Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP:FiM easter egg in Terraria

Szmeszek

They might be bronies, but I don't think so.

Also, It probably isn't an easter egg, but if you are lucky you can get a dryad called Celestia. :D (I haven't been that lucky yet, though)

Wat o.O so everyone in the world knows that literally 'friendship is magic'? Please... -.-

That wasn't what I meant, I meant that the dryad called Celestia probably isn't an easter egg.

That wasn't what I meant, I meant that the dryad called Celestia probably isn't an easter egg.

Oh yeah, maybe, but is 'Celestia' maybe an english word? Or a real name?

Oh yeah, maybe, but is 'Celestia' maybe an english word? Or a real name?

It's definitely not a word and I don't think Celestia is a real name. (but it's gonna be soon,)

I can imagine "Celestia" being used as a name a lot in all the different fantasy settings, though.

Edited by Kaborer

Celestia is a play on the word celestial which means:

ce·les·tial-Adjective:

1.Positioned in or relating to the sky, or outer space as observed in astronomy.

2.Belonging or relating to heaven.

The friendship is magic comment is probably an easter egg, I'd bet my virtual hat on it. However, the Celestia dyrad probably isn't considering , as stated above, the astronomy styled meaning of the name and the idea that the word is derived from the word of heaven and perfection, which is effectively what The Hallow should be and hence the name of the dyrad.

I should really get back into this game, I've been playing it for a year now and I never noticed that...

Well i'll be darned - i guess it is a reference. The wiz says, "Someone told me" so maybe one of the other NPCs is a Brony? I bet it's the Goblin.

Also, maybe there are other missed references?

There is something like this in LoL, but it isn't really an easter egg... the most recent champion, Hecarim, a centaur-like creature, has a taunt that makes him say, "Suffering is magic." It might really have to do with MLP...

I would bet that one of them is a brony. Just like how one of the League of Legends brony staff members got the new champion to say "suffering is magic".

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

*Revived.*

I just jumped back on the Terraria because of the big 1.3 update.  Got the Celestia dryad.  I've also had a Party Girl named Trixie, and another named Sparkle.  Coincidence?  I think not.

Besides, the head of Re-Logic has stated that the Party girl was even inspired by Pinkie Pie.

http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Party_Girl

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole staff are bronies.  Terraria's adorable.

• Brohoof 1