Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you want the writers to stop doing to the show?

cider float

Why should we be grateful?

Because without them, we probably wouldn't be here. Just a thought.

Also, make a proper AJ episode, with nobody stealing the spotlight and just her and no family.

• Brohoof 8

Well I'd like to see less character reformations as by now it is just gotten really old, and is not interesting anymore.

Plus most of them are pretty rushed or at least are initially rushed.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 2

I am a writer, so I have every right to have an opinion. I May not write for My Little Pony, (I would love to, actually) but that doesn't mean I'm not a writer. There are a few things I wish the writers would stop doing. I have a lot of things that I wish the writers would do, but that's not what the topic is about. 

1. Treating Spike like he's worthless. We had an episode about that, and then he turned back to being worthless. Is he only important in episodes about him? Is he only important when he's in the spotlight? He's aware that he's being mistreated. Perhaps there should be another assertiveness episode but focused around Spike. I wouldn't want him to become a bully. It wouldn't be the first time My Little Pony handled the same problem two different ways.

2. Making characters behave out of character. Nothing makes me angrier about a show than seeing a character going out of character. The only reason out of character moments are OK is if it relates to the plot. I mean that something happens which changes the personality of the character.

3. Listening to fans. No offense, but Bronies don't usually understand what would actually make a show work. We saw how "Slice of Life" worked out. People may think their ideas are great, but they usually aren't. A lot of their ideas are best for fan-content.
  • Brohoof 8

Stop giving the Mane 6 a pass when they are responsible for their share of chaos and destruction. Or coming off as bad and being in the right.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 4

There are actually several things I would prefer they do to the show to change it. Now, note that I have not seen much of season five, so forgive me if this has been remedied, but here goes.

• Spike being a side character in the truest of senses. Sure, the show gives him his moments, but that said, he does not have much of a place in the show. He feels like he could be removed completely and the storyline to almost every episode read exactly the same.
  • Give a little bit of attention to some of the background ponies. Sure, we had one episode that gave all the attention to them, but... What about their backstories?
  • Twilight Sparkle. I know this will draw me some heat, but she is a Mary Sue in every sense of the word. She is inherently powerful for power's sake, is able to overcome otherwise insurmountable challenges, and... she has to have help in order to do this, and she is a princess, an alicorn, and has a massive castle and, technically, a kingdom, and the other five get... a few stained glass murals and a seat that glows? Really?
  • Brohoof 5

Stop focusing SO DANGED MUCH ON TWILIGHT.

its gotten to the point where if the other five are even INVOLVED in a finale, its a freaking miracle. The cutie remark? the others basically cameo while twilight goes on a solo adventure with spike and starlight. twilight's kingdom? Better than the cutie remark, buts till focused hardcore on twilight with the others as background material.

Remember season 1, Best night ever? All the six getting focus and being important to the plot? or Return of harmony?
Yeah, good times. Good times.

There are actually several things I would prefer they do to the show to change it. Now, note that I have not seen much of season five, so forgive me if this has been remedied, but here goes.

• Spike being a side character in the truest of senses. Sure, the show gives him his moments, but that said, he does not have much of a place in the show. He feels like he could be removed completely and the storyline to almost every episode read exactly the same.
  • Give a little bit of attention to some of the background ponies. Sure, we had one episode that gave all the attention to them, but... What about their backstories?
  • Twilight Sparkle. I know this will draw me some heat, but she is a Mary Sue in every sense of the word. She is inherently powerful for power's sake, is able to overcome otherwise insurmountable challenges, and... she has to have help in order to do this, and she is a princess, an alicorn, and has a massive castle and, technically, a kingdom, and the other five get... a few stained glass murals and a seat that glows? Really?

Brohoofed so freaking hard XD

• Brohoof 6

-When it's time for a villain episode, don't focus laser-like on Twilight while shoving her friends to the side and making them downright useless.

-No exposition.

-Before introducing new characters, give existing ones some spotlight.

• Brohoof 6

Because without them, we probably wouldn't be here. Just a thought.

Also, make a proper AJ episode, with nobody stealing the spotlight and just her and no family.

So without them we wouldn't be here and be elsewhere, no difference to me.

Rushing through parts of episodes. This has been a problem since as early as the pilot. Basically, the writers think they can cram so much into a small time frame that when they get to end of the script they are like, "Oh s*it, we don't have enough time!" Sometimes the writers get away with it by detailing on a change later (Like with Twilicorn and Discord's reformation) but it would be better if the writers found better ways to pace the episodes.

Other than that, everything else is fine.

• Brohoof 2

I have one that is simple and already mentioned:

SPIKE. That being, they should stop making him look like an idiot. It seems any episode that stars our poor purple dragon, it only highlights his clumsiness and his mistakes, but I want to see more episodes about him that focus on his POSITIVES aspects, of which there are many! Just pick and choose even one of them and boom, we can have a wonderful Spike episode. 

One other thing, even though they have technically only used this once as a major plotpoint, please, please PLEASE, don't use time travel as a plotpoint. That opens up far too many cans of worms than it is worth. 

• Brohoof 2