Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you an introvert or Extrovert?

Haruhi-chan

Introvert, Extrovert or in Between?  

166 users have voted

1. 1. Introvert, Extrovert or in Between?

• Introvert
    • In Between
    • Extrovert

I can so completely relate to this... :/ I analyze everything I say so much and even when I write an email or type a post, I re-read it at least 3 or 4 times before posting to make sure it sounds right. And then I usually read it a few more times after posting, just to be sure. And often I will edit things after the fact to hopefully avoid potential misunderstandings. >.<

I worry a lot about what people think of me. Too much. I know I'm weird, but I still want people to like me... even if I'd rather not be around them 99% of the time. >.>

Exhausting, isn't it? I've been trying to force myself to stop caring. I know it sounds kinda callous but i want to literally not care about everyone else's feelings anymore. Why do I care SO much about everybody else and whether I'm making someone uncomfortable or what they think of me? All it does is keep me in a mental prison. All I can come up with is that a LONG time ago I felt like I wanted to always be the "sweet girl" who never got out of line or inconvenienced everyone. I still don't want to do either of those two but geez I want to just be free of the shackles of worrying how I will look to someone 1000000000% of the time.
  • Brohoof 1

This is rather a confusing thing for me. I consider myself an introvert because I keep to myself a lot and will not speak to others, but I will speak if spoken to, which can be rather lengthy convos. For example, I won't talk to one of my friends that I've known for half my life much, but I'm able to hold down at least a five minute chat with a forty year old man who I've never seen before until that point in time. Yeah that's how things are confusing for me.

I'm pretty introverted, though it can be hard to tell when I'm online (which is all the time x3)... too much social interacting can wear me out easily, to the point where I need a lot of time to recharge.

• Brohoof 1

I can so completely relate to this... :/ I analyze everything I say so much and even when I write an email or type a post, I re-read it at least 3 or 4 times before posting to make sure it sounds right. And then I usually read it a few more times after posting, just to be sure. And often I will edit things after the fact to hopefully avoid potential misunderstandings. >.<

I worry a lot about what people think of me. Too much. I know I'm weird, but I still want people to like me... even if I'd rather not be around them 99% of the time. >.>

Exhausting, isn't it? I've been trying to force myself to stop caring. I know it sounds kinda callous but i want to literally not care about everyone else's feelings anymore. Why do I care SO much about everybody else and whether I'm making someone uncomfortable or what they think of me? All it does is keep me in a mental prison. All I can come up with is that a LONG time ago I felt like I wanted to always be the "sweet girl" who never got out of line or inconvenienced everyone. I still don't want to do either of those two but geez I want to just be free of the shackles of worrying how I will look to someone 1000000000% of the time.

I think there is a healthy middle ground here. Worrying too much can make one paranoid, but worrying too little can make one a jerk. But I think that the only way to overcome shyness is to face it. Start slow, only among people you are comfortable with, and try to avoid any topics that can stir up controversy. Try to not care, but not in a callous way, but in a way that you are aware that people will not think down of you or if they do criticize it is because they want your good. If that is not how they behave, them maybe they are not the people you should have as friends.

Edited by Sunwalker
  • Brohoof 2

Definitely an extrovert here! 

Though it's not as easy as you'd think getting on with others online due to the distance. Hence why you see less Extroverts online methinks. But there's a few of us out there!

I just prefer to talk to people in person! :P

I think there is a healthy middle ground here. Worrying too much can make one paranoid, but worrying too little can make one a jerk. But I think that the only way to overcome shyness is to face it. Start slow, only among people you are comfortable with, and try to avoid any topics that can stir up controversy. Try to not care, but not in a callous way, but in a way that you are aware that people will not think down of you or if they do criticize it is because they want your good. If that is not how they behave, them maybe they are not the people you should have as friends.

I know what you mean. For example yesterday I had an interaction with another employee at my work that I have known for three years, granted our jobs do not have us collaborate in any way really. But this person interviewed me and everything. Anyway, she acted towards me as if she had no idea who I am and proceeded to check my office plaque to see what my name was while standing in front of me. I think it was kind of rude to reveal so blatantly that she doesn't know me. The rest of the interaction was not any improvement. I'd love to just not give a shit so hard that I literally could be rude to ppl to their face and not care whatsoever but I just cannot find it in me. It's one thing to not know someone's name but when that is me, I at least hide that and then find out their name later.

Edited by Lexamena
  • Brohoof 1

I don't know... I think I fall on the extrovert side. It still very much depends... Certain crowds of people I will have no problem with interacting with right off the bat, whereas others I'm just very standoffish. But generally when I'm outside of the house I like to be around other people (with the exception of when I'm working - outside of breaks and lunch, but that's because I do my work a very specific way!)... In fact, I get very bored and seek social interaction through other means if I don't have anyone.

Well I mean, since I am quite introverted, you could say that I'm more of an introvert. Right? :DSorry ...

But yeah, super introverted, without a doubt.

--

Late edit: I got a 2 on that test thing down below. What a surprise. :P

Edited by Vert
  • Brohoof 1

I'm 100% an introvert. Luckily, I can pull off extroversion, but yeah, I'd always prefer to quietly do my own thing in my room or with 1 or 2 friends rather than go out to some huge party.

Im EXTREMELY introvert...

Really...its so extreme that multiple people from multiple schools and workplaces said i should go to a Therapist.

But..i dont really want to...talk...to a Therapist  :lol:

Currently i have Zero Reallive Friends and the ones i had, i lost contact with or they get bored of me..pretty fast.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say i'm an introvert who has mastered social encounters. Or, I've developed into a bit of an ambivert.

A perfect afternoon for me would be to spend time at home, playing some video games, listening to music, solving a crossword puzzle, or reading a book. I also enjoy the occassional going out with my best friends, seeing a movie or just hanging out eating pizza. I dislike large groups because of the sheer amount of people in them. I prefer to focus a lot of attention over a small number of people.

Occasionally, one of my friends would invite me out to an outing. I can do it, and I often try to even if my gut feeling tells me I won't like it, just for the sake of challenge. I can easily take charge, start conversations, debate with others, and initiate social encounters because I had prior experience with these and I don't feel out of my element. However, these tend to tire me out after a while, leaving me mentally spent rather quickly. I don't depend on anyone during social interactions, and I shrug off uncomfortable feelings if I have them.

I'm fairly introverted and shy when you first see me but when I get to know people I open up more and become a bit more extroverted so I'd say I'm in between.  

I am more introverted than extroverted definitely, but I feel that I might be more inbetween. Social events and gatherings exhaust me, and I'd rather not go. But for example, I am in the band, we meet up for camp, practices, etc. And I might talk to someone for the time being. But only because we are already there. Why not talk while we are at it? I feel I am one of those people who most likely will not talk to you unless you're in my class, or in this case, band section.

I did this test:

http://psychologytoday.tests.psychtests.com/take_test.php?idRegTest=1311

(@, I suggest you to try it also)

and I got 54 which is kind of a mix. Anything below 50 is introvert and anything above 50 is extrovert. So according to the test I am a liiiiiiiiiittle bit more extrovert but yeah I voted for in between.

Here's my results from the test:

Sociability

According to your results you appear to be the type of person who doesn't socialize very often. You likely have a limited social network, and possibly aren't really interested in extending it beyond a few close and intimate friendships. Having an active social life doesn't appear to be an important thing to you. Chances are that when the opportunity arises to socialize among a large group of people, you'll most likely turn it down if possible. This doesn't necessarily mean you don't enjoy socializing or being around people. Rather, you tend to prefer spending time with smaller groups of friends. Individuals who score similarly to you typically aren't conversation-starters, especially with people they aren't familiar with. In addition, they aren't known to be exceptionally outgoing, unless among close friends.

I'm actually surprised! I thought it would be a bit higher... I guess I'm even more of an introvert than I thought! >.>

Although I will say that the text description of my score is very accurate. There are two people that I actually prefer spending time with (in person) over being alone, and that is my husband and my best friend James (ZeldaSage). They are the only people that I would rather spend time with than be by myself. :fluttershy:

Edited by Kelaria
  • Brohoof 1

I did this test:

http://psychologytoday.tests.psychtests.com/take_test.php?idRegTest=1311

(@, I suggest you to try it also)

and I got 54 which is kind of a mix. Anything below 50 is introvert and anything above 50 is extrovert. So according to the test I am a liiiiiiiiiittle bit more extrovert but yeah I voted for in between.

I think I got a ten? O_o This is what my result said:

"According to your results you appear to be the type of person who doesn't socialize very often. You likely have a limited social network, and possibly aren't really interested in extending it beyond a few close and intimate friendships. Having an active social life doesn't appear to be an important thing to you. Chances are that when the opportunity arises to socialize among a large group of people, you'll most likely turn it down if possible. This doesn't necessarily mean you don't enjoy socializing or being around people. Rather, you tend to prefer spending time with smaller groups of friends. Individuals who score similarly to you typically aren't conversation-starters, especially with people they aren't familiar with. In addition, they aren't known to be exceptionally outgoing, unless among close friends."

It sounds about right. I'm the type who likes to have a few close friends rather than a bunch of them all at once. I'm not much into socializing unless I want to be (Just yesterday at my Doctor's appointment, I was actually very talkative with a complete stranger, and then to the male nurse there). I do socialize, yes... but it's usually when I WANT to. If people start talking to me first, I often get overwhelmed and have to shy away. Most of it depends on my mood and what the person is talking about too. I think a lot of it comes from me being autistic. I often find myself talking about things that interest me or something rather than what the other person wants to discuss. It's a common trait in autistic people.

The one in the middleish

Ambivert

Tbh it kinda sucks because you dont have the introverts peace all the time but you get worn out by people quicker than full extroverts

Ah well

I do personality tests every month or two to see how I progress, and I'm nearly always on the middle point.