Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pinkie Pie in Ubuntu

SPLinux

Pinkie pie has been taking over evreything lately, including operating systems!

i was bored testing the new Ubuntu 12.04 LTS release(live usb) and when i checked out VLC in Ubuntu Software Center and this was the first preview image, i swear to celestia:

post-22-0-59988900-1335661254_thumb.png

post-22-0-27956100-1335661119_thumb.png

i am pretty sure they have to accept these preview images to appaer

in the software center...

maybe im just overeacting but i though this was pretty awesome.

any thoughts?

Edited by superponylinux
  • Brohoof 12

I already planned on making my PC dual-boot before, but this seals the deal! Ubuntu, here I come!

Nah, but seriously though, I find Ubuntu to be an all around better operating system then Windows. And with Steam coming to Linux soon, I might not even need Windows anymore.

Edited by Cynic
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

more proof, just checked out the software center on my netbook that i prevoiously had beta2 on it, which of course gets updated to full.

Edited by SPLinux
  • Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Cool find! That's absolutely awesome.

I would quite like to switch from Windows to Linux sometime, and this is yet another point in favour of said switch. Too bad I use so much Windows-proprietary software.

• Brohoof 2

Well, either (1) bronydom is growing, or (2) Pinkie is just once again smashing the laws of physics to little itty bitty pieces and traveling through space and time to end up in places on our computers where we'd never expect to see her. :huh: Hmmm... I'm going with (1) since that seems like the safe option, but I'm not discounting (2) entirely, it just seems a little too likely.

Edited by Batbrony

post-1052-0-67651100-1329709777.gif ! THIS IS SO AWESOME ! post-1052-0-67651100-1329709777.gif

Have anypony sent this to EqD?! It's.. Ahh! And the fact that both pictures contain Pinkie Pie is eaven more awesome.

I can see it now...several Brony haters load up VLC on their new Ubuntu system, and then they see that. After seeing this, they switch back to Windows.

Sadly, I can see this happening.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just another reason to move to Ubuntu :3

I've been planning on doing so anyway, I just have to get my data backed up... sometime.

Hey, I've seen this also when I took a look at VLC in the software center, which was two days ago, I think. (With my whole hard disk wiped and Ubuntu installed in it. Don't worry, I have a backup of my files from 10.04)

It's kind of nice to know that we are slowly taking over the internet.

:D

• 2 years later...

Have a look at the notification options in XFCE. You'll find they have a color scheme for it called ZOMG PONIES or something like that that makes the bubbles big and pink with yellow text. Obviously the XFCE team has a brony or two on it as well. :P