Gardening

Moon Sugar

(edited)

Well maybe.. I mean like yeah, I do have a garden that has like a lot of those stuff but it's not mine though not really I take care of it though. Still, I do own a few trees I planted so that's something then I also have another tree he's called Groot.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 3

I like Flowers and Plants and would love to have a little Garden or Plants in my room but the thing is, that all the Plants i had, died.

I either watered them to much or not enough.

So, i stay away from Plants now. For their own safety.

• Brohoof 1

Does anypony else garden? 

I just got back from watering my strawberries and was wondering if anypony else likes to garden or plant?

I was thinking about creating a topic about plants and gardening. Moon Sugar, you read my mind!

I love plants, and consider myself a green thumb. I'm currently trying to grow dwarf fruit trees in containers.

• Brohoof 2

Gardening would require me to be outside in the heat... With dirt, and...BUGS. No way!

My parents do. They have a garden to attract butterflies, which means we have plenty of bugs in our backyard. Yuck.

• Brohoof 2

Gardening would require me to be outside in the heat... With dirt, and...BUGS. No way!

My parents do. They have a garden to attract butterflies, which means we have plenty of bugs in our backyard. Yuck.

This is pretty much me all over. Not only am I much more of an insider, but I just have no love and plenty of hate for gardening. Plus gardening is just do menial of a task that it just aggravates me to think of it. Plus...gnat. So many gnats. D:

I was thinking about creating a topic about plants and gardening. Moon Sugar, you read my mind!

I love plants, and consider myself a green thumb. I'm currently trying to grow dwarf fruit trees in containers.

Oh my gosh! I really want to draw growing dwarf trees, so cuuute. <3 

You're a total earth pony!

• Brohoof 1

I've spent the majority of my working life working on a farm or in a greenhouse and it's only made me love gardening even more than I did before. I've always loved gardening and I was actually just planning my garden for this year a few days ago :) Gonna have a nice amount of herbs, some tomatoes, radishes, and egglant. And of course lots and lots of flowering annuals and perennials :D

• Brohoof 1

I've spent the majority of my working life working on a farm or in a greenhouse and it's only made me love gardening even more than I did before. I've always loved gardening and I was actually just planning my garden for this year a few days ago :) Gonna have a nice amount of herbs, some tomatoes, radishes, and egglant. And of course lots and lots of flowering annuals and perennials :D

That's the cutest thing ever! 

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I don't garden much, but when I do, I really enjoy it. I really like planting mostly. Planting flowers, that is. I have strawberries, tomatoes, beans, and other stuff in my garden.

We don't have a whole garden, but we do have a large bucket of soil and a few plants that we water, but for some reason our jalapeño plant isn't growing. Out of all the plants we had in that bucket, it just had to be the jalapeños :dry:

I am the worst gardener in the world. I'd love to plant something and nurture it and watch it grow, but everything I touch seems to turn into death. If I was a super-heroine, my super power would be plant destruction. I love plants, but I have no talent for making them grow. I think plants must see me coming and spontaneously die just out of spite.  :wacko:

Even if I could manage to grow things, I don't think I'd want to spend time hunched over a garden, perspiring and getting eaten alive by bugs as my back slowly gives out. It just doesn't interest me. But I salute and admire anyone who can do it. It's a talent to be proud of.  :grin:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes it's just feels good to see your progress as a person to care for a living things especially plants. Really it's the joy of reaping the fruits of your labor even when things don't always go the way as your want it. That's my drive, my determination if you say to just endure and enjoy.

• 3 years later...

My landlord is finally trying to get together a garden plot for people.  There's probably a limited amount of plots that's going to be available so I've been checking in with the posts that are left on a bulletin board in the lobby.  I've asked him about it recently and he said something should be ready by the end of may since there're some hoops he needs to jump through with the city to get that set up or something???  Anyways, I'm so stinkin' excited, I already have seeds and I planned out a plot already.  I have some seeds left over from an attempt I made two years ago but since I live on, what I call, the dark side of the building, not much grew and I was only able to get a few tomatoes out of all that I planted in some containers(bugs pretty much ravaged my cabbages and my kale :(...).  What I'm hoping to grow is:

Sweet corn

Tomatoes

spinach

parsley

Strawberries

I have everything that I need and I'm really hopeful to be able to get a plot when they're built.  They're going to be raised garden beds since there're a lot of elderly in my building and kneeling down might not be an option for many of them.  I'll just grow stuff that I know that I'm going to eat.  I would LOVE to be able to have some huge garden but a 4x4 plot is a good start and hopefully my plants make it through the year.  I was also considering planting garlic in the autumn once I've harvested everything else.  I've been told that there'll be one yearly payment of 10 bucks, which is pretty good I guess.  I just really hope I can get one, it's been one of the only things I can talk about with my therapist and other people.