Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

tabletop [Re-Run]War in the North - Tabletop RP

Your Nightly Spectre

sig-4473658.War-in-the-North-Beleram-For

WAR IN THE NORTH

[A Middle Earth Roleplay]

The War in the North was an armed conflict between the servants of the Dark Lord Sauron and the free peoples set within the northern regions of Middle Earth during the 3rd age. During this war which took place adjacent to the siege of Rohan and Gondor settlements such as Dale, Lothlorien, The Shire, Bree, Rivendell and many others had to fight the evils that spilled out of all around them in the Dark Lords final attempt to seize the world.

[Please keep in mind that I am not sure if I should ponyfy this roleplay. If you people will be more interested in a ponyfied version then please tell me. ]

So, this will be a tabletop like RP with me as the Game Master, with a custom simple system to it. The idea is that this would be played in sessions during the weekend at a time that will be discussed with the others.

The custom system will be the support of the roleplay for resolving combat and character specifications and such but not carry it like in DnD.

If you're interested then please say and I'll get to developing the system since I don't feel like doing it if nobody will be interested in the RP. [The Tolkienist fandom is so rare on this forum.]

ROLEPLAY CHARACTER

[WIP]

SYSTEM

[WIP]

post-16949-0-29092500-1461008526_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Nightly Spectre

Hey, I'm re-running this roleplay under a different setting. After all there is a new Tabletop option and I figured I might as well give it a try. Hope this will be more interesting to people. You don't have to be a fan of LOTR to engage in the epic fantasy world that I will try my hardest to bring closer to you. ^^

@@Colenso Rivers,

Alright. I'm almost about done with the system. Anyway... Yeah, I could even help you any time you want. I'll send you a PM and I'll let you ask me questions or I can tell you the lore needed for this in general or maybe send you a couple of links to Tolkien Gateway.

If you have movie knowledge though [Hobbit and LOTR trilogy] then you are quite fine to go, just would require some minor explaining here and there.

Huh, I might consider joining this actually. Don't really have much experience with tabletop Role-plays, so it'll definitely be something new for me.

@@Omar,

Alright, great! Do you have experiance with the LOTR universe?

Indeed I do have some experience with it. I've watched the movies, read the hobbit, and got somewhere around halfway through reading the LOTR trilogy.

Haven't read any of the other books though.

Just reading the new roleplay section is bringing back a lot of memories when I used to play DnD. I'm not the biggest fan when it comes to LOTR, but I have enough knowledge about the universe to get me by. I have seen all the movies, read all the books and played almost all the games. So, joining this should be fun!

I'm down!

@@Omar,

Okay great.

Well, we could use one more person now... I suppose worst case I could be the last player... or maybe not exactly worst case.

I mostly have the system made by now I'm just trying to perfect it.

@@Rokkurin,

Woah did you just come out of nowhere. ^^ Great, I guess we have a full set! Sausome!

@@Rokkurin, @@Omar, @@Colenso Rivers,

Right so, the way this will work is that there will be three character classes:

-Warrior

-Loremaster[Elven character only]

-Hunter

From there you will be further able to customize your class by choosing special abilities such as an offensive more Berserk like Warrior with specific damage boosting abilities or a Guardian who stands as the damage sponge of the group or something like a captain who supports the team and grants all sort of bonuses. Same goes with Loremaster as you can be a healer or a damage dealer or some of both. Hunter can take a more mele path like a Warden of sorts or other things... really the customization will be fun. Everything will revolve around 4 stats which all grant their special magical stuffs.

Note that Loremaster only goes with elves because they're essentialy the only creatures who can use magic in more magical ways, if you all will just be humans then that will be fine as well and simply have a different experience. 

Races available:

-Northern Dunedain

-Man[Dale,Bree, from the Vale of Anduin,{Possibly even Rhudaur}]

-Elf [Rivendell, Gray Havens, Lothlorien, Mirkwood]

-Dwarf [Ered Luin, Misty Mountain, Erebor, Iron Hills]

Colenso, don't be confused by all the names... for you those arn't as important.

If anyone wishes to annoy me and be a hobbit, then please do tell me... I'll make up hobbit race stats....

!!! Also, possibly if all of you have skype then we could organize and do our stuff there. !!!

Anyway, do think about your race and class and if you can then some basic backstory. Based on the characters in the team I'll try and make up the best story I can{Aka where the story would be happening, and I would prefer it be Eriador}

• Brohoof 1

@, I would use Skype, but my internet would not be able to handle it all at once. I will do my best to keep up with all posts and stay in touch with everyone.

My race would be a male man, warrior class, guardian special. 

I as well am in the Pacific Time Zone.

Ideal times on weekends? 5:00 PM through 6:30/7:00 PM are good times on Saturdays and Sundays, and 1:00 PM through 3:00 PM could also work on Saturdays. I don't normally get on between 3:00 PM and 5:00 PM.

• 3 weeks later...

@@Colenso Rivers, @@Rokkurin, @@Omar,

Hey, sorry! I had stuff pop up as well as some problems with the system for this RP, but I'm back now and if you people are still up for it then I can very much gladly get back on track and we'll be starting before ya'll know it.

Almost thought this place was dead, lol. I'm still down for it.