Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which pony pictures should i use to make a shirt?

Rainbowdash_82

If it's going onto something that you'll be wearing, then it would depend on who your favorite pony is. 

and since you account says it's rainbow   :ph34r: , I gues you could just go to deviant art and type in Rainbow Dash and look at fan art till ya find one you like enough to put on a shirt. 

or you could always use a screen cap of her from your favorite episode.  :wub: 

personally if I was gonna make an RD shirt with a picture I would use one of these. 

the fandom has such good art.   -_-

iw0Cstm.pngiOqkBlE.pngH2sINGD.jpg

fj1IXkP.png

• Brohoof 1

This sounds like stealing from artists. Sure you can do this and its an awesome idea, but you shouldnt use any old image because the artists dont get the money for it and they get their art stolen. Although, I guess its fine if you just do it for yourself and dont try to sell it for profit.

• Brohoof 4

This sounds like stealing from artists. Sure you can do this and its an awesome idea, but you shouldnt use any old image because the artists dont get the money for it and they get their art stolen. Although, I guess its fine if you just do it for yourself and dont try to sell it for profit.

Yea i'm just going to do it for myself

@, you may still want to ask the artist for permission, honestly. It might not be a nice feeling for them to potentially see their art used in such a way without their knowledge, and without any kind of credit or mention. It's a different story when you pay them to make an image for you, but if they're doing it for themselves or for some other reason, it's not good to assume they would be cool with it.

That and if you're having it printed just for yourself, their art is being used in a financial exchange where the t-shirt printing company gets funds by using the artist's design. Even if you don't sell the shirt, another group is getting paid for a process that involves their art that they never signed off on being okay to use.

Or if you're like, doing this entirely at home with fabric markers and such... eh. I think it'd still be a plus to ask, just as tracing artwork isn't cool in a lot of contexts.

Edited by SFyr
  • Brohoof 1

@, you may still want to ask the artist for permission, honestly. It might not be a nice feeling for them to potentially see their art used in such a way without their knowledge, and without any kind of credit or mention. It's a different story when you pay them to make an image for you, but if they're doing it for themselves or for some other reason, it's not good to assume they would be cool with it.

That, and their art is being used in a financial exchange where the t-shirt printing company gets funds by using the artist's design. Even if you don't sell the shirt, another group is getting paid for a process that involves their art that they never signed off on being okay to use.

Or if you're like, doing this entirely at home with fabric markers and such... eh. I think it'd still be a plus to ask, just as tracing artwork isn't cool in a lot of contexts.

Yea that would be a good idea, but i'm using some pictures of rainbow dash I had stored on my computer But I will ask the owner of the 1st one to let me print it on a shirt for personal use.

• Brohoof 1

There is a fine line however.  Rainbow dash is copyrighted by hasbro.  Although I do aggree you need to credit/ask the artist for their work

Edited by alpinefroggy
  • Brohoof 1

There is a fine line however.  Rainbow dash is copyrighted by hasbro.  Although I do aggree you need to credit/ask the artist for their work

Omg I know right, and now I need to ask hasbro, and they would probably say no :(

Hello everypony, i'm want to make a sweater with a pony picture on it but I don't know which pictures to choose from. Can anyone help me?

Hi, as this thread is about making a shirt I have decided to move it over to the other section in creative resources where you will hopefully be able to get more tips from your fellow creative ponies.

(edited)

Yup can everypony tell me how to make the edges from the picture stick to the shirt? Do I have to sew it on, glue it, etc?

I suggest getting this shirt: http://www.redbubble.com/people/bamboodog/works/8236355-flowing-rainbow?grid_pos=5&p=t-shirt

It's Rainbow Dash, but it almost costs $30. Yes, it's cheaper to take the design and print it on a single shirt, like on CustomInk, but that's a no-no. Please, buy a shirt from the artist and don't make it yourself :)

What happens if I make a vector of rainbow dash? Well, ok I will buy it, I really want a rainbow dash sweater :)

OOO Those shirts look simply divine  :wub:  :love:  Im really going to buy one :) 

Edited by RlikesRainbowdash