Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your bottom Season 5 episodes

CastletonSnob

Typically I try to be pretty lenient towards MLP episodes and I feel like there were a lot of really good episodes from this season so it was kind of hard for me to choose the Top 5 worst episodes of this season.  #5 and #4 are ones that I kind of have mixed feelings about, not really thinking of them as good or bad necessarily.  But anyways here are my 5 worst episodes.

#5.  Castle Sweet Castle:  Pretty predictable in certain areas though at the same time I felt it was a touching tribute to the destroyed Golden Oaks Library.

#4.  Party Pooped:  Frustratingly repetetive a lot of times but I did appreciate the development that was shown about how detailed and organized Pinkie Pie is when it came to making perfect parties for all her friends.

And here's where it all goes downhill.

#3.  Appleoosa's Most Wanted:  Too many OOC moments and the ending I thought was really kind of weak.

#2.  Rarity Investigates:  Painfully predictable.  I could tell exactly how it was going to end within the first couple of minutes.

And the #1 worst MLP Season 5 episode is...

#1  Princess Spike:  Oh god do I hate this episode.  Spike is a terrible character in this episode, getting completely carried away with the power he has in Twilight's absence and even using it for his own personal needs wants.

I honestly can't pick FIVE worst episodes since most episodes this series have been really good, although it's been a mixed bag of good and 'all right' episodes in my opinion.

My personal least favourites are 'Party Pooped' and 'What About Discord?'. 'Party Pooped' was just confusing; the storyline was all over the place and it didn't do anything worthwhile for Pinkie's character. 'What About Discord' I thought was boring, not as funny as it was supposed to be, and poorly written, although the moral was very relatable.

if I had to pick other bad episodes, I'd go for Slice of Life (simply because I'm not as obsessed with background ponies as most bronies, so it didn't interest me) and Canterlot Boutique (it was good but very forgettable).

Here it goes.

Appleloosas most wanted

Princess Spike

Do princesses dream of magical sheep

What about Discord?

The hoofields and mccolts

Party P***ed (I hate tnat word so much I'm censoring it).

Cheesy writing and storyline. Incredibly annoying characters. Awful title making it look like it's an episode of Sanjay and Craig. Just all around bad. It's rating from me is 5/10 (I try not to dislike any episode by giving it an under 5 rating.

Princess Spike 

Princess Spike is one extended idiot plot that could have easily been resolved if any character had half a brain. The ponies attending the summit are beyond entitled and/or childish and Spike is doomed to fail from the get go, despite the fact that any "abuse of power" wasn't the cause of the main problem, which ends up skewering the moral. 

Make New Friends, But Keep Discord

Anyone remember when Discord was an interesting character and not just a tool for the animators to cram in as many pop-cult references as possible? Doesn't help that I didn't care for Treehugger one bit.

Brotherhooves Social.

This is one of the very few episodes that I almost didn't finish. It's just wall-to-wall cringe, especially since I've seen this exact plot done before much better.

The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows

Cringey once more and one of the few marks on Pinkie's almost spotless character record this season.

• Brohoof 2

I honestly can't pick FIVE worst episodes since most episodes this series have been really good, although it's been a mixed bag of good and 'all right' episodes in my opinion.

My personal least favourites are 'Party Pooped' and 'What About Discord?'. 'Party Pooped' was just confusing; the storyline was all over the place and it didn't do anything worthwhile for Pinkie's character. 'What About Discord' I thought was boring, not as funny as it was supposed to be, and poorly written, although the moral was very relatable.

if I had to pick other bad episodes, I'd go for Slice of Life (simply because I'm not as obsessed with background ponies as most bronies, so it didn't interest me) and Canterlot Boutique (it was good but very forgettable).

HOLD ON I TAKE THAT BACK ABOUT SLICE OF LIFE, IT WAS ACTUALLY ONE OF MY FAVOURITES!! (sort of.)

1. Princess Spike

2. Hooffields and McColts

3. Apppleoosa's Most Wanted

4. Made in Manehattan

5. Brotherhooves Social

6. Canterlot Boutique (good episode objectively, just personally found it boring)

7. The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows

8. Castle Sweet Castle

9. Party Pooped

10. What About Discord

11. Bloom and Gloom

Rest were great

Edited by DashBandicoot

Appleoosa was incredibly mean-spirited; they not only shunned Troubleshoes, but also created the rumor of him being a wanted criminal in the first place.

Appleoosa was fine, then everything turns ugly (which also goes for the characters, even the ones I liked). Just like the flying city of Columbine, but we didn't expect that in a cartoon show like MLP.

I thought it was a western parody with a badass outlaw and some enjoyable humor, turns out to be the completely different. Made me little by little avoiding the show. Which is kinda sad, since I really liked the show.

Don't worry. I still like the Brony community and MLPforums, but that episode (also along with some others from S5) made me.... It's a bit hard to describe how I felt about that episode, I could swallow a lot of stuff but this.... left a really negative thought.

Edited by Limeblossom

To be honest, I haven't been loving this season. My bottom-most episode was "Slice of Life", but I also disliked "Princess Spike", "Tanks for the memories", "Party Pooped", and I was on the fence about a few episodes, like "What About Discord" and "Scare master", which just didn't quite meet expectations.

After the premiere, I thought the episodes that followed were kinda boring- Castle Sweet Castle, Bloom and Gloom, Tanks for the Memories, and Appleoosa's Most Wanted all didn't do much for me. Then there's Princess Spike... I actually wouldn't say it's bad, just sillier in some mindsets and perhaps frustrating in others. Was all great until an episode I never expected to dislike came along- Canterlot Boutique. Some parts of the episode are alright, sure, but I just didn't like Sassy Saddles, and the episode just kinda turned out boring imo. What About Discord is probably the last episode of S5 I'd say was kinda off, otherwise we had an amazing season. :)

• Brohoof 1

1. The Mane Attraction. Razzle Dazzle was a fun song, but I just didn't like the singing voice of Rara. I see now why her band is called The Deafening. I do find it funny that they could not give her the nickname Coco (Countess Coloratura).

2. Tanks for the Memories. Bawling RD ruined it. The only way it would have worked is if Tank had actually died. They had the chance to do something truly special. It could have been the most heartfelt episode but instead even the characters in the show are asking when is she going the stop crying.

My least favorite episodes, in no particular order:

Appleoosa’s Most Wanted: Troubleshoes is first discriminated and criminalized, then he isn't treated seriously, and is finally forced to accept his fate as a clown.

Tanks for the Memories: Features Rainbow Dash vastly overreacting to a minor issue, engaging in criminal behavior and getting away with no consequences (this seems to be Cindy Morrow's characterization of Rainbow Dash).

Rarity Investigates!: The one time Rainbow Dash is tried, it is a travesty of justice.

Princess Spike: Spike loses about 30 IQ points, I guess because of the altitude of Canterlot.

Party Pooped: There was no reason the ponies had to put up with the Yaks' behavior.

• Brohoof 1

1. Princess Spike - A pure waste of time. He already learned his lesson about greed and lying in "Secret of My Excess"...why does Spike need to learn it again???

2. What about Discord - This is how NOT to write Discord in a episode. Little to no payoff on the jokes set up and Twilight is made to look bad for no reason.

3. The Lost Treasure of Griffinstone - The lack of interaction with Dash and Gilda bugged me in this episode. Why would the map want Rainbow Dash on this adventure if her role was only to be a last minute damsel in distress? Pinkie Pie did all the work!!

4. Party Pooped - The moral was something both Pinkie Pie AND Twilight should have known from very beginning. Not to mention why is Twilight trying to make relationships with another country WITHOUT telling Celestia about it!?!?

5. Rarity Investigates - The weakest of the Rarity trio episodes. The story could have been salvageable but they made it WAY too easy of a mystery to solve.

"Amending Fences" - I thought Moon Dancer was a terrible character.

"Slice of Life" - I don't mind a "day in the limelight" episode for background characters, but this was just too much of letting the fans and fanfictions write the story. I want to see what the writers want to write, not what got voted into the canon by popular brony demand.

"Princess Spike" - the universe hates Spike.

"Bloom and Gloom" - It was all a dream. Inside a dream. Inside a dream... Inception! BBWWWAAAAAHHHHHH!

"The Mane Attraction" - Nobody really learned anything, the villain was way too overdone, and why does a once-off character get a cutie mark that literally makes the sun shine out her butt?

• Brohoof 1

In no particular order...

Brotherhooves Social - Big Mac's act was pretty cringe-worthy

Made in Manehattan - Just a really boring episode to me

Canterlot Boutique - Again, just a boring episode for me (I swear I don't hate Rarity episodes)

The one where Pinkie Pie knows - Nothing against pregnant Cadence, but I think the reveal should have been at the end of the episode instead of the beginning

What about Discord - Most of the jokes fell flat because we are presented the episode from Twilight's point of view and like Twilight, I didn't see what was funny about them

In no particular order, Bloom & Gloom, Canterlot Boutique, Made in Manehatten, Appleoosa's Most Wanted and Scaremaster.

I understand why all of those episodes exist from an analytical point of view, especially in retrospect from what episodes and themes came later in the season, but I found them either boring or just generally not compelling or interesting, personally. There's also the fact that CMC and Rarity episodes are hit or miss with me.