Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

No rainbow power in season 5?

simba86

so i was just thinking about how in the end of season 4 the ponies used rainbow power to defeat tirek and then that led to the new castle and the map.

but i noticed in season 5 "now that it is over" they did not use rainbow power at all? so i wonder if they will still use it in the future? CAN they still use it or did it get used up making the castle and map? and if the rainbow power is gone then what super power are they going to use the next time a major super villian shows up and they don't have the elements or rainbow power?

what do you all think?

There was never really a reason for them to pull out the Rainbow Power this season, if they even still can. It was used in Do Princesses Dream of Magical Sheep and, even though that was a dream, both times they were used for Element of Harmony level threats. Starlight Glimmer was wicked, but nothing you really needed to use the Equestrian nuclear option against. Besides, even if they had wanted to, Starlight stripped them of their cutie marks before they could.

And in the finale, Twilight was by herself for that entire debacle. Can't exactly use a power based on friendship when your friends aren't around or even remember you, now can you?

• Brohoof 1

Personally I think that rainbow power was a one time thing that they no longer possess and its appearance in Do princesses dream of magical sheep was only due to being a dream made up by luna and not bound to reality.

I don't think the mane six could any more summon up Rainbow power again than they could summon up their power pony powers. As such, I figure that in any situation with them facing a villain again they'd have to find new Macguffins or utilize the table's power somehow.

I thought that was kinda weird, for the fact that Hasbro consistently over advertises it, I mean, almost every mlp (official) flash game, and majority of the toys have "rainbow power this, rainbow power that" They should seriously make better use of it...

Hrmmmm.

In-show, there was nothing in Season 5 that they would have been able to use it *for*. It's basically the replacement for the Elements of Harmony effect, and there wasn't really any opportunities for that during this season.

In-reality, I get the impression that the writers are trying very hard to arrange their stories so it can't be used. It's too much of a 'get out of jail free' card and would wreck the types of stories the writers want to tell right now.

Actually surprised there wasn't any "cutie mark magic" power up for this season, given how much it was their toyline. Hell, cutie mark magic actually had some toys that looked better for super forms than the rainbow power design (The charm wing line)