Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Most disappointing game you have ever played?

SrFrog

This one just kinda stuck with me. I still own it, and its in my basement next to my xbox. Not sure if I should try to trade it in somewhere, or set it on fire. You decide xD.

Posted Image

I seriously hated this game, I mean it seemed like such a cool idea. Strategy RPG set in WW2 with Mythical creatures? Seemed like a good idea. However, this game played more like a bad fan-fiction than anything else and just fell short at ever turn. I remember the last time I played it, I was very far into a particularly long fight and I was fighting the last tank of the battle for victory. Now in this game if your main characters die, its game over, however they auto use items at low or even 0 health so its fairly balanced in that sense, you get quite a few chances. Now this is where the problem happens, in a TURN BASED RPG (much like Final fantasy tactics or Fire Emblem) if a tanks even goes close to a characters square, they insta die, no checks, no healing items, just dead! So after setting up my characters for the turn to start attacking this tank (normal/common enemy I might add) it just litterly drove up to my main character and gave him a love tap and he flew back and was dead: Game over! That just pissed me off to no end and I just turned it off because I was NOT replaying a 2 hour long boring battle.

(edited)

Burnout Paradise. They took everything that was great about Burnout and dumped it into an active volcano. Its sad too, cause Burnout was one of my favorite racing games along side Need for Speed. Speaking of which...

Second place is Need for Speed: Pro Street. That's when they introduced vehicle damage and that's when all of the hot pursuit versions of need for speed also introduced vehicle damage. The newest hot pursuit is alright. Ain't no Most Wanted though.

Edited by A Blithering Div

To those of you who didnt like Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary you BEST Realize its the EXACT same game from 10 years ago with an HD layer overlapping it so it looks like how bungie DREAMED of it. at the current time they were unable to do what they wanted but 343 SHOWED them what there image was 10 fold. The controls were the same, the script was the same, and so were the enemy motions, voices, and AI. So if you were expecting it to be Halo CE made diffrent, maybe you shouldent play halo ever again...

now for the game i was let down on... Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5... Zombies... zombies zombies zombies! NOT LAS PLAGAS OR URUBOROS!!! Thats NOT Resident Evil... granted, yes, i played RE4's story line about (and this is the best i can recall) 47 times, but thats because its all i had. RE5 was just disappointing.

Don't count on anything. Ubisoft is getting the piss sued out of them by John Beiswenger over the series.

His book is getting starbombed (starbomb is a neat word) on Amazon with most bad reviews having keywords such as 'stolen, bad gramer (sic), sue, copyright.' I wonder how many of them read the book or are just AC fans defending the game :/

His book is getting starbombed (starbomb is a neat word) on Amazon with most bad reviews having keywords such as 'stolen, bad gramer (sic), sue, copyright.' I wonder how many of them read the book or are just AC fans defending the game :/

I find it funny that they would say that the book ripped off Assassin's Creed, since the first game came out in 2007 and Beiswenger's book came out in 2003.

Here's an interesting review: http://www.amazon.com/review/R25TCESD0REBV6/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R25TCESD0REBV6

(edited)
While this reviewer would nominally ignore such things as there is no such thing as a new idea' date=' the author's insistence of suing a company for essentially the same thing he did in 2003 deserves a low rating.[/quote']

But this means that nobody in the creative industry can sue each other for stolen ideas.

What Beiswenger would probably argue here is that AC took not only the essential ideas but drew more heavily on the book where if the book didn't exist but the only these 'essential ideas' would have (as they were before Link), AC would be significantly different.

I haven't read the book so I can't say whether this degree has been met. But, seriously, you don't downvote someone's hard work because your favourite game is implicated in an issue between Beiswenger and the legal department of Ubisoft.

Also, I'm new to the forum so I'm not sure how off-topic we are allowed to go here :P

Edited by Hat988

• 1 month later...

Topic revival in T minus...

Dawn of War II, I wasn't pleased about the lack of base building.

Final Fantasy XIII, the linearity of it.

Populus (DS), Doesn't match up to the Populous: The Beginning.

(edited)

I have a bad feeling the game I'm getting is going to be disappointing. Rune Factory Tides of Destiny, I've played all 3. Most disappointing factor is there's more girls you can marry than boys. Really a big let down. The 1st game they make that lets you play as a girl they give you 4 or 5 bachelors while the boy gets 8 or something bachelorettes.

Edited by RiuChan

Here are mine, I'm limited due to having a PS2 still:

5. Treasure planet, WTF, it was bought in the clearance section at Kmart, it sucked, badly

4. Burnout denominator: Burnout 3 is the best, denominator is not all that fun

3. An Avatar, the last airbender game, got really boring after a while

2. Simcity Societies, EA, WTF is wrong with you? (only PC game on my list)

1. Revenge of the Fallen, PS2, terribly bad, too hard, and too short, and it was boring as hell.

Umm...Probably some of the new mario games. I miss the originals. Like Mario 64, Mario sunshine, the old mario parties, paper mario, etc. Some of them are fun like mario kart wii, new super mario bros, and etc. But Mario party 8 and 9? Ok, its fun...kinda but not as fun as mario party 3, 4, 5 and 6. The remakes on 3DS disappoint me. Yes, I love mario...but its irritating for how he is going downhill :/

• Brohoof 1

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

I am a MASSIVE Zelda fan, and nearly every game that has come out has rocked my world.

Except this one. It wasn't a bad game in the slightest, very entertaining and fun to play. But it wasn't Zelda quality, there was never really any point in the game that made me go, "woah" like.. well the rest of them did, multiple times. It's really just the storyline that let the game down I suppose, everything else was great. Just not what I expected from one of Ninty's great franchises.

• Brohoof 1

I bought this game on Steam called Gratuitous Tank Battles. It's a tower defense game, so i thought I'd like it. WRONG. Worst 17 euros I have ever spent.

(edited)

Umm...Probably some of the new mario games. I miss the originals. Like Mario 64, Mario sunshine, the old mario parties, paper mario, etc. Some of them are fun like mario kart wii, new super mario bros, and etc. But Mario party 8 and 9? Ok, its fun...kinda but not as fun as mario party 3, 4, 5 and 6. The remakes on 3DS disappoint me. Yes, I love mario...but its irritating for how he is going downhill :/

its irritating for how he is going downhill

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

Anyway for it it would be...

Posted Image

But I'd rather not talk about that....

Edited by E.G.G.M.A.R.E.
  • Brohoof 1