Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you an introvert or Extrovert?

Haruhi-chan

Introvert, Extrovert or in Between?  

166 users have voted

1. 1. Introvert, Extrovert or in Between?

• Introvert
    • In Between
    • Extrovert

I am somewhere in between. But i would say more of an extrovert.

The only time i am an introvert, is when i am in unknown territories. People i never met before and i can't make out their intentions. If i know these people for a few days and if they are cool, i hang out with them.

I like to go out, because sitting at home all day makes me go crazy.

I'm an introvert through and through. I have a desire to make new friends and be outgoing, as I am around people I know extremely well, but when it comes time to start a conversation with someone I stumble around my words and always feel like I'm an annoying, unwanted presence. This is precisely why my bedroom is where I'm at 95% of the time.

Very introverted lol

I like to be alone most of the time, talking to people is exhausting, I actually avoid talking to people. I also have social anxiety though.

The only time I like to see people is once a week at a party, when I'm not sober.

Probably somewhere in the middle. I usually only speak when spoken to, I'm not overly social but nor am I socially withdrawn.

in all honesty, I'm a bit of both...probably leaning more on the "introverted" side.

Like, I'm fine going out and being in public n' stuff...maybe making conversation every once in a while.

I'm definitely no Fluttershy, but when I get home? It's my domain. We generally don't have people

over. (I mean, our house is pretty small in its own right) but home is where myself and my wife go to escape

the noise of the outside world. So in a sense, yeah...introvert in some forms, but alright in others.

• Brohoof 1

Well, let's see...I much prefer solitude and generally spending time doing individual activities. I also prefer having a few very close friends as opposed to a lot of friends. I am not very talkative with people I don't know well (but won't stop yapping with friends), am not very assertive (though this is something I'm trying to fix :P) and generally don't like social gatherings, like parties, nor do I like working in groups, unless it's just with people I know well.

So, I guess that means I'm an introvert, eh?

• Brohoof 1

I do have a few symptoms of aspergers syndrome, and am also more of a loner by nature, so getting along with others has been a bit of a challenge I must say.  :lol:   But I don't think that makes me any less "social" than normal people anymore, I just prefer to have a few friends that I'm really close with instead of half a million I barely know.

I've noticed I tend to get along best with other people who have trouble making friends.

Even though I have a bit of genetic autism in me I think I might be special in a good way for some.  :P

I'm definitely an introvert. I prefer to be at home alone (or with my husband) and I only have one other person that I really love to spend time with on a regular basis (my irl best friend ZeldaSage), although that is a semi-newish development (we met just under a year ago, and before that, I never hung out regularly with anyone other than my husband or went anywhere to hang out with people).

I can be friendly to strangers, but I don't like being around strangers. It's easier for me to be comfortable around groups of children than with groups of adults (I work in a pre-school). And actually, I tend to get anxiety when I know that I am going to have to be around a large group of adults or when I have to hang out with someone (or multiple people) I don't know that well and "entertain" them.

Now, all of this changes when I get on the internet. I'm still shy and introverted, but it's a lot easier for me to break out of my shell and talk to people online than it is in person. That's why the majority of my good friends (the few that I have) are people I only know online. And that's perfectly okay with me! :fluttershy:

(edited)

I'm a bit of both, really. I'm outgoing, and I often make strange, incomprehensible sounds. I can see why a lot of people who don't know me well think I'm extremely weird. And I am. I like to express my taste in music and how much I love the youtubers I watch, but I keep some elements of my personality and likes hidden. For example, I've only ever confessed my love of MLP to two people: my brother, and my fellow pegasister friend. I'm working on my confidence about that though. But there are some people that flaunt everything to do with their crushes and love life. I feel awkward and turn literally bright red whenever I'm asked about that kinda stuff. Unfortunately, that leads to many misconceptions about who exactly I get crushes on. I'll never, ever mention my only crush anywhere, not even online or to my closest friends, despite the fact that I like to get them to try and guess (and they usually guess right but I don't tell them that). I always talk about him... But I don't say anything like that. So in that sense, I am very much an introvert. In the grand scheme of things, I'm quite an extrovert, although I am very bad at talking directly to new people. I'm also very quick to defend myself against meanies:)

Edited by Wolves

Introvert. I'm not the kind of person who goes out of his way to go to parties and meet anyone and everyone. I wouldn't consider myself "reclusive" though, as I can manage a social event just fine...just don't expect me to hit the dance floor or anything like that.

I'm definitely pretty extroverted. I took this test that was supposed to determine what my greatest strengths are, and one of my top five was I was an "activator" which meant that I have a tendency of getting people involved and making those usually unable to be a part of the group feel like they fit in.

I have no real issue with extroverted people except the small minority that try and act like their friendship is somehow more valuable than others because they don't give it out as often. Fortunately those people make up a tiny minority.

What does it feel like to be extroverted? Like, do extroverts have that much of an interest in other people or do they really just want to talk about themselves? How does an extrovert say or do just anything they want without dissecting every bit of it afterwards? I am so scared to offend someone or make someone think I'm weird by being myself that I just want to avoid all people. I cant see how anything I could say would be interesting to someone at all. Where does the confidence come from?

What does it feel like to be extroverted? Like, do extroverts have that much of an interest in other people or do they really just want to talk about themselves? How does an extrovert say or do just anything they want without dissecting every bit of it afterwards? I am so scared to offend someone or make someone think I'm weird by being myself that I just want to avoid all people. I cant see how anything I could say would be interesting to someone at all. Where does the confidence come from?

I can so completely relate to this... :/ I analyze everything I say so much and even when I write an email or type a post, I re-read it at least 3 or 4 times before posting to make sure it sounds right. And then I usually read it a few more times after posting, just to be sure. And often I will edit things after the fact to hopefully avoid potential misunderstandings. >.<

I worry a lot about what people think of me. Too much. I know I'm weird, but I still want people to like me... even if I'd rather not be around them 99% of the time. >.>

I'm an introvert.  I used to be extreme with it where I didn't want to associate with anyone but I got over that, to the point where it's just small doses.  But I do have social anxiety and I hate having it.

Fun fact!  Introverts and Extroverts brains are wired differently and they perceive the world in different ways.  Check this out, it's really interesting.

0bd0a690933eb22f00515e9a1cf81c87.jpg

Edited by shy0wl
  • Brohoof 3

For me, I tend to go both ways depending on the situation, and of course my current feeling at the time. I don't really know which way I lean more towards, because I like a nice mixture of friend time and alone time.

I do get a lot of energy from real-life personal interactions, which can be easily seen at my work environment. I am extremely outgoing there, and talk and joke with my co-workers quite a bit. I get along pretty well with all of them. However, sometimes at work I just like to ignore them all and just... ya know, work. Talking and stuff doesn't really slow my work down, though. It does for my co-workers, who are all probably extroverts, but nothing I can do about that.

There are many times where I also enjoy just sitting alone, not really being bothered by anyone. I don't really get that so much, since I come home from work and my Fiance is always there, but it's still close enough to be satisfying. Besides, I enjoy her company regardless of what time it is.