Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do people ship?

cider float

Because some people just want their fantasies to come true? xD

And then there's those people that feel like they are sooo attached to a character that they don't want anything else to be shipped with them, that's kinda like with me and marble but marblemac is already canon so I'm going to go neck myself now...

• Brohoof 1

Tbh, I'm a little bit misandristic. So instead of enjoyably watching a Disney prince and a princess being together, I would prefer two princesses be together. I feel that sapphic relationship symbolizes equality and the love of human nature more than a heterosexual relationship can present. Watch an opinionated and loving sapphic couple are just fulfilling. But there ain't many sapphic couples in the show so I have to do a bit shipping. :rarity: It also gives me a sense of alternative reality. 

Maybe it's a reflection of dissatisfaction of relationship in reality. Or maybe they are just so cute together, like little girls want to place two plushies next to each another.

Edited by Osiria

Some people find it entertaining and fun to imagine things like what would it be like if specific characters were in a romantic relationship together, or draw fanart of them as a couple, and or making amv's about them as a couple.

Generally, because of human nature, humans beings enjoy dreaming, imagination and romance.. it's part of our make up, and it's a good thing, as it makes us creative and inventive, though it has a dark side as well, that's true of everything however.

That explains why so few bronies have fun with their shipping

Shipping is serious business... //sarcasm mode

I may love it, but it's rare to find people that won't try and tear your jugular out for liking a ship they don't.  :okiedokielokie:

I for one find hypothetical situations very interesting- so that probably contributes, and I also think shipping is a way to make canon characters more our own, since in every shipping the writer has to make assumptions about or alter the canon character(s).

I for one find hypothetical situations very interesting- so that probably contributes

THIS. All of the this.

I love hypotheticals. What if the character was this, what if the character was that...

• Brohoof 2

Probably because we're all romantics and all have at least one character in a show that we relate to (some to the point of saying "hey I'm just like...." ) and want to see the character they find attractive (or at least that they'd considered could be someone they could crush on if they don't) mate with the character they most relate to. Example; I'm a lot like spike, both personality wise and that I claim Rare as my waifu. I support Sparity mainly because it would be like me and Rare wedding even though it's spike and Rare (even though I have been known to replace spike with a more exact oc and kinda boot him out of the proverbial picture in favor of the ocxRare and call the lizard somewhat of a little bro in headcanon). 

• Brohoof 1

Because talented people use shipping to earn money. For example a standart plushies cost to the manufacturers are max 5$ of each but they ship a plushie almost between 30-40$ each because they know that fans love their imagination characters so much and manufacturers try to convert their love to the money. I think this situation should'nt abuse and costs must be a little cheaper.No need to be cruel so much... '''

• 2 weeks later...

Well I don't ship any of the mane six because I just couldn't imagine them having love interests, the show wouldn't be the same.

I ship Marble Pie and Big Macintosh and Derpy Hooves and Doctor Whooves because they would just be so good together *w*