Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is anyone else on this site an atheist?

Josiah_E

I don't know what that means.

I was trying to say you are putting god above evidence and reason as an idea and not giving a justification besides "science can't ever touch god" and then saying that because we can't ever touch this idea of god that doesn't mean it isn't true and thus I can at times justify my beliefs

Special Pleading is basically a fallacy of logic in which something is excluded from a generally accepted rule without reasonable justification.  Reason and evidence are the best ways to demonstrate something so why does that mean we should give an exception for god, or any supernatural claim for that matter.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I think you have your answer due to the amount of people that have replied. XD But yes, I am a atheist as well.

You're right man, I definitely got my answer. I never thought I would get this many replies. :) I had no idea there were so many atheist bronys and pegasisters out there. :o

Edited by Josiah_E
  • Brohoof 1

I'm an Agnostic more than anything. I don't think there's one true religion at all. I think it's a bit arrogant to claim you know everything about the creation/point of the universe.

Edited by Conspiracy.
  • Brohoof 1

For Christian, or other religous or non-religous readers that are offended by this topic:

Please don't try to force your beliefs down my throat for replying to this topic.

If you can't handle criticism, athiests, or whatever, then please get out of here,

and find a new topic to reply to, since this is a very controversial topic.

And no, I'm not "mini-modding" or anything,

I'm just saying that if you don't like this topic,

or have something against it, just be nice and don't start flame wars, or reply to another topic.

And, NO RELIGOUS ARGUEMENTS, PLEASE!

Surprisingly, I am also an athiest.
It's kind of strange, since I started out as a christian.
I used to think stuff like "homosexual and gay people are evil and go to Hell", etc, but then I really thought about what I was believing and decided to become an athiest.
No offense, but I found that most of the stuff I thought I believed in was kind of unrealistic.

For Christian, or other religous or non-religous readers that are offended by this topic:

Please don't try to force your beliefs down my throat for replying to this topic.

If you can't handle criticism, athiests, or whatever, then please get out of here,

and find a new topic to reply to, since this is a very controversial topic.

And no, I'm not "mini-modding" or anything,

I'm just saying that if you don't like this topic,

or have something against it, just be nice and don't start flame wars, or reply to another topic.

And, NO RELIGOUS ARGUEMENTS, PLEASE!

Surprisingly, I am also an athiest.

It's kind of strange, since I started out as a christian.

I used to think stuff like "homosexual and gay people are evil and go to Hell", etc, but then I really thought about what I was believing and decided to become an athiest.

No offense, but I found that most of the stuff I thought I believed in was kind of unrealistic.

I wasn't trying to force atheism onto anyone, I was just wondering if there were any other atheist bronies and pegasisters out there.

I wasn't trying to force atheism onto anyone, I was just wondering if there were any other atheist bronies and pegasisters out there.

Well, I'm still leaving the warning sign on my post,

just in case anything or anyone gets offended by this topic.

Anyway, any other bronies or pegasisters that are athiests, also? :)

Edited by iNachos10

Well, I'm still leaving the warning sign on my post,

just in case anything or anyone gets offended by this topic.

Anyway, any other bronies or pegasisters that are athiests, also? :)

Yeah sorry dude, I'm kinda touchy on this subject. I'm the ONLY atheist in my entire family and none of them like it that way. Especially my sister, Callie, who is always saying things like " Atheists don't deserve to live" and lots of other hurtful things.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah sorry dude, I'm kinda touchy on this subject. I'm the ONLY atheist in my entire family and none of them like it that way. Especially my sister, Callie, who is always saying things like " Atheists don't deserve to live" and lots of other hurtful things.

By the way, I'm a girl. (I'm fine being called a dude, though. I don't really care what anyone calls me, just as long as it's a positive, nice thing, like a compliment or something.)

Wow, your family is actually like that?

Well, you shouldn't listen to what they say, just ignore them.

I hope you feel better. :)

Edited by iNachos10
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

By the way, I'm a girl.

Wow, your family is actually like that?

Well, you shouldn't listen to what they say, just ignore them.

I hope you feel better. :)

I hope so too. My sister says almost all of the insults, but she tells them to me every single time she gets the chance. My parents insult me from time to time, but mostly they just force me to go to church and they never let me talk about, ever and when I do I always get a harsh punishment for it. MLP is the only thing that's keeping me sane.

Edited by Josiah_E
  • Brohoof 1

I hope so too. My sister says almost all of the insults, but she tells them to me every single time she gets the chance. My parents insult me from time to time, but mostly they just force me to go to church and they never let me talk about, ever and when I do I always get a harsh punishment for it. MLP is the only thing that's keeping me sane.

Hey, don't feel bad.

I mean, it could always be worse, right? :)

Just think positive, and ignore what your family says.

I personally never really have had a family like that, but I still feel sorry for you.

• Brohoof 1

I was trying to say you are putting god above evidence and reason as an idea and not giving a justification besides "science can't ever touch god" and then saying that because we can't ever touch this idea of god that doesn't mean it isn't true and thus I can at times justify my beliefs

Special Pleading is basically a fallacy of logic in which something is excluded from a generally accepted rule without reasonable justification.  Reason and evidence are the best ways to demonstrate something so why does that mean we should give an exception for god, or any supernatural claim for that matter.

Ah yes. That's exactly what I do. Or one of the things.

I prefer to throw logic and reason to the wind. Too restricting. I use them when it's called for but otherwise they are just another source of information.

And if it wasn't obvious I'm not exactly trying to convince other people to think like I do. I follow what my own thoughts and reasoning tell me, even if it means 1+1=fish makes more sense than the original equation.

Don't get me wrong though. I'm just as likely to believe there is no god and that it's not possible because, as the original post said, it's not proven through science. I believe both sides equally. :lol:

Ah yes. That's exactly what I do. Or one of the things.

I prefer to throw logic and reason to the wind. Too restricting. I use them when it's called for but otherwise they are just another source of information.

And if it wasn't obvious I'm not exactly trying to convince other people to think like I do. I follow what my own thoughts and reasoning tell me, even if it means 1+1=fish makes more sense than the original equation.

Don't get me wrong though. I'm just as likely to believe there is on god and that it's not possible because, as the original post said, it's not proven through science. I believe both sides equally. :lol:

Ok, I guess. But thats demonstrably absurd Edited by alpinefroggy

Especially my sister, Callie, who is always saying things like " Atheists don't deserve to live" and lots of other hurtful things.

Wow. That's very ISIS-y. I mean, how much more radical can you get than death?

I'm sure she'll grow out of it. I'm assuming she must be young to go to that extreme.

Do you not believe in a god or reject the claim a god exists?

If yes then you are also an atheist by definition. I am also open to the existence of gods but I reject all god claims because of lack of evidence. This is not an assertion that Gods do not exist. You can reject the label though

Eh...I'm aware of the definition but I don't use that label because I consider myself neutral toward all beliefs. I don't directly claim a god's existence but I think there's a large possibility one could exist. Atheism groups together all the gnostics and agnostics who don't claim a god's existence - I prefer not to be grouped with those on one end of the spectrum.

The key is not to let them know...just stay quiet until you move out. Although it's probably too late for that now :/

• Brohoof 1

I am am atheist. Science disproves the possibility of "divine" beings, because most every force of nature is explainable, through some sort of scientific knowledge. I think religion is honestly a primitive thing, and extremely outdated.

I only celebrate national holidays, therefore. :P

Eh...I'm aware of the definition but I don't use that label because I consider myself neutral toward all beliefs. I don't directly claim a god's existence but I think there's a large possibility one could exist. Atheism groups together all the gnostics and agnostics who don't claim a god's existence - I prefer not to be grouped with those on one end of the spectrum.

Being an agnostic atheist is open to all beliefs.  I am an agnostic atheist I am open to the proposition of the gods and nuetral to them.  A gnostic atheist is a different label all together.

Not fully atheist, I'm agnostic. I don't believe any religion's God(s) are true, but I still do believe there may be some sort of ethereal being/object which created us and the universe.

I consider myself to be an agnostic atheist. I'm open to the idea of something people might call "God" even though I don't really believe in it. I don't really care either way, such belief plays no role in my life so it doesn't really matter, after all.

Psychologically it makes the world go wild for its money.

Or to explain, this video is purely about games. But they are offended over something... and its a satire on what you hear in news or groups (fuss about religion) aching a psychological impact on people or daily lives in general. A sorta comedical way of putting it more or less "I am offended" the game : 3.

And that's the perfect way to explain it in general. Not anti religious or anything :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE37PplM5ps

Oh... not an atheist though. But i am totally cool with it, aslong as we can get along and be friends ^^

Edited by Lithophila