Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Not a fan of Flurry Heart?

ThatAnonymousPony

And why exactly would I suddenly like her more just because she has less air time?

Because you shouldn't hate her then. I hated her at first too, but since she won't be on much, don't I have to stop hating her? I get that she's a bad character, but don't we need to stop complaining? I understand if she was on more episodes, but shouldn't we hate her less if she isn't on a lot of them?

Because you shouldn't hate her then. I hated her at first too, but since she won't be on much, don't I have to stop hating her? I get that she's a bad character, but don't we need to stop complaining? I understand if she was on more episodes, but shouldn't we hate her less if she isn't on a lot of them?

I think you're misunderstanding this whole situation. We apparently both understand what makes her a bad character, and that's good. It's great when members of the fandom agree on a big issue such as this catastrophic new addition to the Equestrian royalty. But you've got to realize, when a new element is added to a show, if someone hates that addition based on logical reasons (or even just personal opinion), they aren't gonna hate it less just because they see it less. Seeing it less will give them less moments to be angry, but they will be just as mad during the scenes where they do see it. When someone hates something, they don't suddenly hate it less just because it's not around often. I see her as a terrible addition to the show. I think she ruins it for all the reasons I listed in my original post. Even if I don't see her often, I know she's there. And she still ruins the plot and structure of the show. Yes, I won't be angry over her as often, but I will still be angry when I DO see her. Plus, even if she doesn't have much air time, pictures of her are very common when searching for anything relating to the MLP fandom (they can't really be avoided). Do you see my point? Seeing her less won't automatically make me hate her any less, it'll just make me less angry during the specific moments that I don't see her.

• Brohoof 2

I think you're misunderstanding this whole situation. We apparently both understand what makes her a bad character, and that's good. It's great when members of the fandom agree on a big issue such as this catastrophic new addition to the Equestrian royalty. But you've got to realize, when a new element is added to a show, if someone hates that addition based on logical reasons (or even just personal opinion), they aren't gonna hate it less just because they see it less. Seeing it less will give them less moments to be angry, but they will be just as mad during the scenes where they do see it. When someone hates something, they don't suddenly hate it less just because it's not around often. I see her as a terrible addition to the show. I think she ruins it for all the reasons I listed in my original post. Even if I don't see her often, I know she's there. And she still ruins the plot and structure of the show. Yes, I won't be angry over her as often, but I will still be angry when I DO see her. Plus, even if she doesn't have much air time, pictures of her are very common when searching for anything relating to the MLP fandom (they can't really be avoided). Do you see my point? Seeing her less won't automatically make me hate her any less, it'll just make me less angry during the specific moments that I don't see her.

Wow, I actually think you have a point there! That does make sense. And I never liked Flurry Heart, it now I understand your point. Sorry I doubted this, you're right.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Wow, I actually think you have a point there! That does make sense. And I never liked Flurry Heart, it now I understand your point. Sorry I doubted this, you're right.

It's okay. I'm glad I was able to help you develop a better understanding of the topic. Plus, if we go around acting like Flurry Heart doesn't bother us, won't that encourage them to give her more air time?

Edited by ThatAnonymousPony
  • Brohoof 1

It's okay. I'm glad I was able to help you develop a better understanding of the topic. Plus, if we go around acting like Flurry Heart doesn't bother us, won't that encourage them to give her more air time?

Yea that is also a good point. If we hate her but we stop complaining, they never know we hate her and they'll put her on more episodes. So its good that we spread how we hate her then. Because we wouldn't want her on more episodes! 

(edited)

She didn't have non stop uncontrollable power surges that caused major destruction though

No, she just turned baby Spike into freaking Godzilla.

Yea that is also a good point. If we hate her but we stop complaining, they never know we hate her and they'll put her on more episodes. So its good that we spread how we hate her then. Because we wouldn't want her on more episodes! 

I hope you realize that most people who write for, or work on a show or cartoon don't (or aren't allowed to) visit fan sites based on what they work on.  So making topics over and over to bash a character in the hopes of Hasbro or MLP FiM staff seeing it is completely pointless.  If you all really have this much of a problem with the character, the best way to get a response is to say it to them directly.

Anyway she's been in a single two-parter.  We knew she was going to be in the premiere, and (big shock) she was.  I think the 'discussion' (what little of it there has been in topics like this) about her has really run its course.  All we're getting is the same posts being made and remade over and over again, and the same topics being remade over and over again about her.  At this point, you could consider it to be its own title sequence with how often we've seen it.

Edited by SBaby

No, she just turned baby Spike into freaking Godzilla.

I hope you realize that most people who write for, or work on a show or cartoon don't (or aren't allowed to) visit fan sites based on what they work on.  So making topics over and over to bash a character in the hopes of Hasbro or MLP FiM staff seeing it is completely pointless.  If you all really have this much of a problem with the character, the best way to get a response is to say it to them directly.

Anyway she's been in a single two-parter.  We knew she was going to be in the premiere, and (big shock) she was.  I think the 'discussion' (what little of it there has been in topics like this) about her has really run its course.  All we're getting is the same posts being made and remade over and over again, and the same topics being remade over and over again about her.  At this point, you could consider it to be its own title sequence with how often we've seen it.

It sounds like you have really misunderstood. Have you not seen the episode Slice of Life? The whole episode was made with the fandom in mind. Although they don't base everything on the fandom, we can see that our voices are some what heard. I wasn't claiming that they'd remove her from the show if a lot of the fandom hates her, I just simply stated that they will most likely give her more air time if she becomes a more popular character, and less if she isn't. But I wasn't stating that as fact, because we don't really know. It was just a thought. But anyway, about the same posts being restated, I had to do that. There were some points I have to restate to several people, because they didn't understand and probably didn't read my previous posts about it. Sometimes, I see forum topics that I find really stupid and pointless constantly being commented on and even being the most popular topics, but you know what? I don't complain, I just stay away from it. If people do decide to talk about Flurry Heart, you have no right to say they shouldn't, just comment on other topics that you ARE interested in.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
It sounds like you have really misunderstood. Have you not seen the episode Slice of Life? The whole episode was made with the fandom in mind.

Based on feedback gotten directly from fans at conventions and from tweets.  My point is, they aren't going to visit a forum looking for feedback or ideas for episodes. 

And not only that, but they aren't going to do everything the fans want.  Not only is that unrealistic when you work for a corporation who's sole function is to sell toys, but if you're making a cartoon and you try to cater to every individual fan out there, you're going to have a show that's in production hell for years, and in the end it won't be that good, because there are people who are never completely satisfied.  Using your example here, the episode 'Slice of Life' was made to be a fan service episode, yet just as many people complained about the episode as there were people who liked it (if not more).

If people do decide to talk about Flurry Heart, you have no right to say they shouldn't, just comment on other topics that you ARE interested in.

I have no problem with the few people that talk about her, and give actual constructive comments.  But the last half-dozen topics on this site have been made solely to character bash.

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 1

Based on feedback gotten directly from fans at conventions and from tweets.  My point is, they aren't going to visit a forum looking for feedback or ideas for episodes. 

And not only that, but they aren't going to do everything the fans want.  Not only is that unrealistic when you work for a corporation who's sole function is to sell toys, but if you're making a cartoon and you try to cater to every individual fan out there, you're going to have a show that's in production hell for years, and in the end it won't be that good, because there are people who are never completely satisfied.  Using your example here, the episode 'Slice of Life' was made to be a fan service episode, yet just as many people complained about the episode as there were people who liked it (if not more).

I have no problem with the few people that talk about her, and give actual constructive comments.  But the last half-dozen topics on this site have been made solely to character bash.

First of all, I never said that it is fact! I just said that they will most likely sell more of the more popular items. It was a "probably" sentence, not fact. Plus, if people want to complain about something they feel is ruining the show, let them, and don't get involved then!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I agree, but the part that honestly upsets me the most is the fact that they basically went against The Journal of The Two Sisters in saying that Equestria had never seen the birth of an Alicorn before. I mean, didn't that book basically confirm that Luna and Celestia were born alicorns?

Edited by AmberDust

I agree, but the part that honestly upsets me the most is the fact that they basically went against The Journal of The Two Sisters in saying that Equestria had never seen the birth of an Alicorn before. I mean, didn't that book basically confirm that Luna and Celestia were born alicorns?

I think they were still born alicorns. The birth of an alicorn was something Equestria wasn't seen, but they were born before Equestria I thought. Still not completely sure about this though. Either way, I don't like how they said Flurry was the only one born an alicorn. Whether it includes Celestia and Luna or not, it sill upsets me.

• Brohoof 1

Of COURSE I'm no fan of 'Hurry Flart'!!!!!

All I see is yet ANOTHER Alicorn who will find some excuse to harass me when she gets old enough to think she knows EVERYTHING there is to know about magic, and 'bad old Discord' will end up taking all the abuse!  AGAIN!

You TRULY have to ask me that?  ME!?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

And we at last come to the reason so many people are upset about her.  Because it retcons something that people use to argue Celestia's superiority to Luna, rendering it inadmissible in any debate. 

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
Because it retcons something that people use to argue Celestia's superiority to Luna, rendering it inadmissible in any debate. 

What? No, they were BOTH said to be born Alicorns. Celestia and Luna. Where did that come from?

Edited by AmberDust

(edited)

What? No, they were BOTH said to be born Alicorns. Celestia and Luna. Where did that come from?

I was talking about them saying that Equestria had never seen the birth of an Alicorn before.  If that contradicts something in the book, then that would retcon the book.  It's as simple as that.

Edited by SBaby

I was talking about them saying that Equestria had never seen the birth of an Alicorn before.  If that contradicts something in the book, then that would retcon the book.  It's as simple as that.

What does that have to do with Celestia being superior to Luna, though? :o

I was talking about them saying that Equestria had never seen the birth of an Alicorn before

Has anyone considered that Celestia and Luna weren't born in Equestria, have been the only two alicorns in it for a thousand years and thus the land of equestria has never witnessed an alicorn being birthed but not the world outside Equestria? It's semantics but still.

• Brohoof 3

Has anyone considered that Celestia and Luna weren't born in Equestria, have been the only two alicorns in it for a thousand years and thus the land of equestria has never witnessed an alicorn being birthed but not the world outside Equestria? It's semantics but still.

yeah, that's not hard to understand at all. In fact, Celly and Luna were approached AFTER the founding of Equestria to be their rulers. The other thing that's bugging people with them is their lack of knowledge of alicorn births. Well, I got one possibility: Celly and Luna might be too young at the time to even know about where babies come from, as it is explicitly stated that at the time of their early stages of ruling Equestria, THEY WERE STILL BLANK FLANKS   

yeah, that's not hard to understand at all. In fact, Celly and Luna were approached AFTER the founding of Equestria to be their rulers. The other thing that's bugging people with them is their lack of knowledge of alicorn births. Well, I got one possibility: Celly and Luna might be too young at the time to even know about where babies come from, as it is explicitly stated that at the time of their early stages of ruling Equestria, THEY WERE STILL BLANK FLANKS   

True, I really don't see what's so hard to understand about that. Makes sense to me..

(edited)

I think they were born, but just not in Equestria.  However, I'm pretty sure other Alicorns have existed besides them.

The biggest question you should ask is, were they born Alicorns? 

What does that have to do with Celestia being superior to Luna, though?

By itself, nothing really.  I was just thinking out loud regarding something else on this site.

Edited by SBaby

(edited)

@@ThatAnonymousPony,

But you do realise the show is created for little girls though, not the brony fandom?  

@ Everyone else 

Keeping that in mind it only makes sense to have a cute little baby in it, most kids shows have it somewhere along the line.  :scoots:

The fact that she has destructive powers is just a bit of light hearted adventure type thing where something goes wrong and the heroes have to fix it, not all this crazy indepth problems like, Plot holes, Overpowered brat, incorrect heritage, not allowed to do that, comon, remember who the show is aimed at people, it's not aimed at us and if you dislike the character, well it's going to be there now and again, better get used to it, theres always going to be a character you don't like 

>not the brony fandom

Tell that to episode 100. c: Tell that to the Discord Bob Ross reference, as well as the Discord-in-a-box Metal Gear Solid reference.

Dare I say all of season five? I mean, at this point, it's geared equally toward both it would seem...

Edited by Eazyfries

Well, I got one possibility: Celly and Luna might be too young at the time to even know about where babies come from, as it is explicitly stated that at the time of their early stages of ruling Equestria, THEY WERE STILL BLANK FLANKS

It does also state quite clearly that because of the different way that Alicorns age it's perfectly normal for them to still have blank flanks well into what would be considered adult age in the non-Alicorn pony races.