Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When was the last time you envied someone?

Cleverclover

On 2021-03-27 at 7:27 PM, Wingnut said:

Sorry to quote you on such an old post, but I had no idea.  All these years, I thought we were supposed to be envying you!

Oh, no, absolutely not! No one should ever envy me!

I'm shocked anyone would actually read it that way. I've never heard that in all of my years of using the username. lol

2 minutes ago, Envy said:

Oh, no, absolutely not! No one should ever envy me!

I'm shocked anyone would actually read it that way. I've never heard that in all of my years of using the username. lol

What does your name mean, to you? 

11 hours ago, Califorum said:

What does your name mean, to you? 

I honestly thought people knew and that I didn't even have to say it. :O

I started using this username due to me being envious of other people with much better talent in music than I and also me be very envious other women who were much prettier than I. I originally started using it (or came up with it, anyway) back in high school when I was at my worst with that (and there were individuals who met both categories at the same time and were bringing me down all of the time), but kept using it when I came here because it still kinda fit.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, ok.  But it just goes to show you that username meanings are sometimes subject to interpretation. For what it’s worth, I settled on Wingnut simply because I was nuts about Fluttershy and, to a slightly lesser extent, Rainbow Dash when I joined.  But at least once someone guessed it was because I had extreme political views.  Not the case at all.  

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t envy anyone really. I have what I have and I’m fine with it. I might be happier if I had a better memory and mental acuity like my younger contemporaries but I don’t envy them, I just hate them, hate them, hate them!!!  :Cozy:

I don't envy anyone for whatever physical items they may have. Instead I often find myself wishing I had their abilities, their talents. A casual stroll through DeviantArt is a good way for me to wish I was someone else entirely, someone with true artistic merit. Or music ability, or anything else. 

• 3 weeks later...

Quite often, when people achieve amazing success with their fanfics with dozens of comments and follows and whatever, while I struggle to get even a few. I wouldn't go so far as to claim they don't deserve their success, though. I just wish I had it as well.

I don't really envy them and I know I shouldn't feel this way but I do get frustrated with constantly being compared to a friend sometimes, it feels like others always want to put me in their shadow and compare anything I achieve to their achievements. It's not the friends fault but I do with people would judge me for my own qualities rather that always have to compare me to someone else.