Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would happen if Disney bought Hasbro?

TheAnimatorOfficial

I've been seeing this idea in the past few months of Disney buying Hasbro in the future. The thing is, I'm not entirely sure how well it would work out.

For example, implementing MLP and Transformers into Disney Infinity would be awesome. However, I fear for the safety of the innumerable amounts of fan content to copyright.

What do you guys think?

Knowing how Disney operates, merchandise price would sky rocket, but the plus side is for the higher end products the quality would go up. If you've ever been into a Disney store, pretty much everything there is top notch stuff.

Fan made content would be copyrighted, the princesses would become Disney princesses which won't end well, the show would target at little girls even more so some bronies may stop watching it and so views will drop, the budget goes smaller, it gets worse then the situation will repeat itself for a while until the show ends which, knowing Disney, would take the franchise with it.

• Brohoof 1

Welp say goodbye to posting fan art, and say hello to high price crap. Also, say hello to the show now being more pink and stupid for all of the little girls. FInally say goodbye to the part of the season premiere where Starlight Glimmer breaks the glass jars. Disney won't let animators break glass in shows and movies. (M.A. Larson said that is the bronies react of the season premiere)

• Brohoof 1

I actually don't think much would change. From what I have heard, Disney is usually pretty good with letting their subsidiaries do their own thing and Disney is also good with the marketing. If they did purchase them, it is not something I would be against.

• Brohoof 5

A few thoughts.

+4 Disney Princesses.

Potentially better product. Since Hasbro already controls top end production direction of a lot of Disney toy lines (including Star Wars afaik), it might not change much.

Most pony conventions would cease to exist in their current form due to Disney not being friendly to independent fan conventions focused on their content. 

It would be Disney getting a few more handholds on the supply chain, with them creating the content, distributing it, and making the toys in the process. Probably not a good net result for the fandom or show.

Everyone keeps saying more Disney princesses but no, that's not true. I've seen a whole thing about that, and one of the requirements of being a Disney princess is being human. That's why Nala from Lion King isn't a Disney princess. Plus, Disneys other companies (Like Marvel and Lucasfilms) are separate from Disney, which is why Princess Leia isn't a Disney princess. That's also why the show wouldn't change very much. The only difference is that Disney would make even more money off of more things.

One thing that really sells this for me

Kingdom Hearts with a My Little Pony Level :sunbutt:  :wub:  :o  :yay:  :catface:  :muffins:  :maud:

sig-4287911.stained_glass__twilight_s_cosig-4287911.kh9.png

Ponies are nice though, but mixing the pony world with KH...

Nope!

FF7 was like the best psychological impact ^^. PS1 was so nice.

Kingdom Hearts just works on Disney because they are just so overly optimistic in general, so you can add that stuff even if they are the most depressing and... yeah i just don't think much about it. But it goes like this.

"I need to seek the darkness" :confused:.

Suddently all ponies will just get overly annoyed or some depressed by all the emo talk in the game.

Its sad though that the next FF7 game is being released by Nomura... the god of depression : [

What cures it is a good hug... Ponies ^-^. Fluttering and soft hugs ^^

:kindness:

Although i'd be ok with a good pony fantasy ^^ all the hugs and flutters!

twi_cel_hug.PNG

Edited by Lithophila

Ponies are nice though, but mixing the pony world with KH...

Nope!

FF7 was like the best psychological impact ^^. PS1 was so nice.

Kingdom Hearts just works on Disney because they are just so overly optimistic in general, so you can add that stuff even if they are the most depressing and... yeah i just don't think much about it. But it goes like this.

"I need to seek the darkness" :confused:.

Suddently all ponies will just get overly annoyed or some depressed by all the emo talk in the game.

Its sad though that the next FF7 game is being released by Nomura... the god of depression : [

What cures it is a good hug... Ponies ^-^. Fluttering and soft hugs ^^

:kindness:

Although i'd be ok with a good pony fantasy ^^ all the hugs and flutters!

twi_cel_hug.PNG

What are you talking about? Kingdom Hearts and MLP have so many parallels that it would fit perfectly in that universe. 

Hell I think Sora gives so many friendship speeches that he would give Twilight a run for her money. Plus it would only be a level, not part of the overarching plot. I wouldn't mind it if it were like a Winnie the pooh level, with Sora just helping around ponyville or something. Its supreme fanfic fodder if nothing else. 

It fits with emos and melodramas in anime? :okiedokielokie:

Can i suggest "Pony Alundra" instead. Adventure Ponies are fun :twi:

I'm guessing you've never actually played kingdom hearts and are just running off hearsay, or perhaps just running off the fanart, because kingdom hearts would never have become as popular as it has if all it was was an emo fest.  That would be like me saying My little pony is filled with emos because it has an entire episode devoted to a pony of the night doing self harm to herself because of her dark and mysterious past.

The kingdom hearts I know is one that is filled with tales of the power of friendship, of exploring new yet familiar worlds in a new light, great original characters that play off the Disney cast far more naturally than they have any reason of doing, and just fun gameplay that has had me and many others hooked since game one. 

I'm guessing you've never actually played kingdom hearts and are just running off hearsay, or perhaps just running off the fanart, because kingdom hearts would never have become as popular as it has if all it was was an emo fest.  That would be like me saying My little pony is filled with emos because it has an entire episode devoted to a pony of the night doing self harm to herself because of her dark and mysterious past.

The kingdom hearts I know is one that is filled with tales of the power of friendship, of exploring new yet familiar worlds in a new light, great original characters that play off the Disney cast far more naturally than they have any reason of doing, and just fun gameplay that has had me and many others hooked since game one. 

No i played it. I played the 2nd game on PS2 way back then before it became a norm on the internet and i have beaten both games. The only thing positive i can say is that somewhat the gameplay can be fun. But the overall atmosphere of the game i dislike somewhat. I think the 1st was more going for a harder approach to relying on your moves to help you etc. The drives i liked. But in general it is... not a good game series.

Umm i just found My Little Pony pretty cozy after a couple of episodes ^^. Its nice!

I don't wanna argue too much though. Because its Christmas. And i wish you a merry christmas btw :pinkie:

Edited by Lithophila

It would be better in the gloves of Mickey Mouse.

There's been lots of positive views on Marvel and Star Wars since they were given to Disney.

I mean look at the reception Frozen got and see how more widespread Marvel has become which used to been an outcast just like MLP was. With MLP in Disney's hands out as a movie it would be more more acceptable.

Edited by cider float