• Angel
    • Opalescense
    • Winona
    • Tank
    • Owlowiscious
    • Philomeena
    • Peewee
    • Spike

Gotta say, outta all of them, Tank won me over in the "May the Best Pet Win" episode. That little guy was just so perseverant and determined, I don't know how anybody couldn't love him. But, I'll share my thoughts on each pet:

(1) Winona - she hasn't shown up too much, but she seems to be a pretty a pretty typical dog; she's extremely friendly, loyal, outgoing, and energetic, probably the most energetic of all of the Mane 6's pets, a perfect fit for good ol' Applejack, or any dog lover for that matter. Plus, after seeing the fan art that Doctor XFizzle posted above, I gotta say, she's also absolutely adorable.

(2) Opalescence - now, I'm a cat lover myself, and even though I think that Opal is awesome, I will say that she exemplifies both the best and worst qualities of cats. She can be extremely hostile and bad-tempered at times, that's for sure. But she has so much of a personality, and also complements Rarity's character so nicely, that I can't help but love her. Along with Angel, I'm pretty sure that Opal has shown up more than any of the other pets in the show, so it's also been really nice getting to see her so much and get to know her personality.

(3) Tank - As I said before, Tank is probably my favorite out of all the pets, simply because the determination he showed in persevering all the way through Rainbow Dash's pet competition was so admirable. The little guy just wanted a home and an owner who'd love him, and he was willing to do anything to achieve that dream, and that is just, if you don't mind me saying, "SO AWESOME!!!". When it comes to the other pets, Tank will always be 20% cooler than the rest.

(4) Owlowiscious - I gotta say, Owlowiscious is probably my least favorite of all of the pets. This is mostly because he really doesn't have that much of a personality at all, aside from his one gag where he hoots and confuses everyone. Oh, he's nice and helpful enough to be sure, but, eh, he just doesn't really do it for me. And those eyes of his are just a little too creepy; it's like they're staring into my soul!!!

(5) Gummy - Now Gummy is absolutely hilarious, and I should hope so, since he is Pinkie Pie's pet and all. However, he's still not very high on my list of the pets considering most of his humor is derived from what Pinkie does with him, rather than anything he himself does. A lot of the times, when Gummy is in a scene, he sort of just ends up being a prop for some joke or gag, without doing much himself (I guess that's not very surprising, considering he is an alligator, who aren't exactly the most mobile critters on land). I'm also convinced, based on things that he's done in the past, that if he had teeth, Gummy would've tried to eat Pinkie by now (lol ^_^ ). To his credit, though, he is the only pet who's had the Mane 6 throw a party for; being Pinkie Pie's pet does indeed come with its benefits, after all.

(6) Angel - This little bunny is a fun little fella for me. In so many ways, his personality is the polar opposite of Fluttershy's; he's assertive, practical, and demanding (oh boy, is he demanding). Maybe that explains why, out of all the animals she takes care of, Fluttershy's main pet is Angel; maybe she enjoys just how different he is from her (or maybe she just thinks he's really, really cute, which he is also). Whatever the case, I think the little guy is hilarious, especially when he tries to bring Fluttershy down to earth, more often than not by just smacking her across the face (although technically that'd make it domestic abuse, sooooo, maybe I shouldn't find that so amusing... lol, just kidding :lol: ).

Bonus Pet:

Philomeena - couldn't resist including this so-called proud and noble Phoenix. I will say this; Philomeena is the perfect pet for Celestia. Why? :angry: BECAUSE SHE'S ABOUT AS BIG OF A TROLL AS CELESTIA!!! I mean seriously, we had an entire episode dedicated to how poor Fluttershy worked her butt off trying to nurse that little troll back to health, and then it turns into a pile of ash right in her hooves?!?! That sick little bastard made Fluttershy cry :( and think that she'd just killed her!!! And then Celestia tries to make light of it by saying, "Oh, she's just trolling ya'll, LOL, it's OK, no big!". :angry: NOOO, screw that Celestia, besides, let's not forget who's fault it was in the first place that Fluttershy took Philomeena; that's right, Princess Trollestia herself! She decided for some reason to bring her pet phoenix to Ponyville, who she's probably had for centuries at this point, knowing that her current life cycle is almost at an end, but decides not to explain this or the fact that she's a phoenix to anypony, including Fluttershy, the avid animal lover!!! Sometimes, I can tolerate or just make light of Celestia's trolling, BUT NOT THAT TIME; when she and her stupid little troll made Fluttershy cry, crap got real!!! :angry:

*gasps for air* Wooh, sorry everypony, just had to get that outta my system; I feel much better now.

Edited by Batbrony

CDFuh.gif

"You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me, set the dogs on me. Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes... cupcakes aren't good enough. Sometimes ponies deserve more. Sometimes ponies deserve to have their faith rewarded... with muffins!!!"

-The Muffin Mare

Angel, Tank, Gummy, Peewee/Philomena/Phoenixes in general

All are my favorites

Edited by Whiteshade

Warning: Signature may cause seizures, owner will sue you if you complain

6DZzW.gif

Nothing happens, yet everything changes.

Scootaloo.

Indeed, after all, what would the CMC be without their pet chicken!!!

Posted Image

CDFuh.gif

"You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me, set the dogs on me. Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes... cupcakes aren't good enough. Sometimes ponies deserve more. Sometimes ponies deserve to have their faith rewarded... with muffins!!!"

-The Muffin Mare

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

Sorry if this has been talked about already.

What is your favorite MLP pet? Gummy, Angel, Winona, Owlcious, Opalescense or Philomeena?

I personally love Gummy! How he has like no expression but hes just so cute :D

I also love Angel. He might be a jerk but hes funny.

I like Opal too cause I like cats and she reminds me a little of Garfield.

And philomeena is so pretty!

I love them all but Gummy is my fav!

Edited by pinkie

japanese_pony_signature_by_fruitriver-d6

I voted for Angel because of his awesome attitude. Then I remembered when he slapped Fluttershy. I'm considering changing my vote.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Philomeena I feel is on her own level, as it's not Mane 6 territory, it's Trollestia territory. So, Philomeena, because Phoniex's are baller *and I LOVE the design for them in this show*, and she, like her master, trolololols around, as she lead Fluttershy on to believe she was sick and incurable.

Of the Mane 6, Owlicious. I feel he has some of the the most personality demonstrated of most of the pets.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~

fSnYzne.png

I'm inclined to say Peewee? Well, I do like the fact that they even gave Spike a pet and a phoenix no less.

Posted Image

"Never give no manipulative bitch the benefit of the doubt" - Compa's grandpa...