chrysalis, and Animosity to...Sombra? He doesn't have much character development, but based on his deeds he seems like the ultimate evil.

What about Gloom instead of rage, for the anti-laughter harmony? Rage seems to fall more under animosity, as you put it.

But, to be more to the point. I'd totally dig the idea of six elements of disharmony, it'd make plenty sense not to mention bring in some villains that are totally up to par with the mane six. I mean, what happens if the elements of disharmony turn out to make them evenly matched in terms of power? They'd have to improvise somehow.

• Brohoof 2

What about Gloom instead of rage, for the anti-laughter harmony? Rage seems to fall more under animosity, as you put it.

My first thought for anti-laughter was sadness, but then I remembered that sadness is not necessarily a negative emotion. Then I thought of anger because it's similar to laughter in that it is usually expressed loudly and with lots of energy, but again I remembered that being angry is not always a bad thing. I settled on rage because it encompasses all the negative parts of anger but none of the positives. Gloom seems like a good alternative. I suppose I would give it to the Tantabus, since it likes to make ponies feel miserable.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My first thought for anti-laughter was sadness, but then I remembered that sadness is not necessarily a negative emotion. Then I thought of anger because it's similar to laughter in that it is usually expressed loudly and with lots of energy, but again I remembered that being angry is not always a bad thing. I settled on rage because it encompasses all the negative parts of anger but none of the positives. Gloom seems like a good alternative. I suppose I would give it to the Tantabus, since it likes to make ponies feel miserable.

The lesson for Luna is basically: "Your Past is not Today" ; making her a retroactive expy of Sunset Shimmer.

Then "Gloom" for the Tantabus is the oposite of the "Seventh Spirit of Friendship": Forgiveness

Edited by SilverComet

That sounds cool.

Deceit (anti-honesty)

Spite (anti-kindness)

Betrayal (anti-loyalty)

Rage (anti-laughter)

No character development? You sir need to go read Fiendship is Magic #1.

To everything else though, looks good. I just wonder how they would 'unite' considering those are the absolute worst traits to have if your working together.

(edited)

Isn't it the Rainbow Power?

Could be. But what i was actually thinking is this. Imagine if there were more ponies in the mlp:fim series that represented friendship, magic, laughter, kindness , generousity and loyalty.

Edited by Blueberry Waffle

No thanks.

Not a big fan of when new main characters are bought in out of nowhere, it really throws things off, and things just aren't the same.

I know no one wants things to get stale, but changing too much can be bad too.

Even if they DO stoop so low as to being more EoH, at least give it to characters we actually know (not backgrounders though. That would be too much).

(edited)

No thanks.

Not a big fan of when new main characters are bought in out of nowhere, it really throws things off, and things just aren't the same.

I know no one wants things to get stale, but changing too much can be bad too.

Even if they DO stoop so low as to being more EoH, at least give it to characters we actually know (not backgrounders though. That would be too much).

New "main characters" in FiM is something that can not happen (because is a character driven show). 

Even if one of the V.A. leaves the show, they would be replaced instead of "putting in a bus" one of the main six (the "fix it at the ending" Coco Pommel´s help provided in "Rarity Takes Manehattan" [s4E08] is a borderline example of this).

What is discussed here is alternative solutions for situations currently only the main six can solve (like the use of the Rainbow Power; considered by Luna as a way to do the impossible in "Do Princesses..." [s5E13] ).

For example: If they were missing from Equestria for a fixed ammount of time (a journey to a far away land or CHS); then those who learned the "friendship lessons" necessary to forge the keys could posibly harness that power in their absence.

This way Seabreeze and the other ponies would not be a "Deus ex Machina" (except maybe Discord, technically speaking [who knows his backstory?...]); but a carefully planned "backup" for a future story.

Edited by SilverComet