Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

alicorn oc's

Doodle Pie

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony: Fluttershy

How did you find MLP Forums?:

How you became a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:

So just one thing i have noticed it how people hate alicorn ocs. Now some alicorn ocs are awful like per say this girl in my class, her oc is a rainbow alicorn with no name or backstory. My oc is an alicorn with a dreadfully long backstory! so what I'm saying is don't hate on all alicorns, just some (aka princess cadence) :fluttershy:

@@Doodle Pie

Just letting you know that I moved this to Sugarcube Corner as the discussion of OC's fits better here than in the welcoming area.

Thank you, and welcome to MLP Forums. :)

• Brohoof 1

@@Doodle Pie,The  thing is, it's not that we don't particularly hate alicorns. It's just when it comes to things like Roleplaying, alicorns aren't the best OC of choice. Since Alicorns have the abilities of both pegasi and unicorns, plus that whole deal about immortality, well you must be getting where I am going with this.

Alicorn use is what we would consider "Godmodding"

which basically means they are over powerful. Which isn't fair for the rest of us. 

It's not all about backstories and  names.

• Brohoof 1

i get that! somebody called my friends oc a mary sue, and she is an earth pony!

Depends on what she ment by that.

My main OC, Emerald, before I re-designed her, had the ability of magic. Even though she was an Earth Pony.

It's not always Alicorns that are the godmodders.

• Brohoof 1

@@Doodle Pie,

My OC has never been called a Mary Sue because she isn't over powered considering the magic that comes from her horn is more like changeling magic than Unicorn magic and she doesn't have any of the alicorn magic to even be considered a true or artificial Alicorn.

• Brohoof 1

I don't mind alicorn OC. I think that people had more of a reason to give writers and artists grief over them when Celestia and Luna were the only ones. I just think that the regular "rules" apply to them, same as any other OC.

• Brohoof 1

My OC Corncob is a cockatrice-turned-alicorn who transcended to alicornatrice status during a rousing game of Checkers against his would-be archenemy Tony the Squirrel.  Corncob is only OP in that he can snore planets out of existence, accidentally travel back in time, go into space without any special equipment, cause storied magicians to be vaporized with the mere force of his cluck attack, communicate telepathically, move between dimensions / universes, and other stuff I haven't come up with yet.

• Brohoof 2

My OC Corncob is a cockatrice-turned-alicorn who transcended to alicornatrice status during a rousing game of Checkers against his would-be archenemy Tony the Squirrel.  Corncob is only OP in that he can snore planets out of existence, accidentally travel back in time, go into space without any special equipment, cause storied magicians to be vaporized with the mere force of his cluck attack, communicate telepathically, move between dimensions / universes, and other stuff I haven't come up with yet.

That is literally the best/worst thing I have ever read on the internet.

• Brohoof 2

i get that! somebody called my friends oc a mary sue, and she is an earth pony!

There can be non MS alicorns and MS earth ponies. How well they're written is what matters. If you really want to use your OC in an RP, try find ones that cater to alicorns and such.

My oc's backstory is long and trust me she is nothing super speical, she can hardly use her magic, is clumsy( like me in rainboots), stubborn, and sometimes a bit to dumb (like me!) I had heard about Mary Sue's and really didn't want to be one. My friends like my oc because I gave a description and bad traits. Also I can't walk in rainboots,I trip over everything, including nothing!

(edited)

Forgot to talk about she also has good traits and no tragic past, she met her best friend when she showed up on the door and asked if she could come in! Also my oc hates asparagus, I don't know why I decided on that but for some reason, she does!
she isn't any kind of princess. She hates being recognized as royalty. She would prefer to be that pony who really likes cookies

Edited by Doodle Pie

I don't Like alicorn O.C.s An O.C. is an way to express your self so unless you are a princes of something in real life... sorry m8 

I have a friend that has a princess of death as there O.C.! I was Hysterical I tell you!

By the by welcome!

(now I get to make a necklaces out of your teeth, bushman's rules)

• Brohoof 1

I agree with what you said, long backstory don't make up for an awful character! The point bring is that she isn't blessed with a special gift or super amazing or even know the mane six! The most exciting thing about her would be she knows how to dance and eat at the same time

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

oh yeah I'm fine with Pegasus and unicorn hybrids

I'm not an alicorn I don't have the pony part. (one jean away mom, one jean!)

Edited by pyroshark
  • Brohoof 1