Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you style your brushable ponies manes?

Crazyaboutpegasi

I recently bought a double brushable pony pack with rainbow dash and twilight, and was wondering how i should style twilights mane. I was hoping that one of you might be able to send your own tutorial or something to help me.... Thanks ;)

• Brohoof 1

I always thought that Twilight looked good with curly hair. I dont exactly own any collectables at the moment, I just always thought she might look better with curly hair. im probably not helping. youre probably thinking, how am i supposed to do that? and the answer is, i dont know, i was just a style suggestion.

I always thought that Twilight looked good with curly hair. I dont exactly own any collectables at the moment, I just always thought she might look better with curly hair. im probably not helping. youre probably thinking, how am i supposed to do that? and the answer is, i dont know, i was just a style suggestion.

Thats cool. I actually have already styled some of my other brushables manes as curly, and i understand what you are thinking. It does look rather nice on them. Even if it isnt their real style.

I style nearly all my ponies the same. They just have simple curls. Basically all I do is shampoo and condition the hair, leave it soaking wet, and wrap the main and tail around the legs of the pony. Then I leave it to air dry. This works pretty well for me, but you could also try boil perming the hair into curls.

• Brohoof 2

I'm very simple about styling, since I'm simple about my own hair. I condition it and dry it, just till it's damp and wrap it around their neck with a paper towel and rubber band to give it a light curl at the bottom. I like my ponies to have a forelock, so I'll leave some hair in front of their ear.

As for their tail I like to wrap it around their leg to give it a curl, and I top it off with a ribbon that I think compliments their color scheme. You can make a braid in their tail.

For the record, I've found that those cheap, plastic baby barrettes work well in a small pony's mane.

You can add a small braid in one lock of hair, style it straight, some people do tight curls with boiling water and cut pieces of straw to help hold their shape, while it sets. You could add flowers, feathers, or beads.

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 1

I use foam curlers and warm water to make the plastic playable. After they set a while, I take the curlers out and trim off the ends that always do a crazy spray pattern.  :smug:

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

if you use straws and bobby pins you can do a good deal of curling. I did my Twilight's mane by doing the around the neck curl and then cutting it much shorter, so that the curl only reaches partially around her neck like show Twi

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I have one brushable as of now, but I definitely plan on getting more and giving them varying styles. I often like to style Applebloom's mane and tail simply - I just curl them by wrapping them around a pencil (and using water and clips so that they dry in place). I'd like to try out styling them like they are in the show, though. :) And I'm sure if you look up some tutorials, you could find something. :P I managed to find a few cool tips!

Edited by Wolves
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I only have one brushable it's Roseluck, I don't know what kind, but she has rose designs all over... (It was used from my sister's friend :adorkable: ) Anyway, I style it by wetting her mane and tail with warm water, then curl it around her hooves to curl it  :twi:

I only have one brushable it's Roseluck, I don't know what kind, but she has rose designs all over... (It was used from my sister's friend :adorkable: ) Anyway, I style it by wetting her mane and tail with warm water, then curl it around her hooves to curl it  :twi:

Lucky, I think Roseluck is really cute. Perhaps they made a cutie mark magic version of her?