Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Who is Pop Fly?

Sidral Mundet

So the Pony Christmas album is out for digital release right now and it contains songs sung by all the Mane 6 about Christmas, expect for one (okay two but ignore the Hearth's Carol for right now) and it's apparently sung by a person named Pop Fly.  To my knowledge there as not been a pony named Pop Fly in the show whatsoever.  So who is this mysterious colt and why does he get a solo on the album? 

Also sorry if this belongs in another forum discussion. 

Edited by Sidral Mundet

I don't think he's meant to actually be related to the show. Nothing about any of his lyrics even connects to the characters or setting of the show. I can't say how the production process went, but they probably somehow came up with a song, didn't really have any characters that fit the lyrics, so they made him up.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a background colt in several episodes with a baseball and bat as a cutie mark. Pop Fly may be referring to him. Fans, however, have taken to calling him First Base and speculate that he may be Flash Sentry's young brother due to the similarity in colour.

medium.png

• 1 month later...

It annoys me that people ignore the words to the song, Pop Fly is obviously a school pony, so he's probably the next pony the Cutie Mark Crusaders help figure out the true meaning of his cutie mark.