Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does the everypony/anypony thing annoy you?

Literally Snails

I actually never find it annoying. When I first heard it, I laughed - it's kinda a mark of devotion to the series.

And it got stuck in my head. I was going to write to some "colleagues" I email, and wrote "Hello everypony!"

... Then I noticed what I wrote, and decided, maybe I won't start everything with telling "HELLO I'M A BRONY". Let them learn it... eventually.

I'm not annoyed by it at all. In fact, I feel a little liberated by using it myself. It just feels oddly encouraging to see others using expressions like somepony or anypony, and knowing there are still a few accepting places where you can actually do that without being judged or talked down to.
  • Brohoof 1

I don't have any issues with it. I use about 50% anybody and 50% anypony.

I figure with how much the fandom loves the show it's only natural we pick up a few of it's words.

I mean, the first time I actually used it was by accident. I was playing online with my cousin and it just slipped out. I cut myself off as soon as I hit the 'P'. Here's the script:

Me: "Where is everyp-..."

Cousin: "Everypony!"

Two days later he was a brony. I don't know how he knew I was going to say that. I should really ask him.

Annoying? No.

When I saw ponies used it I was like, "Hey, why not?!". And then I have used it online every since.

Actually, I have used it so much so it has replaced the "real" words totally for me. I mean almost all the time when I chat with non-bronies, I type for example; "anypony" and I don't eaven see that I do it. It comes auto, you know. Then they usually says "..You typed anyPONY ..again.." And I'm like "..Did I?...Oh yeah, I've used it so much"

Edited by Jokuc

I'm cool using everypony online with bronies, but real life or with nonbronies is another matter. While it would be freaking awesome, friendship is magic is not as mainstream as the bronies or haters put it out to be and I'm sure nearly everyone around wouldn't get the reference.

Short answer

No.

Long answer

No, I don't find it partically annoying because I don't really see any harm in it. Plus it's just fun to say somethimes! Though I can't count how many times I've had to stop myself mid-sentence because I almost said "everypony" in casual conversation. Oh, the stares I would have gotten!

Not particularly, but I've never used it

It did annoy me at first when I was still somewhat ambivalent about bronies and the fandom, however (I blame my days as a *chantard for this occurrence)

Now that I'm a lot more involved and accepting of the whole brony thing, it passed from an annoyance to just something that people do... I really don't pay attention to it any more

I found it extremely annoying at first, and saw it as more a sign of the show being immature when I first was watching it. It was one of those factors that kind of drove me away at first because of how cheesy and forced it was. It's like they have to remind you that they're ponies.

Nowadays, though, I just got used to it due to hanging around here. I don't mind it anymore, and will use it on occasion. Though I prefer anybody/anyone because it allows me to take a conversation seriously.

• Brohoof 3

Eh, I don't know. I'm completely fine with others saying it and all, but I don't see the appeal. I may say it here and there for kicks and giggles, but I'm hardwired to say "anybody" and "someone", so that's what I'm gonna say.

I thought it was stupid. Actually, it still is.

However, I'm indifferent to it now. I sometimes use it if I feel like being a jackass.

It's not a bad thing... just fairly annoying. (Like the thread suggests.)

... Still not entirely okay with it whenever someone points it out, though.

Edited by Guest

I normally hate things like that, but for some reason I don't mind it. I've heard the ponies use it enough that it's fine with me. The only times I don't get it is when they use it referring to a group of beings which consists either partially or entirely of NOT ponies.

Not to me. Not at all; I love it. I think it's adorable and fun. ^_^

Although I have seen how it irks a few people, so I do avoid doing it among fans I don't know very well. Otherwise, unless someone outright tells me to not do it, an "everypony/anypony/nopony" or two will slip into my daily internet speech... sometimes even offline. :x

I think, like Arylett, I was originally put off by its use in the fandom. Sure, the ponies say that, but we're NOT ponies. Our usage of the phrase would be like the Mane Six using the term "somehuman" or "anyhuman" when referring to themselves. It'd sound rather silly.

That said, I have occasionally found myself using it, usually by accident. It tends to slip out due to my natural mimicry...the same thing that has me mimicking accents when I listen to them for more than a couple of minutes. Catch me watching something with a whole bunch of British actors, for example, and you'll probably hear me butchering a London accent afterwards for a good few minutes.

• Brohoof 2