Why should FiM have gore in it?

Spikey-Wikey

I don't want gore in the show, but having said that...

It would have been outstanding to see Rarity clear Rainbow of a murder rap! I do love a good murder mystery.

"Darling, I happen to know that Rainbow Dash only wears aluminum horse shoes. The fatal blow was delivered by a pony wearing old school IRON shoes!"

"How can you tell that?"

"Two reasons, Inspector Saddle. Aluminum wouldn't splinter bone so completely."

"And the second?"

Rarity pointed a hoof at the victim's mane. "Flecks of iron oxide clinging to the roots. In other words, my dear Inspector, RUST!"

• Brohoof 3

Personally, hypothetically, I'd love to see a rated R remake of the show.  Same episodes, but with gore and profanity and stuff, just because that would be so freaking HILARIOUS.  But no, no, of course I want the show to stay exactly as is.

Maybe one day Hasbro will go nuts and decide to torpedo their own company and just make some Smile HD type thing and air it on tv.  That'd be funny, huh?

I would be OK if cuts and other minor injuries were shown with a simple small red line on the character's body, instead of having nothing or outline-colored scuff marks like we do now. But beyond that, no thanks!

However, something tells me there are laws in several countries that say Y-7 shows are forbidden from showing any real blood at all, even if it's just a cut.

Spike's faked scene with the mouse was pretty funny though - it was so over the top gory I couldn't help but laugh!  :lol:

Did they specifically state they wanted gore in the official show? As much as I wouldn't mind seeing Diamond Tiara die a gory death (I may even make fanart of it eventually), I definitely would not want such thing to actually happen in official show.

They didn't specifically say it, but I'm sure they meant it.

I think you are straw manning the argument quite a bit here. It may be present in fanfiction, and there are those select few individuals who wish death upon ponies for whatever reason while claiming to like the show, but its hardly a prevalent topic of discussion. One of the first fanworks I ever saw was Cupcakes, and I do enjoy grimdark fics, but I'm more than aware that such things will never happen in the show. 

Is this a common thing tos ee among bronies or something? Cus I never see it. o_o I have actually never seen any brony say that the show should have some sort of gore. Obviously it would never happen anyways. I have seen some people that enjoy fanfics that have such violence in them, but that is fine really. 

The show does not need over the top violence in any way, it would serve no purpose.