Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Different Personality Types

AnArtisticPontato

Y'know, it's crazy just how many types of people there are. Even if two people are related, they usually are still very different. I know everyone is different, but I've been pondering the reason behind this. If anyone has the answer, please let me know

• Brohoof 3

yeah its  so many different people out there =)

Y'know, it's crazy just how many types of people there are. Even if two people are related, they usually are still very different. I know everyone is different, but I've been pondering the reason behind this. If anyone has the answer, please let me know

• Brohoof 2

yeah its  so many different people out there =)

Reason why everyone is so different is that everybody have different parents, history, where they live is different and everything like that changes what you are.

For example my two good friends up there ; ooBrony and Cerberus =) Thank you for being my friend =) '''

• Brohoof 2

I think that there're many factors in this.

There's "hardware", like your brain, the meat conducting electricity and the way it's resonating information between your synapses.

And there's "software". Your brain uses the information already stored on it to it's advantage. Your memories, experiences, awe, love, inspiration, envy, hatred... are both affected from one another and are constantly evolving using the information you extrapolate from the outside. Your personality is always changing, adapting, mutating based on how the information on your brain was processed.

That's why seemingly identical people put to the same scenario might react so different from one another.

• Brohoof 1

As far as I know, there is no universally recognised consensus on how a personality is formed. Sorry.

Obviously, it's a mix of nature (genetics) and nurture (culture, upbringing, childhood experiences), but the exact proportions are a mystery wrapped in enigmas. Modern psychologsts are able to divide people into a few baskets of "personality types", according to their favourite method (Big 5, MRTI, Emmeagram, Eysenck, 4 temperaments, the list is looong). It helps to determine what is natural for the individual according to those types, and what is abnormal, but really there's a great deal of possibilities when working with types, from therapy to self improvement to accepting oneself to making more alluring commercials aimed at certain kinds of people.

I've read more articles on this subject than I'd like to admit, along with a few books and studies, so if you'd like to hear more about it, just tell me and I'll drown this thread in psychobabble (mwa ha ha ha!). Or not. Your call. It won't give you a definite answer anyway, just add a hundred more variables to consider.

I'll just point out that even identical twins are usually not identical in personality or even in plausibly biochemically founded interests like favorite foods.

My personal theory is that this is simply because, being two separate individuals, it's not possible to give them the exact same life experience. Even as children who stick together constantly, happenstance will cause different things to happen to one than the other, in addition to their interactions with one another leaning towards a red/blue oni relationship and their overall desire to be seen as individuals leading them to try different things from one another. Something as simple as wearing a different color so they can be told apart may cause a "butterfly effect" in their futures.

Of course, as adults, they will eventually be forcibly separated as they seek different jobs and different life partners, but this schism in their history happens much earlier than that.

• Brohoof 1

Apart from strictly biological, social and environmental factors, I can say that free will plays a big role. Each person has his own capability of making decisions, and eventually they end up deciding to take different paths.

The fact that different people on similar circumstances end up turning very different, is by itself an indicative that people are capable of choosing their own paths :).

• Brohoof 1

Everyone is unique in their own way. I think it's pretty much impossible to have two people that are the exact same. Not just in appearances, but feelings, experiences, and just about everything else. Even if you were to clone someone, I'm sure the clone wouldn't be 100% identical either. :twi:

And that's a good thing, in my opinion. If everyone was more or less the same, the world would be quite boring and monotone. :P

• Brohoof 2

Everyone is unique in their own way. I think it's pretty much impossible to have two people that are the exact same. Not just in appearances, but feelings, experiences, and just about everything else. Even if you were to clone someone, I'm sure the clone wouldn't be 100% identical either. :twi:

And that's a good thing, in my opinion. If everyone was more or less the same, the world would be quite boring and monotone. :P

I agree, it would be pretty boring.