Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your bottom Season 5 episodes

CastletonSnob

What are the bottom 5 episodes this season?

Princess Spike, What About Discord, and Appleoosa's Most Wanted for me. I doubt the finale will suck. Also I split this post into its own topic. 

• Brohoof 3

1. Princess Spike

2. Brotherhooves Social 

3. Do Princesses Dream of Magical Sheep?

4. Party Pooped

5. Castle Sweet Castle

brotherhooves social was the last MLP episode I've watched, so I can't say if I dislike the other ones or not.

A good dearth of episodes I found boring like Made in Manehattan, Appleoosa's Most Wanted, and Hoofields and the McColts. Then there's Princess Spike :l

Any other episodes I watched I mostly liked, and then episodes, like Mane Attraction, Brotherhooves Social, that were kinda "eh" until they really kicked it off at the end. 

Admittedly I haven't seen "Slice of Life" aside from a several clips, screenshots and descriptions. Needless to say, with those in mind, I'd probably put on my bottom 5 if I ever decided to watch it. Ever since it was first announced I kept thinking "there's no way I'm ever gonna like this episode"

Edited by Megas75

1. Princess Spike

2. Brotherhooves Social 

3. Do Princesses Dream of Magical Sheep?

4. Party Pooped

5. Castle Sweet Castle

brotherhooves social was the last MLP episode I've watched, so I can't say if I dislike the other ones or not.

Are those the 5 you disliked?

I think this has been a great season but I didn't really like Appleoosa's Most Wanted or What About Discord. The Hooffields and the McColts wasn't amazing either.

Edited by Frostgage

Probably should be waiting for the finale to actually list this but I can always come back and change it if the finale is awful (It's won't be because they aren't but I know it's also not going to be in my top 25 either) 

Anyways, starting with 5:

5:Castle Sweet Castle (Not really bad but not to standoutish save for the tree chandelier) 

4: What About Discord (Same as above just without the ending moment)

Now here are the ones I really didn't like:

3: Appaloosa's Most Wanted 

2: Princess Spike

1: Slice of Life (Managed to knock Magic Duel out as the episode that infuriates me the most) 

• Brohoof 3

The only one that has stuck out to be as terrible is Slice of Life. It is the worst episode ever produced for FiM, and by a wide margin.

Princess Spike was not only a generic concept for this series (Spike goes out of control), but it also didn't even do its own concept very well, by everything Spike did when he wasn't on a power trip being what backfired on him.

There are tons of other episodes that are very forgettable, and didn't give me any reason to feel one way or the other about them. Over all Season 5 has been the largest hit or miss season for the series. Season 3 didn't have a lot of hits, but I can't remember disliking any episode in it. Season 5 brought about one episode I absolutely despise, and I am very easily pleased. I don't watch FiM episodes with any intention of tearing them apart for not being consistent with each other, or having quality storytelling, etc. SoL was just a big mess, and since I'm not a Brony, all of the pandering they tried to cover that mess up with (or more like string together a whole episode with) only made me see it as even more of a mess.

• Brohoof 1

1. Princess Spike: The second-worst-written episode in all of FIM (only Rainbow Falls is worse, and it ain't close). Overall, the sixth-worst FIM episode, only behind Rainbow Falls, The Crystal Empire, Dragon Quest, Bridle Gossip, and One Bad Apple.

Appleoosa's Most Wanted: So many things went wrong. The CMC were out of character. Appleoosa was incredibly mean-spirited; they not only shunned Troubleshoes, but also created the rumor of him being a wanted criminal in the first place. The comedy was terrible; seriously, you treat the falling pyramid as life-or-death, and then you try to treat it as humor? Lastly, Troubleshoes wants to be taken seriously, but the climax plays him off as a joke.

What About Discord?: The entire conflict would've been resolved if the ReMane Five didn't act like a Lesson Zero ripoff. Twilight had every right to feel frustrated and suspicious. Then for Discord to turn it all around and make her exclusion intentional was completely out of character of him given the circumstances of his development. A lot of pop culture references exist, but they stop being funny and instead become cringeworthy.

Tanks for the Memeories: One word: frustrating. Frustrated over Dash's terrible characterization, behavior, and ability to get away with no written punishment. Frustrated over the episode exploits the five stages of grief and the theme of death over a situation where a death allegory shouldn't be applied. Frustrated with how one line early in the episode ("Our first winter together") disregarded past events and broke the plot.

The Hooffields and McColts: The whole episode trivializes the past of both the Hatfields and McCoys. The start of the feud sounds trivial in context, but many lives were lost from it. Instead, the parody plays it off squarely out of humor. Treat the parody with some level of respect. Secondly, both sides are rural southern stereotypes in look, personalities, logic, and intelligence. Like What About Discord, a great moral was lost by how poorly written it was.

• Brohoof 5

Which other ones didn't you like?

I liked Make New Friends and Keep Discord, Slice of Life, Crusaders of the Lost Mark, and Rarity Investigates. I didn't like the rest.

All the episodes are pretty decent/awesome this season.

However, in no particular order, these are my bottom 5 episodes that I felt were kinda boring:

- Hoofields and McColts

- The One where Pinky Pie Knows

- Castle Sweet Castle

- Princess Spike

- What about Discord

They weren't bad, they all had really cool things about them, but these are the ones I found myself struggling to rewatch.

There's actually a lot of episodes this season that I didn't like. So...it's basically just another regular season. 

Here they are (complete with comments)! They are not ranked in how much I dislike them, by the way. Just in the season order. 

1: Tanks For The Memories (Rainbow bugged me in this episode with her behaviour. Fluttershy was amazing, though even if she barely got any screen time in the episode)

2: Appleloosa's Most Wanted (Meh...just meh)

3: Make New Friends but Keep Discord (Sorry...just a heads-up. I don't like Discord this season)

4: The Lost Treasure Of Griffonstone (Just didn't find it all that interesting...but that's my opinion)

5: Slice Of Life (Oooh...this might need more explanation since the episode is hilarious, it's absurdly hilarious. But there's nothing at stake in the episode, at least no high ones. I don't really agree with Lyra's portrayal personally, but that's just me. I found Derpy to be meh, Sweetie Drops...no. The characters weren't that interesting, apart from Doctor Whooves. He was great. I believe Amending Fences would have been a much better 100th episode)

6: Princess Spike (This is mostly due to Spike being screwed over and forced to take blame for it as well)

7: Do Princesses Dream Of Magical Sheep? (No, they don't. And it even further cemented my dislike towards Luna)

8: Brotherhooves Social (Urgh...this episode was painful to sit through)

9: Crusaders of the Lost Mark (I'm not gonna win many friends with this one...this is my least favourite episode of the season)

10: What About Discord? (This episode paints Twilight as the antanogist when she's completely in the right. Also, Discord is horribly unfunny)

11: The Hooffields and McColts (Ugh...after rewatching a couple of times, this episode became painful to sit through)

And the rest? They're great! Aside from these eleven episodes, season 5 is doing incredible. It's better than season 1 at least, and just ahead of season 3. It's about equal with season 2 right now. Season 4 is still my favourite season. 

• Brohoof 2

Princess Spike - This one was quite cringy...Spike episodes just really need to improve

Tanks for the Memories - This was also a somewhat cringy episode. And Rainbow's crying was way to overdone. 

The One Where Pinkie Knows - This episode was just too predictable...

I don't really have 5, those were just my three...

1. Princess Spike: Do I need to explain?

2. What About Discord? Like PS, the writing is just really bad. Neal is just bad.

3. Appleoosa's Most Wanted: Quite boring of an episode really.

4. Party Pooped: The episode felt weird and boring.

5. Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep? This episode felt way too extreme for Luna, it could have been better if she didn't create the Tantabus but it manifested by itself.

As you can see, I'm not much of a reviewer. Also, why do people hate Slice of Life so much? It's nothing to be taken seriously, it was an episode to laugh stupidly at and that's it.

Edited by EmeraldSkies

I'm surprised that Tank for the Memories is considered the worst episode let alone a bad one. I agree, the crying scene really pinched a nerve, but personally, I never thought it made sense to call an episode bad just because of one annoying scene. 

Anyway, I'd have to agree with some of the other named episodes by I will provide brief reasons:

Princess Spike: I really liked the idea of Spike having the desire to feel important while also taking advantage of be Twilight's "right-hand man" but the execution was just really really sloppy. It would have made more sense if Twilight was going off somewhere and officially put Spike in charge or something and then he'd go crazy with power...I have no idea but...the whole episode was just a mess

Party Pooped: I honestly have no idea why this episode exists. I like the idea of foreigners and equestrians having a problem or something, but....the whole plot was just everywhere but at the same time getting no where?

Appleoosa's Most Wanted: Again, another great idea gone down the drain. This episode did well to foreshadow the CMC's purpose in life which led to that 100th episode, but as Emerald Skies stated, it was rather boring and I can barely remember half of what happened. 

Made in Manhatten: Why? I am a huge fan of Applejack and Rarity episodes....and I honestly loved the execution of Coco interacting with the two and appreciated what she was striving for. And to be honest, stuff like communities losing that sense of "welcome" and "team work" happens a lot in real life. But that side struggle Applejack was having throughout the entire episode didn't make sense to me. And the solution to their "problem" wasn't....all that inspiring. This episode had many paths to take and I just feel as though it took the weakest one

Do Princess Dream of Magic Sheep: Self harm, and a very depressed Luna. There are too many reasons why I think his was a mistake even if the younger viewers don't fully understand it. The writers f*cked up big this time. Luna deserves more than "pity party episodes" she deserves more than being the face of "please feel sorry for me" . She deserves more than this undying depression. And while I understand that what she's been through makes her depression justifiable, prior Luna episodes/screentimes executed that enough.

The One where Pinkie Pie knows: This has the same problem that Magical Myster Cute did.....we all freaking knew the surprise. The only thing that kept me watching was Shining Armor acting like a kid, Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie, and baby Applejack picture.....nuff said

Edited by Princess Sunset