Why so much electronic music from the fandom?

ManaMinori

That was sarcasm, like half of the posts I've made here.

Top kek, there is no font for sarcasm by friend, which is the same problem pewdiepie had on a certain nate talks to you video.

because most don't have the talent to do it orchestral, simply enough.

Or the money.

To have something sound good orchestrally, you need very good samples, sometimes a gig a sample, and that software can cost thousands of dollars. Believe me I know.. I've been there. I am a bit of a music snob in that aspect - there are certain things also I wouldn't even touch back in the day, like trying to emulate guitar, because emulated guitar just sucks generally.

Electronic music is cheap/free, and generally sounds better - and is easier to make, and I say that as a person who has made both. A lot more mixing and mastering goes into orchestral (to make it actually sound good) - not to say electronica doesn't sound good or take effort, it's just a different kind of effort.

Also once you develop a style you can reuse it over and over.

Here is an example I did where simple filtering can take a really bad sample, and make it into something wonderful:

Edited by Chronamut
  • Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

There is one very important reason...

v0m6o25.jpg

also ease of creation. I think electronic music can be created with great quality without much need for the efforts that other genres have to go through. 

I browse EqD on a daily basis, and seems like a majority of the music featured from the fandom is electronic. Why is that? Why does it seem like no one is willing to make music with good ol instruments (preferably rock, metal, things with nice electric guitars, bass, drums....)

This is more pop rock, but uses actual instruments nicely, along with not too shabby vocals.

Also, can anyone point me in the direction of anything resembling a Japanese Equestria Daily, or site where Jap. Music from the fandom is featured?

I have the exact same complaint. I think it's so electronic because that's how people like music these days. music was about passion, actual music and effort but now it's a few words from one person, a heck load of autotune instead of singing and computers. I think brony music is still music so it will probably follow the same trends as mainstream music. it's essentially the mane attraction. from emotion to electronic, passion to profit, feelings to fakes, singing to sellout, music to money, effort to evil. okay, that was a tad off topic and exaggerated but that is what is happening at the moment. It's probably because it's easier to make. one computer, maybe for free, any time, more credit, etc versus an ensemble of people that might want paying, can only record at certain times or might be difficult to transport.

Electronic music is "in" right now. It's also easier to make. While it is still challenging to make a good electronic track, it's easier than with regular instruments because you don't have to deal with learning how to play it, and getting a quality recording of it.