Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Which alternate timeline was hard to watch(excluding the wasteland)

TheMarkz0ne

24 users have voted

1. 1. Which was the most hopeless timeline?

• Sombra's war
    • Chrysalis and the enslavement of non changelings
    • Nightmare Moon's empire
    • Tirek's very Michael Bay future.
    • Discord being......Discord
    • Flim and Flam being evil just because
    • A dazzling timeline( my headcanon) Sunset Shimmer disposed off, Dazzlings terrorize Equestria

Hard to watch based on being emotionally hard to stomach. Mine is Nightmare Moon's timeline. Timeline's such as Chrysalis's and Tirek's are more grimm. But I had a hard time watching because I couldn't handle Dash and Rarity being Nightmare Moon's servants( and Dash's horrendous buzz cutt*shivers*).

Edited by TheMarkz0ne

Most weren't really that good, but Sombraverse was really try-hard and edgy and a lot of the designs in the Nightmare Moon-verse was pretty bad(like Dash with the Buzzcut). But seeing Flim Flam destroying everything was so dumb, it was really funny

Discord's was the best, it's just Discord being Discord

Edited by Thrillho

Well, given that Chrysalis's timeline was the most hopeless and Twilight running to the map was the last ditch effort to prevent her friends from being killed off, I'm going to go with that one.

• Brohoof 1

The only one i really didn't like, was the sombraverse. I hate Pony fanfics that are incredibly edgy and have wars in them, something that i really don't appreciate much in MLP. The Sombraverse was making me feel like i watched a fallout: Equestria fan vid.

• Brohoof 1

The only one i really didn't like, was the sombraverse. I hate Pony fanfics that are incredibly edgy and have wars in them, something that i really don't appreciate much in MLP. The Sombraverse was making me feel like i watched a fallout: Equestria fan vid.

I don't mind the Sombra's war. Hasbro gave the Transformers a war concept, and even G1 is darker than G4 in general. Sombra's timeline had hope, because he didn't win yet. Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon's futures were already secured.

Wasteland aside, definitely Tirek. I mean, he smoldered Equestria and became one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful being in the known world. So...yep, that sounds like the worst scenario to me. :P

The Sombra one was the hardest one to stomach. Not necessarily because it was emotionally taxing, but because it was so off-color. It reminded me of watching the Octavia and Vinyl Scratch scene from Slice of Life - it was like I wasn't actually watching FiM, but watching something made up by the Brony fandom.

It's not that I think that FiM shouldn't be able to get dark, it's just that I think it should get dark in its own way... Not dark in a generic Fallout/war way. That kind of stuff just doesn't belong in FiM. If I wanted it I would go play Fallout, which I don't, because I don't want it.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

The Sombra one was the hardest one to stomach. Not necessarily because it was emotionally taxing, but because it was so off-color. It reminded me of watching the Octavia and Vinyl Scratch scene from Slice of Life - it was like I wasn't actually watching FiM, but watching something made up by the Brony fandom.

It's not that I think that FiM shouldn't be able to get dark, it's just that I think it should get dark in its own way... Not dark in a generic Fallout/war way. That kind of stuff just doesn't belong in FiM. If I wanted it I would go play Fallout, which I don't, because I don't want it.

Yeah but you can say the same for Chrysalis's timeline. You think the ponies kindly surrendered and became changeling food? No they fought back and failed. I wish the Chrysalis and changeling empire had more detail, it's based on assumptions. Chrysalis stated she already had Canterlot as her throne room, so we can assume Manehattan and other pony landmarks are hive territories. They also allude that something horrific happened to Dash, AJ and Rarity. 

I loved the Sombraverse, and based on the polls, so did most people. I don't think any of them were suuuper emotional, I was mostly excited by them, but in theory, I suppose the post-changeling invasion world was pretty sad. 

If we are tlaking from a legit emotioanl perspective, the Chysalis timeline. That one was quite depressing, because the ponies had already lost and were in hiding, fearing capture and enslavement. When Twilight had to run away, we can only assume that the ponies and Zecora were vastly outnumbered and lost. Quite sad.

If we are talking on a 'it was so stupid that I couldn't watch it' scenario, the Flim and Flam one was so cliche and dumb that it made me roll my eyes. Apparently, using one machine to make legit apple cider will eventually lead a pony to completely destroy the environment for the sake of 'business'. Such a dumb cliche. 

• Brohoof 1

I'd say the one in which the ponies had no hope was the Nightmare Moon one. She had already completely taken over in that one and cast Equestria into eternal night.

I didn't find any of them hard to watch, though the Tirek one did make me groan a bit. 

If we are tlaking from a legit emotioanl perspective, the Chysalis timeline. That one was quite depressing, because the ponies had already lost and were in hiding, fearing capture and enslavement. When Twilight had to run away, we can only assume that the ponies and Zecora were vastly outnumbered and lost. Quite sad.

If we are talking on a 'it was so stupid that I couldn't watch it' scenario, the Flim and Flam one was so cliche and dumb that it made me roll my eyes. Apparently, using one machine to make legit apple cider will eventually lead a pony to completely destroy the environment for the sake of 'business'. Such a dumb cliche. 

I thought it was pretty funny, and based on how little we saw, it seems silly to dislike it so much when it is all assumptions. Who knows what happened in that timeline to lead them to smash everything? 

I'd say the one in which the ponies had no hope was the Nightmare Moon one. She had already completely taken over in that one and cast Equestria into eternal night.

I didn't find any of them hard to watch, though the Tirek one did make me groan a bit. 

Haha, Tirek acquires all the magic in the world so what does he do? DESTROY EVERYTHING! He's like a child. :lol:

I thought it was pretty funny, and based on how little we saw, it seems silly to dislike it so much when it is all assumptions. Who knows what happened in that timeline to lead them to smash everything? 

Well, yeah, we didn't see much, but that is why all I can do is make assumptions. That seems to be the most logical conclusion, because every other cartoon in existence makes that cliche into a thing. The whole 'evil corporation destroys the environment' nonsense. It would work, if it actually seemed in character, and it just didn't for them two.

If you get this joke, awesome... I Guess Double D went crazy after all those scams he pulled on the Cul De Sac  :lol:

Yeah but think about it, Nightmare Moon's empire the ponies are at least alive and living a life( even though a dull one) Chrysalis has made them all food. Not just the ponies too.. What about the Yaks, Griffons, Buffalo, Dragons and other horse species? 

Hard to watch based on being emotionally hard to stomach. Mine is Nightmare Moon's timeline. Timeline's such as Chrysalis's and Tirek's are more grimm. But I had a hard time watching because I couldn't handle Dash and Rarity being Nightmare Moon's servants( and Dash's horrendous buzz cutt*shivers*).

The buzz cut fit her character :)

This was a tough one to answer....it's close to a tie between Nightmare Moon's universe an Sombra's.....but then again I must lean towards Sombra's because of the tyrannical aspect of the whole thing with a war and fading hope as a bonus. 

Even with a physical form, Sombra still gives off that "fearful approaching force" vibe. Did anyone notice that? He is still able to outsmart even the most powerful ponies, can still instill fear and and a powerful hold on an empire full of ponies, and his reign slowly spreads like the dark crystals. It's like the mane six fearing he'll break through the barrier again within the episode "The Crystal Empire".....but this time there's fear he'll rule ALL of Equestria and no pony will be able to stop them. He made slaves, an army, and he created a war. If there is one thing that could ruin the innocence and happiness of an entire country, it's a war. Where is takes over the lives of everyone whether they want it to or not...and in the end no matter who wins, you cannot take back the time, blood, and labor. War cost time and lives and I mean "lives" in a physical, mental, an emotional way. The fact that Sombra is to root of all of this is pretty scary....That universe is what you'd call a "living hell". Tbh....if I was a pony living in a world like that...I' wish I was dead. Making even a villain like Tirek seem like an angel because Tirek would basically kill everything so they wouln't have to live through what Sombra does.

Nightmare's AU was a less extreme version of Sombra's. True, she brought eternal night and managed to be the ruler....but I saw it more amusing and cool. She seemed like a badass ruler. 

Chrysalis is a good runner up too I suppose. I mean.....her AU had the advantage of paranoia and imprisonment. I would've chosen her had the execution of her AU been a bit more dark

But tbh....even her bringing eternal night wouldn't be that special. Because if you really think about it? Who would raise the sun had Sombra defeated Celestia too? Nightmare Moon as a ruler: eternal night with a beautiful moon. Ponies will slowly starve but other than that, she doesn't rule to the extreme. Sombra as ruler: you'll be made slaves, no sun AND no moon...surrounded by his dark crystal powers and forever ruled under the shaows. War, misery, and no freedom whatsoever. 

Yeah....I know I said it was close to a tie for me...but after rambling. I think I further convinced myself Sombra's was way scarier xD

Edited by Silver Stream.

• 3 months later...

For me, it would have to be the Chrysalis alternate timeline. Seeing the remaining ponies hiding from Chrysalis was very saddening, and it felt very depressing how hard it was to tell if a pony was either a pony or a changeling. 

The Nightmare Moon timeline was difficult to watch, especially with the character designs and all.

Having eternal night instead of sun is a morbid thought, considering that there are vital things you can only do when the sun is up than moon.