Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cannes Festival Presentation?

TheAnimatorOfficial

According to Equestria Daily Hasbro will be having a presentation for the movie at the world-renowned Cannes Film Festival.

Now of course it isn't a screening of the film as some want to believe but we could be getting a plethora of details and POSSIBLY a teaser trailer.

What do you think will presented, and what might all this mean?

• Brohoof 1

I guess like you said, details about the synopsis, if there will be any other actors voicing other characters, maybe some screen shots or concept art.

I'm surprised that this is going on at Cannes Film Festival, The FIM Movie doesn't sound like the kind of movie that would be discussed at such an event.

I guess like you said, details about the synopsis, if there will be any other actors voicing other characters, maybe some screen shots or concept art.

I'm surprised that this is going on at Cannes Film Festival, The FIM Movie doesn't sound like the kind of movie that would be discussed at such an event.

It's a great move though. Like PiratePony said it will give the film a ton of exposure.

• Brohoof 1

It's a great move though. Like PiratePony said it will give the film a ton of exposure.

Maybe there's a chance for it to be a winning in the grossing  :fluttershy:

Depends when it's released. If everything goes right I can see $500-550 million worldwide.

Not expert on the subject, but I think for an animated movie, that's too much. Of course I'm not sure the actual investment on it, but if they gain at least 2.5 of the expenses, it's a winning to me  

Not expert on the subject, but I think for an animated movie, that's too much. Of course I'm not sure the actual investment on it, but if they gain at least 2.5 of the expenses, it's a winning to me

That's gross, not revenue. TONS of animated movies gross that much. Despicable Me, a moderately recieved startup studio film grossed $550 million.

That's gross, not revenue. TONS of animated movies gross that much. Despicable Me, a moderately recieved startup studio film grossed $550 million.

As I wrote, I'm not expert in the subject. Still, it's hard for ponies to earn that much. Not because MLP is unknown, that's hardly the case, but the stigma the average person has towards MLP. But If Hasbro is willing to go on it's way to present it at the Cannes Film Festival, it's obvious they wanna diminish said stigma and hopefully, make it a commercial success. FINGAS CROSSAD DUDES AND GIRLS  :squee:

Whatever happens at the Cannes Film Festival, I'm sure something will pop up in the coming weeks or months once the initial showing in Cannes is over with.

Perhaps we will know which characters will actually appear in the movie alongside the Mane Six and Spike, since those characters are the only ones we know are in the movie right now. There's still no word on Celestia, Luna, Cadance, Shining Armor, Zecora, the Cakes, Mayor Mare, or many other characters being in the movie yet.

As I wrote, I'm not expert in the subject. Still, it's hard for ponies to earn that much. Not because MLP is unknown, that's hardly the case, but the stigma the average person has towards MLP. But If Hasbro is willing to go on it's way to present it at the Cannes Film Festival, it's obvious they wanna diminish said stigma and hopefully, make it a commercial success. FINGAS CROSSAD DUDES AND GIRLS  :squee:

Well then, let's hope the advertising doesn't put people off. Then again, people thought Frozen and The Lego Movie looked silly from the advertising, and see what monster hits they became. Maybe good word-of-mouth from critics will help, too.

Well then, let's hope the advertising doesn't put people off. Then again, people thought Frozen and The Lego Movie looked silly from the advertising, and see what monster hits they became. Maybe good word-of-mouth from critics will help, too.

Good word of mouth will help A LOT.

• Brohoof 1

people thought Frozen and The Lego Movie looked silly from the advertising

Yeah, some people wrote it off as a potential bomb....not knowing it was a bomb. A money bomb. *lights a cigar with one of his stock certificates* 

I believe they might be trying to get the foreign distributors maybe to buy the rights in their country (Lionsgate does this often to minimize flops like with Divergent) or they are just getting the distributors interested so they will give the film more screens etc.

Hopefully we could get one official image at least at some point.

Good word of mouth will help A LOT.

True. Word of mouth is probably one of the biggest reason Zootopia managed to be such a smash hit; were it not for everyone who raved about I would have completely ignored its existence.

True. Word of mouth is probably one of the biggest reason Zootopia managed to be such a smash hit; were it not for everyone who raved about I would have completely ignored its existence.

The Lego Movie (this film's biggest comparison IMO) is another example of word of mouth being a huge factor.

• 3 weeks later...

Outside of maybe getting a short teaser of the movie and or a synopsis about the film's plot, I don't really see a lot of new information coming form this.

Hell, it seems like hasbro actively wants to AVOID revealing anything right now, given how they asked EQD to scrub virtually all the stuff from that russian presentation.

I doubt we'll get any info until about january of next year really.