Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Most disappointing game you have ever played?

SrFrog

We always seems to discuss the best of everything, but what about letdowns? So did you ever bought a game that didn't quite live up to the hype or your expectations?

Brink, the strategic shooter.

It wasn't even all that terrible but I was so psyched for it for almost a year and what I got was a buggy, below par TF2 with less diversity and i not so great graphics (and YES I realize they were supposed to be cartoony but it's never good when objects are blurry and maps don't even completely load in detail)_

DOW:II

I'm a big fan of Warhammer and a fan of Dawn of war, but the sequel sucked.

A lot of the games I buy are pretty thought through though

Edited by Kaborer

Sonic Colours for the Nintendo DS. I beat it in two hours and it was nothing like advertised. Apparently everything they advertised was the Wii version which is fully voiced dialogue while the DS version didn't.

• Brohoof 1

The 2010 reboot of Medal Of Honor. This one.

Posted Image

I bought the special edition of this game at launch for over 70 Canadian dollars. Was it worth it? Absolutely not. The single player campaign was two hours long and way too easy, and the multiplayer was literally just a more unbalanced version of Bad Comany 2's multiplayer. The price of the game dropped within a month, unsurprisingly. Saw it last week at EB Games(Canadian Gamestop) for 10$.

Edited by Cynic
  • Brohoof 3

Definitely Brink...

Coming in at a close second is Call of Duty: Black Ops...

Then Killzone 3.

Definitely Brink...

That's odd. I actually enjoyed Brink, no matter how frustrating it got.

At the top spot for me, it's definitely the entire CoD franchise after WaW. I really don't need to explain why.

Coming in at second is SARPBC's online. It is THAT bad that there is no server, so the host controls the matches. This causes major lag and makes it very hard to play, and the fact that lots of people lag-switch just makes it worse. Definitely the worst community for a downloadable game.

I don't know what could be third.

• Brohoof 1

Call of Duty: World at War, Cal of Duty: Black Ops, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

World at War was just an overly explicit world war 2 game with a bad campaign, if you ask me. And zombies mode was just plain old stupid. Black ops is just WaW in Vietnam. Modern WArfare 3 basically destroyed the ok storyline that was established in the previous Modern Warfare's. And online sucks because it's full of trolls, or whatever you want to call them, with the express purpose of cursing everyone out.

I hate the Call of Duty franchise now.

Dark Cloud 2.

I played it when I was little, and I recently got it again and I don't know how I ever tolerated it when I was 6. I played it up until the first dungeon, where I turned it off and went back to playing Dark Cloud. The voice acting was about the same as the voice acting in Calling for the Wii, which is terrible. The graphics are somehow worse than the first game, and the controls are kinda sticky in the way that if you tilt the control stick (think of the control stick as if it were in the middle of a compass XD I didn't know how to phrase it any better) northwest, the character would run straight forward (though this might've just had something to do with my PS2). I liked that you could dress the main character this time, but you only had a choice of three outfits that you could mix and match. Personally, I liked Toan's design alot more. I would understand if their production was rushed and things were a little off-par, but the voice acting doesn't have to sound so bad.

I apologize in advance if anyone is offended by this.

Posted Image

^This game RIGHT HERE. I was here hoping for a good new Kirby game but noooo. That had to make a gimmicky piece of crap!

I'm so happy about Kirby Return To Dreamland tho! That game is actually a GOOD Kirby game rather then a crappy gimmick filled boring tedious attempt of a Kirby game!!!

• Brohoof 3

MW3. Even though I really like the game for its neat guns, good amount of customization, the way guns are balanced without Stopping Power, and the revamped "Pointstreak" thing, there was so much in the trailers that made it look like a balanced MW2 that I was VERY VERY excited for it. When I found out deathstreaks returned, though, I got worried. I also got worried at the description of the perk Assassin 2 months before game release. Guess what? Assassin and deathstreaks top in mah most hated of things in MW3. The game is enjoyable when you do good, but then there's that idiot who plays like a douche and ruind the whole damn experience for me.

Looking back, MW3 really did fail what I thought I was gonna see. Even the trailers made the maps look so much bigger and better (The maps suck donkey dick. Same with spawns), but I like I remember saying 2 months before MW3 release day "I better not have mah hopes too high :(". Well, I DID have mah hopes too high. To name mah name issues with this game....

-Assassin Overusage/Overpowerdness (Makes the game too slow pace, and plus there's way too much benefits to it. It should only block UAV, Counter-UAV, and thats it :P)

-Akimbo FMG9s (The only REALLY overpowered thing in the game, those are incredibly annoying. MPs shouldn't have an akimbo attachment all together

-Deathstreaks (Juiced and Hollow Points are OK, Revenge could've been douchy but no one uses it, Final Stand & DMH should've NEVER been in this game whatsoever. Noobs do not need to be rewarded for dying 4-5 times like those 2 foresaken deathstreaks, let alone ANY deathstreaks)

-Map design (Map design is what made Akimbo FMGs so overpowered, the Type 95 complained by many, and deathstreaks more powerful than nescessary. Most of them are clusterfucks, and all of them are only small-medium sized, making the previous things stated more potent. They also have HORRENDOUS spawns. The spawns on some of the maps are soooooo bad I wanna kick the game's programming in the digital balls)

-Campers (Honest to god, the campers in this game are so goddamn annoying. The poor map designs make them more hard to notice and/or take out, plus since Assassin is so potent, every campers uses that perk. Plus, it doesn't help that many also use the heartbeat sensor too. Campers are a problem in EVERY CoD game, but they a real problem in this game. This is a MW game, not Black Ops!)

Those are mah biggest issues with this game. I still like MW3 just because of the reasons stated in the very beginning, plus I also have mah highest K/D (2.74) and highest W/L (1.60) of all the CoD games in that one, so I guess I can say I also am sorta good at it (Considering the fact I don't use anything douchy really). Also, many people complain about the Type 95, but that gun is only annoying at middle range, where it can pull of a very quick 2 hit kill. Other than that, I actually have no problem with it, but I do know many people who do.

Now to see if Black Ops 2 is a downer. If it is, well, I'll still like it a lot. I say that the $100 on MW3 where sorta well spent (Elite is a waste, the game not so much). If it weren't for MW3, I would be pretty bored right now, so it does give me something to do most of the time. But right now, I'm more interested on Black Ops 2 than MW3.

Holy crap, thats a lot of text (For mah standards)

We always seems to discuss the best of everything

Do we really? Lol.

Anyway, it's most definitely Animal Crossing City Folk for me. Not because I hyped it, but because it was just an incredibly mediocre game, and an awful 'sequel'. The whole game suffers from pure laziness.

Pretty much anything on the Wii is a disappointment, but especially City Folk.

Do we really? Lol.

Anyway, it's most definitely Animal Crossing City Folk for me. Not because I hyped it, but because it was just an incredibly mediocre game, and an awful 'sequel'. The whole game suffers from pure laziness.

I agree with you on the fact that Animal Crossing City folk was very disappointing. Though, I don't think its good because its a home console game. Idk about the Gamecube version, but meh. I think this really should be for portables which is why I want the 3ds version coming out soon. Though, in my opinion, the wii to me isn't a disappointment but I respect your opinion. :)

(Note: I know about the Ds game, just didn't buy it).

Kirby epic yarn was also disappointing. Mario party 8, and thats all I can think of for now.

Edited by RaccoonBL

Do we really? Lol.

Sure seems that way, atleast when it comes to games,music,movies and entertainment.

The maps suck donkey dick.

Highly agreed. I hate all of the maps in MW3. It's probably the biggest reason I could never really enjoy the game. The maps just really suck to me and it pretty much ruined the game for me.

I loved Kirby's Epic Yarn, but I wish it had been harder. The hardest part of the game was the minigames. o________o

Other than that...

Mario Superstar Sluggers. I loved Superstar Baseball but Sluggers was terrible. Glad I rented it.

I can't bring myself to hate Mario Parties, but they're getting worse. I just don't like motion controls with MP, I miss button controls a lot. Especially from MP3 Ridiculous Relay or whatever? Up A, Down A, Up B, Down B... much more fun than doing MP8's Shake It Up or any of the other games that have you shake the Wiimote and it just looks... odd... if you know what I mean.

oh and LoZ: Majora's Mask annoyed me.

I tend to accept most games for what they are, but New Super Mario Bros. Wii was a real dissapointment to me, because the Super Mario Galaxy games are better in every way, especially the graphics. ;)