Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web Youtube pranksters: funny or stupid?

Rainbow    Dash

I was watching some pranks compilations on youtube and most of them were just plain awful. I saw RomanAtwood and Vitalyztv which were the examples of good pranksters on youtube. I saw a Sam Pepper video which made me cringed. As you may or may not know he was filed on some pretty messed up charges and found guilty.

Most of these self proclaimed youtube pranksters are not pranksters at all. They are just idiots seeing how much illegal stuff they can do before laughing and saying its a joke. One video was this dude asking if people wanted to buy guns from him, only to show they were water guns. 

Whats even more moronic is they went to ghettos and asked people this. Now, we all know ghettos see there fair share of violence, drug deals gone wrong, and swat raids. People in ghettos arent exactly chill about guns, random fights or someone dressed up as a killer with a fake gun. 

So theres at least three different youtube pranksters who do this kind of stuff. They go into the 'hood' and come off as hostile. When people try to protect themselves or punch the people away from them the pranksters get all upset and say its a prank.

I'm wondering do people find this funny or do they just watch to see the cocky, unfunny, nimrods get rekt? 

• Brohoof 1

More often than not, pranksters on YouTube tend to cross the line between just having a laugh to being downright sociopathic, which is why I don't watch them. In a few years, I can guarantee that there'll eventually be a prank video where the uploader will tie up a random stranger, convince them that they're going to die in the worst way, and then have the guy come out and say, "Yo, it's a joke, brah."

Edited by Blackened
  • Brohoof 2

It's up to the perception of the ones viewing the viddy...  I mean, on the one hand, we have the "Bloopers & Practical Jokes" set, which have in mind the possible outcomes, safety and all around purpose of the prank in mind when it comes to doing so, and they execute it well.

... then you have the "Jackass" set.  Pranks that are usually cruel, painful and just plain chock full of "HEY WATCH ME DO SOMETHING STUPID SO I'LL GET THE WATCH!" 

Perpetuating the watching of the second kind will lead to the extinction of the first kind.  Ergo, don't watch stupidity; that's what Prime Time television is for, after all.

• Brohoof 2

I agree with the comments above. If the pranks are done in good taste, and are minor, then they can be funny. But most of the pranksters on YouTube that I've seen have done outright cruel things for the sake of "laughs". I feel bad for people who are traumatized by them.

• Brohoof 4

I recently saw video of a YouTube prankster named Riceman tell people on a school campus that he was going to shoot them; only to reveal that he meant take a picture of them. This prank was not only insensitive; it was plain wrong. One man ran behind a tree fearing for his life; and in another incident, a person in a car pulled out a gun on him in a campus parking lot.

Like others have already said, YouTube pranks -- when done in good taste -- are often funny. But then you have the borderline psychopaths (like the one mentioned above) that find making people fear for their lives means for a "good" laugh. These people should be avoided.

• Brohoof 3

I remember these people on Machinima making fun of this guy who as a "prank" had a problem with everything everyone was saying, kind of like this:

"Hey man, what's up?"

"Nothing much."

"YO WHAT U JUST SAY 2 ME!?!?!?!?!"

The last prank I saw that I really liked was the one where people ate loudly in the library XD Now that's funny! I don't think begging for people to punch you in the face is funny though.

• Brohoof 1

Another class of pranks that are ok with me are the whole Prank it forwards kind. Where deserving people get pranked but then the get like a new car or there student loan is paid off. 

TheAngryGrandpaShow
I still think this is fake, but its still really funny. Have you watched the one where Pickleboy pretends to love crossdressing and Angry Grandpa drove him around embarrassing him? GOLDEN COMEDY right there XD

I don't like many prank channels, they are mostly awful, but you wanna know one I absolutely love? howtoPRANKitup and Dennis Roady, man I love those channels (and yes they are the same person :P)

a YouTube prankster named Riceman tell people on a school campus that he was going to shoot them; only to reveal that he meant take a picture of them.

Sweet mother of jesus what is wrong with that guy?! I'm surprised he didn't get arrested as school shootings are sort of common. If he did that at my school, only to tell me it was a prank, I would have bucking destroyed his camera xD

Edited by Alpha Hedge
  • Brohoof 1

Another class of pranks that are ok with me are the whole Prank it forwards kind. Where deserving people get pranked but then the get like a new car or there student loan is paid off.

I still think this is fake, but its still really funny. Have you watched the one where Pickleboy pretends to love crossdressing and Angry Grandpa drove him around embarrassing him? GOLDEN COMEDY right there XD

XD I love that one, it's so funny.

I was watching some pranks compilations on youtube and most of them were just plain awful. I saw RomanAtwood and Vitalyztv which were the examples of good pranksters on youtube. I saw a Sam Pepper video which made me cringed. As you may or may not know he was filed on some pretty messed up charges and found guilty.

Most of these self proclaimed youtube pranksters are not pranksters at all. They are just idiots seeing how much illegal stuff they can do before laughing and saying its a joke. One video was this dude asking if people wanted to buy guns from him, only to show they were water guns. 

Whats even more moronic is they went to ghettos and asked people this. Now, we all know ghettos see there fair share of violence, drug deals gone wrong, and swat raids. People in ghettos arent exactly chill about guns, random fights or someone dressed up as a killer with a fake gun. 

So theres at least three different youtube pranksters who do this kind of stuff. They go into the 'hood' and come off as hostile. When people try to protect themselves or punch the people away from them the pranksters get all upset and say its a prank.

I'm wondering do people find this funny or do they just watch to see the cocky, unfunny, nimrods get rekt? 

IT'S A PRANK BRO, JUST A PRANK, CHILL!

• Brohoof 2

Stupid. I hate it when they suffer consequences for being annoying and they always yell "IT'S JUST A PRANK DUDE, IT'S JUST A PRANK!" As if that's going to excuse them from being a dick.

• Brohoof 3

are the only ones I've ever really cared for.  

Although, a lot of the pranks they pull would probably get them shot and/or arrested if they tried them in the United States.

Edited by J. Brony

I remember watching one where they went to a bad neighborhood and took people's phones out of their hands as a "prank". They got shocked when the victims reacted by attacking them and taking their phones back, but what the hell do you expect when you take someone's expensive device with all of their personal information on it?

I do enjoy watching impractical jokers, though that's a TV show and not a YouTube channel. They usually pull funny pranks on people like asking them weird questions or putting on fake seminars with ridiculous contents in front of an unsuspecting audience.

Edited by Mouse

Most of them I don't enjoy. Prank calls though... I like prank calls! Mainly the ones with impressionists doing the voice of a character or celebrity. But most other prank videos aren't that funny. Like, public pranks, I don't like them. I simply don't find them funny, unless they go wrong and prankster gets beaten up or something XD I did see one video where a man pretended to fart on people's heads when they were tying their shoelaces or something, and one guy completely freaked out and threw the poor guy on the floor.

Edited by Wolves