Will the show end with the movie?

CastletonSnob

MLP:FiM is the best show in discovery family. we don't know when it ends.

The Amazing World Of Gumball is the greatest CartoonNetwork show, it may end in the very future.

Spongbob SquarePants is the greatest show for Nick., It didn't ended after 8 years.

Maybe, MLP:FiM will end in the very very future.

Edited by Shape-Shift
  • Brohoof 1

I think that MLP:FIM should end with the movie. Because we all know what happened to Spongebob after the first movie, it became a steaming pile of garbage and if MLP continues after the movie, it would follow in the path of Spongebob and The Simpsons.

Edited by superdogz1999
  • Brohoof 3

I hope it ends with the movie. I'd rather the show ended on some memorable magnum opus rather than being bled dry and looked back on with contempt, if not forgotten.

Edited by SpaceOnion
  • Brohoof 9

Yeah, I'm pretty sure its going to be the end of it. The way they seem to be stretching out S5 makes me think they're wanting to pad the seasons long enough to last up until the movie, with it acting as the grand finale for FIM.

I think at that point Hasbro will call it good due to how many reruns they got from the show, and pull the plug: At the same time I expect they'll direct all funds they were using for FIM to make an Equestria girls series.

I think that MLP:FIM should end with the movie. Because we all know what happened to Spongebob after the first movie, it became a steaming pile of garbage and if MLP continues after the movie, it would follow in the path of Spongebob and The Simpsons.

>implying that hadn't happened BEFORE the movie

:P

• Brohoof 3

Probably not. There is still a pretty big fan base.

Futurama says hello.

Also, yes i hope so as well. Let the show end on a high note, instead of keeping it going for 20 seasons, turning more and more into crap.

• Brohoof 3

I'm not sure why this seems to be such a popular hypothesis, but a lot of bronies seem to think g4 ends with this upcoming movie. :confused:

Nay, I highly doubt this is the end. If they were going to end the series, they probably wouldn't pull the plug on it with a big, hotly anticipated theatrical release. They're putting in a decent budget into this; far more than any Equestria Girls titles, and they could just as easily made a solid animated movie with a low budget and the usual flash animation and called it a day with that. No, they're making this to broaden the franchise, as was stated by a Hasbro executive, and to keep the appeal of the series going strong. It was only what, a year or so ago that Hasbro stated they wanted the series to continue for several more years? 2017 would be too soon. I suppose if the series hit a sharp decline and stopped being profitable that the movie could end up being the end, but I don't think the 2017 movie is in any way an intentional sendoff for the series.

• Brohoof 6

@Sugar Cube

I've said it before, but I kinda hope you're right. I guess only time will tell when the series will end and what will become of the fandom.

EDIT: Sorry, the forum was a little slow on my end, so I "multi-posted". 

Edited by PGNatsu
  • Brohoof 1

I hope it ends with a bang maybe with this movie or a great finale and not dragged on like The Simpsons. Cause wow The Simpsons it's not like it used to be. It was fun,original and memorable. Now? It just a cow that can't be put down. And i don't want to see that happen to MLP.

It would be better for this show to end with a bang rather than continue onward as a zombie of a show, continuing to be milked dry.

Plus even if it ends with the movie that would mean the show would have lasted for 7 years! Which for a cartoon is a good if not pretty lengthy time for a show to last.

Also about wanting G4 to last longer it could always just mean the toyline (which for a Hasbro product like MLP is pretty important) rather than just continuing the show.

Edited by cmarston1

FIM has plenty of untapped potential like the other characters. The movie would be a way to do a major change like shifting away from the Mane 6 and getting another group of ponies to take the stage.

There could be more elements out there besides the current 6 and we get a new ponies that use them.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

It could, I personally hope it doesn't. I'd like to see at least one or two seasons still, even after the movie. I think there's plenty of potential left in this show, and I'd hate to see it end too early.

It's not like the show would just automatically suck after the movie, I'm getting tired of the comparisons to other shows like SpongeBob/Simpsons/Family Guy/Whatever. The "It happened to them, so it will happen here!" is illogical. Getting a movie won't instantly make the show degrade in quality, if that did happen, it would be because of other factors, that hopefully won't happen.

Edited by BasementPinkie
  • Brohoof 3

Since they already produced Ouja, a ( as i heard ) mediocre horror movie without anything new that got either bad or mixed reviews and they still want to make a sequel only because it was successful...

I really think they do the same with Mlp.

If the Movie is going to be successful, they make more. I mean My Little Pony is one of their main products and one of the more popular and successful ones.

They most likely will not end it just like that.

And even if the Movie would be the final entry, its just a madder of time before they make G5 or some hollywood producer wants to reboot the whole thing and ad explosions to it like it happened to transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles  :lol:

Mlp ended already 3 Times. And every time it did, it became a reboot at some point.

As long as it sells, i think there is gonna be more. At some point.

Or think about Littlest Pet Shop. They also had a original older series that aired years ago and was cancelled...and than it also was just rebooted at some point and now has a successful new series.

EDIT :

( Yeah, i just remembered that, unlike me, the others dont count the older shows as having a connection to g4, but...as i said, as long as its still successful, i think they will be more FIM, i mean look at the simpsons...or south park :blink:  )

Edited by .hack//SUNSET

I'm pretty sure it isn't, but it's still possible. In 2014, they confirmed it would last for at least another 5 years, so that means at least until 2019, which is 2 years after the movie comes out. I would like it to last a little longer because I didn't start watching the show until 2014, but my real hope is that the fandom won't die after the show ends. I'm pretty sure it won't though because there are still Star Trek conventions even though there hasn't been a Star Trek show for 10 years. Same thing can be said about other fandoms.

• Brohoof 2

I really hope MLP:FiM doesn't end after the movie!  SpongeBob SquarePants had a movie after about 5 seasons, and it's still going strong now, after over a DECADE, with new episodes!  Also, there are a lot more MLP fans out there than SpongeBob; MLP for eternity!!!

Edited by Bart1002