What is love

Cold Start

Listen, Morty, I hate to break it to you but what people call "love" is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed.

It hits hard, Morty, then it slowly fades, leaving you stranded in a failing marriage. I did it. Your parents are gonna do it. Break the cycle, Morty. Rise above. Focus on science.

You beat me to it. But yes. I love this. 

• Brohoof 1

image_zpse399e31b.jpg

What fun is there in making sense?

Please take the time to check out my Etsy Shop or help support my art on Patreon

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, here we go...

Love is PAIN.  Love is ANGER.  Love is WEARY.  Love is HARD.  Love is love.

Love is PAIN: There is no other emotion that can drag you through the shards of agony like love can.  You love your pet; when it dies, your pain is the love you have in your heart, crying out in absolute misery because you will NEVER get to interact with that pet you loved so much again, or at least not in this lifetime.  Love is what makes a parent spank their child when they have earned it, because that is a lesson they are trying to teach with pain when nothing else works (as spankings SHOULD be a last resort), and it's pain for the parent as they don't want to hurt their child, yet they love them enough for them to want to learn the lesson while they still can without major consequences. 

Love is ANGER: No one else on the face of this planet will have the power to make you angrier than the ones you love.  They have spent so much time around you, they know which buttons to push for greatest effect.  What's more, the only reason they are capable of such is because you have allowed them to get under your skin and into your heart - and that's where all the soft nerve tissue is.  Love is why you get angry when you argue with your sweetheart; the fact of who is right or wrong doesn't matter - you're trying to show them your side, because you are afraid their side is wrong, and you want to spare them that grief... and you're pissed because they won't listen to you.

Love is WEARY: Real, in-your-face love has to really push to maintain - and that means YOU have to really push to maintain.  You won't get a break from it, you won't get time off for good behavior, and you won't get any naps; it is a CONSTANT battle - with yourself, with friends, with life, with family, with the world... but when done properly, love has the stamina to push through the most brutal moments and/or individuals, regardless of how strong they appear to be.  Love is where, even though you are MILES from home, and you feel like you can't take one more step, you do anyway... and then you keep stepping.

Love is HARD: To make a real romantic relationship work, it will take CONSTANT attention, sacrifice and hard work to make it happen.  Divorce is easy - making it all work out in the end is the hard road.  But, truth be told, it's one of the few things in life that can actually end up being worth all the effort in the long run... but you can't just sit back and let your darling do all the work, or they'll go do it for someone who'll appreciate it more.  Love is having to struggle and shove and sweat through the most trying, difficult moments - and those moments can come at any time, and they don't EVER stop coming; they DO get easier to handle with time, though.

Love is love.  There is nothing else more painful... more aggravating... more tiring... more difficult... 

... or more worthwhile.  <3

• Brohoof 1

=====  ( 0=====

Fnord.

• 2 years later...

How appropriate that this thread appears now?

Anyway, I just wanted to say that love is a great feeling! It is a great feeling, but it is also a very complex feeling and as I've learned, love is a lot more than two love birds on a balcony kissing in the night sky... Love is very much an adventure, and it can either make or break someone.

It is because of that feeling, and listening to it, that I found the girl I love, and that I constantly remind myself that I would truly do anything for her... At the same time, though, as I'm sure anyone who has been through a long distance relationship will relate to, it is the reason why I miss her so much whenever she is not around, and why I'd fly all the way to the Philippines just to see her... Raven, if you are reading this, I just wanted to let you know that, throughout this insane year, I have never stopped loving you, and if you come back, I'll be there and ready for you...

Love is also what happens when you have that strange feeling of happiness whenever you see someone close to you, and you know real love when you feel it... However, in order to love, you must first learn to love yourself... Love can make you miss someone, love can make you angry, love can make you happy, love can be confusing, and it can also be deceptive...

To anyone reading this, I hope you find that special someone for you at some point in your life, and you never know, it could happen today, tomorrow, the day after, or whenever, really, because love does also like to be very unexpected...

• Brohoof 2

Aspiring animator/illustrator, founder of MLPF's Lighthoof and Shimmy Shake fan club!

"The magic of friendship grows"

1 hour ago, luftschloss said:

Okay. I saw this topic and I came here to say "Baby don't hurt me," but I guess I was beaten to the chase.

I literally just heard that song for the first time in ages at the grocery store about half an hour ago.

Last time was this sketch in an old 90s rerun of Saturday Night Live:

Now that is what I call love. :pout:

• Brohoof 3

img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-

Signature by Kyoshi

• 3 weeks later...

"love" is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard dude.

msg-8308-0-18136900-1455052790.png
Signature by Kiyoshi, Avatar by Ruhisu. We rise only to fall to rise again.

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of my security questions.... I don't know what I was thinking when I selected it because I don't know the answer to it :confused: .

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

Sig by Wolf, Handwriting by SparklingSwirls

• 2 weeks later...